• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFA on PSP will be awesome, but OMG OMG GGXX ON PSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pachinko

it's worth it, very good ps2 port off actually, music is fully intact sprites seem to be 95% intact the backgrounds took a small hit in detail level but it's barely noticible. You want a portable GGXX then this is it.

ahhh I don't have a fry's near me :( and this is for the import right cause all the websites aren't showing the US release untill febuary

actually never midn that's the sidescroller that doesnt come out till febuary

when the hell is the US release of this one

The sidescroller is part of GGXX #Reload for the PSP.

Most imports at Fry's were still $50-$60. The left side of the top rack of PSP games has a bunch of imports with reduced prices, like Kollon and A.I. Oddly, Space Invaders Pocket was still $60 -- WTF?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
That's so awesome I'm going to post some pointless I-No cosplay...

i-no-cosplay.jpg

Tony HoTT

Banned
PSP sucks so bad for playing games that capcom has taken things into their own hands.

SF_pre_2Dorder_award_1203_small.jpg

Drinky, MAF: Quit starting threads making brash fanboy claims trying to mislead people into buying mediocre fighters on crippled hardware.

Bebpo

Banned
Good timing for the thread. My $20 copy from Play-asia just arrived today and while they did a really good job with the game as a whole, the PSP controls still suck.

Sure they fixed the control issue doing moves by giving everything looser timings so even if you don't do the move perfectly it still comes out. But if 50% of the time when I want to jump forward at the opponent my character jumps straight up...well that still pretty much sucks and takes me out of enjoying the game.

Basically all handhelds have had terrible d-pads for fighters and that's why there's never been a good handheld fighting game (well lack of easy 2p vs. is the other big problem). I'm soooo buying that Capcom d-pad thingy and I really hope it actually works perfectly (somehow I doubt it). Otherwise I'd pay Sony another $200 for a PSP if they ever decided to release a new model with a d-pad like those ASCII 6 button pads or the Saturn pads.

Still it's nice to have for $20. I don't really travel that much and there's no point to play it at home when the PS2 version is sitting here, but the next time I go on a trip it'll be nice getting some stuff like Guilty Gear XX and Katamari on the go.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Bebpo, no offense, but something's wrong when you have a problem with the controls in Guilty Gear on PSP and not Katamari Damacy. ^_^;

Drinky Crow said:
I dunno; feels like playin' the Xbox #Reload to me. Do you have a JP PSP? 'cuz I've never missed a forward jump yet.

Yup; the control is perfect. I didn't have a problem with Darkstalkers myself, but GGXX is clearly more responsive on PSP. It's an amazing port, and I'm glad to see I'm no longer the only one pimping it here. :)

BTW, I picked up a brand new white PSP to replace my broken Japanese-launch PSP unit, and wow, what a difference-- the square button feels so much more responsive, and the d-pad seemed a little better, too. Did they improve the hardware slightly with new revisions of the PSP?

I had a problem with Darkstalkers, but I adjusted in a couple days of regular play; 'twasn't perfect, but it sufficed. GGXX feels perfect, though.

Lyte Edge

Drinky Crow said:
I had a problem with Darkstalkers, but I adjusted in a couple days of regular play; 'twasn't perfect, but it sufficed. GGXX feels perfect, though.

Yeah, GGXX is by far the better port to PSP; more modes and options, plus faster load times makes it the one to get...

...at least until SFA is released. :D

I want to see more Atomiswave games ported to PSP. Give us Hokuto No Ken, Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum, SS Tenka, KOF XI...hell, give us everything!

Lyte Edge

MrAngryFace said:
I wouldnt be able to handle a white psp, I freak out enough about it getting dirty

Haha, it's fine; I have a white DS too...no problem keeping them clean.

Lyte Edge

MrAngryFace said:
NEVER CLEAN NEVER CLEAN!

I remember being impressed by guilty gear on gba hahaha :(

Actually the white color scheme does a great job of hiding smudges and fingerprints. :)

GGX on GBA was a good port, dammit!! :lol It played and animated very well, although the color scheme, small sprites, and sound quality sounded more like GBC than GBA. Still well done though, and it is the only GG game with tag and 3-on-3 team battle...

hanzo

Banned
Went to Fry's. It was priced at $55. Wasn't on sale. Did the sale end? Did u guys see a $25 sticker on it?

Bebpo

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
Bebpo, no offense, but something's wrong when you have a problem with the controls in Guilty Gear on PSP and not Katamari Damacy. ^_^;

Do you ever hit upforward, upback, df, db in Katamari? Not really :p Like I said, the GGXX controls are the absolute best that Arc Systems could possible do on the psp hardware. I have ZERO problems doing moves in the game and it feels great. But I can't jump forward or back with consistency.

And no, I've never used the Xbox pad for 2d fighters, haven't used the PS2 on either. I've always used Saturn d-pad style ASCII pads and arcade sticks for fighting games and have never had control issues. I also have a launch JPN PSP so maybe the d-pad is better in later models? Dunno, but as it is, it's just a nice port with not as good controls as the PS2 one. Great for travel, pointless at home.

Top Bottom