• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF BayGaf

S5DQKy2.jpg

From the Boardwalk. Damn.

usctrojan

Stay safe, guys.

Also, you learn where some smells happen most and turn off your nose when you pass those areas. Super gross when you accidentally get a whiff. Luckily, it's not all SF.

Any Bay Area gaf nurses? Just wondering how you are coping financially (especially in SF). Trying to figure out if I can afford rent in SF with a nurse's salary

Tabris

Lol. Yes. Yes it does.

Just wait until a bart escalator is down because it is clogged with human shit.

I'm pretty sure I'll never need to use BART ever. I'm just going to use Uber, Muni, and Caltrain. But I haven't used Muni yet, we've just uber'd all around. Only issue is when that surge rate hits. It can be brutal.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm pretty sure I'll never need to use BART ever. I'm just going to use Uber, Muni, and Caltrain. But I haven't used Muni yet, we've just uber'd all around. Only issue is when that surge rate hits. It can be brutal.

Berkeley and Oakland are lovely towns that you should visit and will use BART then. But it isn't that bad.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in San Mateo near Hillsdale.

It only rained for a few minutes.

Edit: Now it's raining again.

On the other side of the Bay it turned from sunshine to sudden overcast within minutes. Hope we get some sprinkles all around. We all needs it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't end up getting any rain today. Definitely colder, but going from sun, cloud, sun, cloud all day.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Oh right, it's Fleet Week.

Sounds like the Blue Angels just flew overhead for one of their practices.

Edzi

Anyone been to Showdown at the Foundry for game night recently? My Thursdays look to be freeing up, so I was thinking of dropping by one of these days. Does anyone who has gone recently know exactly how SFV casuals work down there? I know they have a tournament starting at 8, so do casuals just stop then or what?

Tabris

What is the asian supermarket brand here?

I'm looking for somewhere that will sell import Japanese and Korean skin masks.

EDIT - omg, those blue angels or whatever they are called keep zooming past my building and the bay bridge. Such awesome views. Got to see it very up close.

EDIT - omg, those blue angels or whatever they are called keep zooming past my building and the bay bridge. Such awesome views. Got to see it very up close.
99 Ranch is probably what you're looking for

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Have you been to Pacific East Asian Mall in El Cerrito?

Egnirys

Mitsuwa has a good selection but if you're in SF I suggest going to Japantown. There's Nijiya Market but if you're looking for sheet masks there are a few Asian skincare shops in Japan Center that sell them.

XiaNaphryz

omg, those blue angels or whatever they are called keep zooming past my building and the bay bridge. Such awesome views. Got to see it very up close.

The airshow is Sat and Sun I believe. All the prime viewing spots in town will be packed this weekend.

AcridMeat

Banned
The airshow is Sat and Sun I believe. All the prime viewing spots in town will be packed this weekend.
Nah there was an air show today as well. Blue Angels were on from 3-4, right when I was driving home from the city. Got to see them fly overhead a few times which made up for the horrid traffic.

XiaNaphryz

Nah there was an air show today as well. Blue Angels were on from 3-4, right when I was driving home from the city. Got to see them fly overhead a few times which made up for the horrid traffic.

Ah, for some reason I thought it was still just practice on Friday.

M52B28

Banned
Is Dreamforce some kind of fighting game tournament?
I don't know much about it, but many people are walking around with Dreamforce branded gear.

It's a large conference.

Anyways, this weekend would have been nice for a Gaf meet. The airport has me needing alcohol.

XiaNaphryz

Is Dreamforce some kind of fighting game tournament?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...rancisco-marc-benioff-170000-people/91450966/

San Francisco has a lot of conferences and conventions. As a city newbie, I’ve heard a buzz around all of them: Facebook’s F8, TechCrunch Disrupt, Oracle's OpenWorld, the list goes on. But none is remotely as massive as Salesforce’s Dreamforce.

Maybe that’s because last year, so many people came to the event, Salesforce had to rent a cruise ship to house the attendees once local hotels and Airbnbs filled up. This year, 170,000 people are headed to San Francisco Dreamforce.

It’s a conference, put on by Salesforce (CRM), a cloud-based customer service software provider. Like many smaller-scale tech support conferences, it's a time when Salesforce can meet with its customers and developers, putting itself in the spotlight to announce its goals. And in the spotlight it sure is.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
170,000 people... SF can't even hold the people that commute to/from it! Well, glad I'm not planning on driving around this weekend.

Tabris

I had to participate in DF. It was crazy.

I skipped out on U2 concert though as it was in Daly City and I had seen them before.

So my place has central air conditioning - is this rare in SF?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
So apparently they discovered a hidden never-before-discovered room (the 161st) at the Winchester Mystery House

http://abc7news.com/1548352/

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A new room has been discovered and is open to the public at San Jose's Winchester Mystery House, a Victorian mansion that was home to a widow of the Winchester rifle fortune.

The home's preservation team recently opened the new room, which is an attic space that has been boarded up since Sarah Winchester died in 1922.

Winchester boarded up the room after the 1906 earthquake because she was trapped in the room and she thought evil spirits were responsible for the quake.

The preservation team found numerous items in the room, including a pump organ, Victorian couch, dress form, sewing machine and paintings.

The new room means 161 rooms have been found in the mansion that is a California state landmark, San Jose landmark and is listed on the National Archives of Historic Places.

The house has 10,000 windows, 2,000 doors, 47 fireplaces, 40 staircases, 13 bathrooms, and nine kitchens.

M52B28

Banned
Any reason why Market ST is shut down in multiple sections?

The police have taped off the areas prompting people to not go under it. I'm just sitting here at a MUNI stop.

XiaNaphryz

There a Korean market in Daly city....also Daiso in Japan Town...if u wanna go Oakland...there a Korean market on telegraph

Top Bottom