• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seth Killian joins Sony Santa Monica to work on All Star Battle Royale

Interesting...I'll be keeping an eye on this now.

And hey, if it gives Sakurai all the more incentive to stop purposely gimping his own game, so much the better...

I don't think he even knows about PSASBR or even cares what they do. Namco may want to make it more competitive though.

You love to see that kind of thing happen.

And is this another nail in the Capcom fighting coffin? Hard to see him leaving if SF5 was even being discussed.

Could not be more excited, I knew this game would be awesome and this reaffirms it. Those that are going along the lines of "Oh, well now this game will actually be good" is a pretty dumb statement.

YES. YES. YES.

danielbryan.gif

Let's do it right

3369810_o.gif

flRWu.gif

Well, the game's practically done at this point, so I don't see how he'd be able to actually influence anything.

Game is in pre-alpha, I think. Or at least the demo that was shown. There's a lot he can tweak, even post-release

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay I'm officially interested in this game now, even though I don't own any PS consoles.

These guys are NOT fucking around.

Good stuff Seth, glad to see it wasn't just a firing or something and he's found somewhere solid to work.

Tobe

Good stuff for Seth, his output on the game will be awesome I bet. My interest on te game has now piqued.
Sony really did an awesome move by hiring him. Now let's wait for those domination101 articles base on all stars.

Don't really understand how this helps when the game is coming out this fall. Unless some of the questionable design choices get completely overhauled in the next couple of months...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
wait...wasn't he in the The Tester 3? I guess Santa Monica offered him the the job back them.

Tester 4 will not have any guys from Capcom I think.

JazzmanZ

Now I must tell Seth how much I want Crash and Spyro in the new sony smash bros.

Dear Mr.Killian,

Here is 100 reasons why Crash and Spyro deserve to be in Playstation All star battle royale electric boogalo...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Now I must tell Seth how much I want Crash and Spyro in the new sony smash bros.

Dear Mr.Killian,

Here is 100 reasons why Crash and Spyro deserve to be in Playstation All star battle royale electric boogalo...

Well that Bobby Kotick call.

Don't really understand how this helps when the game is coming out this fall. Unless some of the questionable design choices get completely overhauled in the next couple of months...

The game likely has around 4 months before its release, so he could potentially help with balancing the characters.

Chavelo

Seriously, lead game designer? Couldn't be happier for Seth. I know he always wanted that title at Capcom, but for "some" reason couldn't get it.

Get in dat ass, Seth. And do the FGC proud.

/single tear

Lead designer?

On a game that's shipping this soon?

What is going on over there?

It's a fighting game. If anything, he has a lot of work to do with the balance and mechanics.

Articles he wrote back in the day about fighting game mechanics and mentality:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/controlling-space.1816/
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?forums/domination-101.98/

And a video of him breaking down a fight with Daigo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56r_Zx2wEOo

Comes out during the holidays actually. If we assume that the game's production ends 3 months before that date in September, then there's still about 2 months for him to make last minute balancing.

I-hate-u

I think this reaffirms to me that Superbot has been created for more than just PABR. I think we will see a new fighting game ip from them after they finish their current one

I think this reaffirms to me that Superbot has been created for more than just PABR. I think we will see a new fighting game ip from them after they finish their current one

Unless the game actually does well then I'm sure they'll begin work on a next gen sequel.

Top Bottom