• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV: Ibuki is not releasing in May

K.Sabot

So just skip an update eh capcom?

No premium costumes or zenny shop either? Just gonna mulligan the entire month?

Sesha

They really should have started releasing the characters from April, and to release the characters early in the month, to avoid stuff like this. But the lack of communication is the worst aspect.

RIP all the Capcom apologists.

This company's horrible lmao. They can't do anything right.

Hyperbole. They've done lots of things right, lately. SF5 is their one big consistent fuck-up.

Why does Capcom keep treating their IPs like this?

What other IPs are they treating "like this"?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
They probably thought they'd have the zenny shop working by now and when they realized they wouldn't, they delayed Ibuki rather than let people play with half of the season pass content for free for another month.

vg260

Missing the May target is one thing. Cutting off the communication like they did (and still do right now for the english audience) is inexplicable.

It sucks, but it's easily explained. They'd rather keep their public acknowledgement of their incompetentce to a minimum, so they go quiet until they have an update 100% locked in. Any new broken promises could go over worse.

Sesha

They probably thought they'd have the zenny shop working by now and when they realized they wouldn't, they delayed Ibuki rather than let people play with half of the season pass content for free for another month.

Seems possible. It's not a good look for them, though.

My biggest complaint is that Capcom waits to the very last day of the month to say anything, otherwise the delay is no biggie. Of course this delay will make certain that any SFV thread around here will continue to be echo chambers of hyperbole & incessant bitching by people that should've sold the damn game and moved on with their lives by now.

Moaradin

They promised a character per month,

Not releasing Ibuki breaks that promise. Not a good look.

We weren't promised any character for June. They just moved Ibuki up. The schedule is still on track.

My biggest problem is indeed the communication. Like you couldn't tell us this until the very last minute?

213372bu

Banned
It's amazing they didn't even have the foresight to have a cash shop running for whatever casuals just wanted to drop tons of dollars on alternate costumes to make their characters look cool.

Capcom all around has been fucking up on the business-side of things.

It's amazing they didn't even have the foresight to have a cash shop running for whatever casuals just wanted to drop tons of dollars on alternate costumes to make their characters look cool.

Capcom all around has been fucking up on the business-side of things.

what casuals? They all left

Mik317

We weren't promised any character for June. They just moved Ibuki up. The schedule is still on track.

My biggest problem is indeed the communication. Like you couldn't tell us this until the very last minute?

c'mon man. We didn't get a character for May.

I think most of the rage around this game is bullshit but in this one instance...yeah bad times all around

KaYotiX

Banned
Man the game play is good but everything around the rest of the game is a shit show.

Can't wait to see what the story mode has in store for us.

When the zenny shop launches you'll get to keep the characters, others who didn't buy the pass, won't, and you also get the premium costumes and stages, as well, that they never had. Again, nothing is getting canceled from the pass. Being pissed about the delay is reasonable, but this is some fairly petty shit, to be honest.
Season pass owners gave Capcom money potentially months ago for a product they haven't been getting. (In other words since it's free for everybody so far, there was no reason to give them our cash.) I don't personally mind too much since I got my pass at an absurd sale price, but it's hardly petty for people to complain about that.

And this is pretty delicious after all the apologists saying that of course we'd still be getting a character this month, Capcom was just waiting until the last day and the total lack of communication was nothing to be nervous about.

Like some others have said, I don't have a problem with delays. My issue is the lack of communication from Capcom. They should be giving the community updates a lot more frequently than they are.

The entire Street Fighter V saga has been really sad to watch.

I'm really, really curious as to why they still don't have this up and running yet. I don't think SFV needed another few months in the oven. I think it needed another six.

My biggest complaint is that Capcom waits to the very last day of the month to say anything, otherwise the delay is no biggie. Of course this delay will make certain that any SFV thread around here will continue to be echo chambers of hyperbole & incessant bitching by people that should've sold the damn game and moved on with their lives by now.
Those of us who bought it digital can't sell it. So fuck us right?!

lol How is the schedule still on track? They just said they missed a release for May...which is what was scheduled.

cordy

Banned
Hyperbole. They've done lots of things right, lately. SF5 is their one big consistent fuck-up.

You're only as good as your last and SFV is Capcom's last. They've fallen off.

Besides that, we should have seen this with MvC3/UMvC3, that's when they started really falling off. Either way they've fucked up heavily. I don't want to see anybody defending this crap especially those in the threads the other day saying "no Ibuki will be out in time come on guys".

Capcom's horrible.

213372bu

Banned
what casuals? They all left

Exactly.

It's ridiculous that it wasn't up day one, especially within the modern gens where cash shops are a regular feature. If they had any sense that would've been one of their main priorities.

But cue Capcom complaining they didn't get enough sales for their next game and blaming fans for not reaching goals, as they always do.

Moaradin

lol How is the schedule still on track? They just said they missed a release for May...which is what was scheduled.

If Ibuki came out in May we would still get no character in June. The other DLC characters aren't getting pushed back because of this as far as we know.

They don't even give a timeframe for when the Story and Ibuki expansions are coming either. Incredible.

we werent getting a character in june before. now were getting one in june but not may. everything else is the same.

There was supposed to be a character every month until June. Now we missed a month on top of the two previous ones being released at the very last moment, and not announced until barely before. Who's to say they won't miss another? Sounds like schedule slippage to me, or at least just barely keeping to it.

KingBroly

Banned

Like? I'm drawing a blank here.

Surely not the Mega Man Legacy Collection, with its' input lag, audio bugs and crashes on all platforms (and even more problems on 3DS).

Their Pantha Rhei Engine is gone, forcing the company to use Unity and UE4 for shit like Umbrella Corps.

So yeah, I'm curious what you mean here.

Surely not the Mega Man Legacy Collection, with its' input lag, audio bugs and crashes on all platforms (and even more problems on 3DS).

Their Pantha Rhei Engine is gone, forcing the company to use Unity and UE4 for shit like Umbrella Corps.

Monster Hunter and their Resident Evil re-releases I guess.

Wait people are defending this? They have a sketchy launch. For damage control (I assume) they put out a content map stating that there will be a character released in May. Then May rolls around and they don't even address the fact that they promised a character in May. No "hey sorry guys, Ibuki's release will be delayed. Stay tuned in June." There's nothing wrong with delaying content. It happens all the time, but you're just going to stay silent about it the entire month? Come on now.

I guess Capcom gets away with this shit because people defend it. Such is life lol.

Beartruck

My thought train:

"Oh sweet, Ibuki's the next character, can't wait."

"Oh wait, she's not out yet, or even this month. Back to Overwatch."

What a waste. I love this game (best fighting mechanics in a game to come out in a decade IMO), but they just keep dropping ball after ball.

Neoxon

I assumed this would be the case, but at least Capcom finally confirmed it. I'm a bit disappointed about the delay, but oh well.

Moaradin

Wait people are defending this? They have a sketchy launch. For damage control (I assume) they put out a content map stating that there will be a character released in May. Then May rolls around and they don't even address the fact that they promised a character in May. No "hey sorry guys, Ibuki's release will be delayed. Stay tuned in June." There's nothing wrong with delaying content. It happens all the time, but you're just going to stay silent about it the entire month? Come on now.

I guess Capcom gets away with this shit because people defend it. Such is life lol.

Who's defending it? Most people I've seen that don't mind the delay still think it's shitty Capcom is super quiet about it.

entremet

I'm talking about May. No character for May is a broken promise, and they wait until the end of the month to announce the delay?

Momentary

Banned
So is Ibuki another free character for everyone? If so I want my money back from this stupid fucking season pass I bought.

Daft Punk

Banned

These aren't really good examples.

Neoxon

So is Ibuki another free character for everyone? If so I want my money back from this stupid fucking season pass I bought.
She'll be free until the Zenny Store goes up. When that happens, people either have to pay Fight Money or Zenny for the characters. Season Pass owners won't have to worry about any of that.

Zubz

Banned

June has Story Mode, though. Sure, it sounds crushingly underwhelming, but June was never supposed to be a stopgap month. We were supposed to get something in May, but now we have nothing. It's disappointing, but in true SFV fashion, it was managed horribly.

Top Bottom