• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sex questions from seventh graders

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
iJ6UNugLCEKJW.gif

dear god

Crayons

Banned
I'd like to believe that these are fake, but I don't think they are.
You'd be surprised how stupid kids could be, especially when it comes to sex. They're usually too afraid to ask questions like that to older people, but that's what the internet is for!
However, that spelling is atrocious and all the teachers at that school should be fired. I didn't spell like that when I was in 3rd grade.

Teknoman

Research is currently being done on the subject, with varying results.

LOL. And yes, 7th grade spelling skills can be that bad. There are still adults that horribly misspell words on public signs.

Of course I live on the side of town where people ask for Grand theft auto "Ivy".

This 16 year old got a summer job at the place I work, and the things she didn't know were astounding. This 16 year old girl actually quizzed me and asked who the first president was. When I, assuming it was a joke or trick question, asked her who, she said "Wait... I think it was... George...... Washington? Is that right?". She had the THINK about who the first president of the US was. She had no idea who the 2nd president was (not THAT bad, admittedly). I asked her to list the 7 continents, she left out Antarctica and Africa and said Russia and KENYA.
SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT A BILLION WAS. She literally didn't understand it was the "next step" after million. Hundred > Thousand > Million > Billion. I had to explain it to her as "One thousand million" and she was shocked. She also told me she thought Justin Bieber had more money than Bill Gates ("Yeah, he's pretty rich but Justin Bieber is a MILLIONAIRE!!!!", which is how we can to discuss billion).

And this girl is passing all her classes.

Pretty much all of these are trivial matters and to be honest the wost outcome is that she'll fail badly on a Gameshow.

Reads like you were trying to show off how clever you are with a pop quiz of questions you knew the answers to and I'd like to see how well at 16 you'd be able to do in the hot seat.

Videoneon

Most of them are hilarious. I also love "What is a scrotum?" being written in such nice cursive. From 2nd to 6th grade I went to a private Catholic school, and in 3rd grade we were also subjected to the cursive grind. Fuck.

Having tutored K-5 students while in college for three semesters (admittedly, a sizable amount of them ESL), I am already tragically nonplussed at bad grammar and spelling.

Which is also douchey on my part, because sometimes I laugh when I see grammar and spelling mistakes. I always make an effort to conceal it, usually pinching myself or clenching my teeth. It's part of the reason I find intentionally using only lowercased letters and no punctuation of funny.

In all seriousness; students need to take writing seriously.

aku:jiki

I would laugh, but the spelling just makes me sad for our education system.
Do you guys not have colleagues and/or classmates in college? Even most adults spell like this. I work in IT and have to roll my eyes at CEOs and team leaders who "can't write emails until spellcheck is fixed" every single day.

TUROK

Jesus Christ, the amount of people in here calling little kids stupid is pathetic.

The justifications even more so.

Eric C

How old is seventh grade?

Eleven and twelve, potentially thirteen.

11 in 7th grade? Not where I went to school. I assumed it was the same for most of the rest of the US as well.

You had to ALREADY be 5 BEFORE you could start kindergarten.
This site seems to suggest Florida also has a similar policy... assuming the school year starts September 1st or later.

kindergarten 5/ turning 6 sometime that school year or over the summer vacation before the next grade.
1st grade 6/7
2nd grade 7/8
3rd grade 8/9
4th grade 9/10
5th grade 10/11
6th grade 11/12
7th grade 12/13
8th grade 13/14
9th grade 14/15
10th grade 15/16
11th grade 16/17
12th grade 17/18

First year of college 18/19

smurfx

get some go again
11 in 7th grade? Not where I went to school. I assumed it was the same for most of the rest of the US as well.

You had to ALREADY be 5 BEFORE you could start kindergarten.
This site seems to suggest Florida also has a similar policy... assuming the school year starts September 1st or later.

kindergarten 5/ turning 6 sometime that school year or over the summer vacation before the next grade.
1st grade 6/7
2nd grade 7/8
3rd grade 8/9
4th grade 9/10
5th grade 10/11
6th grade 11/12
7th grade 12/13
8th grade 13/14
9th grade 14/15
10th grade 15/16
11th grade 16/17
12th grade 17/18

First year of college 18/19
i was 11 when i was in the 7th grade.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ, the amount of people in here calling little kids stupid is pathetic.

The justifications even more so.

They're in grade seven. They aren't that young - it shouldn't be hard to spell words like "does" in grade seven.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Kids don't need to learn how to spell, they all text or IM, now in days. . Their parents are just as bad when they text or type.

It is rather amusing how literacy and language seem to degenerate over time. Look at a random letter from each decade in the last 200-250 years and you'll see the eloquence of the writing drop. It's like reading Flowers for Algernon.

Heck, look at this letter written from an ex-slave to his former master after the man asked him to come work for him again. Keep in mind that this is written by a black ex-slave at the bottom rung of the social ladder, less than one year removed from being freed

The letter said:
Dayton, Ohio,

August 7, 1865

To My Old Master, Colonel P.H. Anderson, Big Spring, Tennessee

Sir: I got your letter, and was glad to find that you had not forgotten Jourdon, and that you wanted me to come back and live with you again, promising to do better for me than anybody else can. I have often felt uneasy about you. I thought the Yankees would have hung you long before this, for harboring Rebs they found at your house. I suppose they never heard about your going to Colonel Martin's to kill the Union soldier that was left by his company in their stable. Although you shot at me twice before I left you, I did not want to hear of your being hurt, and am glad you are still living. It would do me good to go back to the dear old home again, and see Miss Mary and Miss Martha and Allen, Esther, Green, and Lee. Give my love to them all, and tell them I hope we will meet in the better world, if not in this. I would have gone back to see you all when I was working in the Nashville Hospital, but one of the neighbors told me that Henry intended to shoot me if he ever got a chance.

I want to know particularly what the good chance is you propose to give me. I am doing tolerably well here. I get twenty-five dollars a month, with victuals and clothing; have a comfortable home for Mandy,—the folks call her Mrs. Anderson,—and the children—Milly, Jane, and Grundy—go to school and are learning well. The teacher says Grundy has a head for a preacher. They go to Sunday school, and Mandy and me attend church regularly. We are kindly treated. Sometimes we overhear others saying, "Them colored people were slaves" down in Tennessee. The children feel hurt when they hear such remarks; but I tell them it was no disgrace in Tennessee to belong to Colonel Anderson. Many darkeys would have been proud, as I used to be, to call you master. Now if you will write and say what wages you will give me, I will be better able to decide whether it would be to my advantage to move back again.

As to my freedom, which you say I can have, there is nothing to be gained on that score, as I got my free papers in 1864 from the Provost-Marshal-General of the Department of Nashville. Mandy says she would be afraid to go back without some proof that you were disposed to treat us justly and kindly; and we have concluded to test your sincerity by asking you to send us our wages for the time we served you. This will make us forget and forgive old scores, and rely on your justice and friendship in the future. I served you faithfully for thirty-two years, and Mandy twenty years. At twenty-five dollars a month for me, and two dollars a week for Mandy, our earnings would amount to eleven thousand six hundred and eighty dollars. Add to this the interest for the time our wages have been kept back, and deduct what you paid for our clothing, and three doctor's visits to me, and pulling a tooth for Mandy, and the balance will show what we are in justice entitled to. Please send the money by Adams's Express, in care of V. Winters, Esq., Dayton, Ohio. If you fail to pay us for faithful labors in the past, we can have little faith in your promises in the future. We trust the good Maker has opened your eyes to the wrongs which you and your fathers have done to me and my fathers, in making us toil for you for generations without recompense. Here I draw my wages every Saturday night; but in Tennessee there was never any pay-day for the negroes any more than for the horses and cows. Surely there will be a day of reckoning for those who defraud the laborer of his hire.

In answering this letter, please state if there would be any safety for my Milly and Jane, who are now grown up, and both good-looking girls. You know how it was with poor Matilda and Catherine. I would rather stay here and starve—and die, if it come to that—than have my girls brought to shame by the violence and wickedness of their young masters. You will also please state if there has been any schools opened for the colored children in your neighborhood. The great desire of my life now is to give my children an education, and have them form virtuous habits.

Say howdy to George Carter, and thank him for taking the pistol from you when you were shooting at me.

From your old servant,

Jourdon Anderson.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
For everyone wondering how 12 year olds can spell so poorly, I was an assistant instructor at my university and endured that kind of writing from freshmen.

We spent an entire discussion session (75 minutes) in my microecon course at university on y=mx+b. Several students were completely confused and would continue to ask questions about intercepts and slopes, and answer incorrectly in worked problems.

I wanted to cry.

totowhoa

Banned
People are making fun of these 7th graders but I still run into fucking adults who think we pee out of our vaginas.

I shocked my fiance by making this mistake years ago -_- That's what you get when you send a kid to a Christian school that's too timid to teach real sex ed I guess. (Aw yeah, shiftin the blame!)

What I said was something like: "Hey, wait a second, how do you pee when you have a tampon in? Do you have to take it out every time? How come I've never noticed this?" As soon as I said that I started to realize the truth before she even said anything.

Her: "lol wut, are you serious?"

Yeah. :p I think we're all ignorant about something that everybody else knows, though, heh. I tell myself that so I feel better.

Some fucked up questions. What's up with these kids?

Will she bleed if it went on long enough?

Well there is tearing that can happen (which then leads to bleeding) if it's too rough or there isn't proper lubrication. It's actually not a bad question. Assuming of course through the back means doggy.

Uh, it looks like these kids are clearly trolling her. Well...I hope so for our futures sake.

The real funny thing is how worry free they were writing this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom