• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV: Ibuki is not releasing in May

Neoxon

That being said, Capcom seriously needs to work on their communication skills going into Wave 2. This could have been said in the Capcom-Unity blog.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So Street Fighter V now comes out in July huh? No Kotaku article for the delay?

FluxWaveZ

Some seriously thought that the fact that there was a trailer meant she would hit May.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

People who've actually been paying attention to the saga that has been SFV without constantly giving Capcom the benefit of the doubt at every turn saw this coming a mile away.

Those of us who bought it digital can't sell it. So fuck us right?!

I bought SFV digitally as well. However, the difference between you and I is that I set out to buy a competitive fighting game that I plan on playing for a couple of years. I honestly couldn't see myself buying ANY game digitally that I didn't plan on keeping & playing for years to come. You fucked yourself buddy.

It'll be the last second of the last minute of the last hour of the last day of the month.

Or very close to it.

Capcom seriously needs to work on their communication. They left us all at the airport holding flowers and a big Ibuki sign with Balrog scribbled out.

Oh, so the bad communication... I get the backlash then... "wat a shitshow" explains nothing lol

DR2K

Banned
So is Ibuki another free character for everyone? If so I want my money back from this stupid fucking season pass I bought.

If the store isn't up she'll be free until the store is up.

If you don't have the season pass Alex and Guile are just trial characters.

KingBroly

Banned
These aren't really good examples.

How aren't they? Pantha Rhei was their touted next-gen, can't miss game engine that's gone off the radar, along with the game used to promote it. The fact that their engine isn't done means they had to find other resources to make their games with.

MMLC was such a bust they almost didn't want to pay for it TO BE PATCHED, a thing Capcom has knowingly done in the past (Iron Galaxy had to pay out of pocket to patch Third Strike b/c Capcom wouldn't). And the game still has problems on various platforms.

Neoxon

You are absolutely correct.
I only got the Season Pass because I'm typically knee-deep in homework & wasn't sure if I would have enough time to grind Fight Money. I don't regret the Season Pass purchase since I can save the Fight Money for Story costumes, colors, future stages, & whoever's gonna be in Wave 2. It was more of a strategic decision for me than anything else.

Neoxon

Hope it doesn't change the release of the others then
Even if she releases close to when Balrog is about to hit
June was a free month for the Cinematic Story Mode, so Capcom could likely afford the delay without fucking up the rest of their schedule.

Daft Punk

Banned
How aren't they? Pantha Rhei was their touted next-gen, can't miss game engine that's gone off the radar, along with the game used to promote it. The fact that their engine isn't done means they had to find other resources to make their games with.

MMLC was such a bust they almost didn't want to pay for it TO BE PATCHED, a thing Capcom has knowingly done in the past (Iron Galaxy had to pay out of pocket to patch Third Strike b/c Capcom wouldn't). And the game still has problems on various platforms.

I meant Panta Rhei and etc. We don't know the full story and probably never will so we can't exactly criticize that. MMLC was terrible though.

this is actually kind of sad, a new character should hype fans up, not make them mad about lack of communication and whatnot.

great game, poorly managed.

I-hate-u

lol they have not given a shit about megaman in a long ass time now, hardly any sort of comparison considering they have been keeping up with the SF franchise.

Barely. It's pretty clear from the launch of this game that Capcom hasn't put enough resources into the team behind it.

I guess it was a wrong idea to launch a SF game on consoles before releasing in arcades and getting some revenue that way.

Neoxon

Yeah. It's still disappointing, but I'm guessing Capcom thought of June as wiggle-room for Ibuki to miss her deadline. I guess this kinda works out for me since I fucked up my right hand via oil burns while making burgers for my dad & his co-worker.

Pompadour

I'm glad I didn't make an avatar bet.

I have a feeling Ibuki was delayed because the higher ups at Capcom couldn't justify releasing three free characters as a "trial" because they can't get their Zenny shop working.

I wonder when this update will come? Logic dictates that it would be sometime after E3 so they can best hype it up but, of course, Capcom doesn't follow logic.

gunstarhero

And still no shop? Why is getting their online shop up and running so hard?

I assume the pc x ps4 stuff has to do with it?

Poor Capcom. :-(

Neoxon

So just skip an update eh capcom?

No premium costumes or zenny shop either? Just gonna mulligan the entire month?
I feel like June's gonna be touted as the big mega-update with the Zenny Store. But this is Capcom, so it's 50/50 in terms of if they'll go with the logical decision or not.

cordy

Banned
Some seriously thought that the fact that there was a trailer meant she would hit May.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

People who've actually been paying attention to the saga that has been SFV without constantly giving Capcom the benefit of the doubt at every turn saw this coming a mile away.

Pppprrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Blackage

I swear to god every time one negative news story ends with this game a new one pops up, endless supply of bad press. It is amazing how badly Capcom messed up with SFV and continues to mess up going forward.

DrArchon

Is she still gonna be free to everyone because the cash money shop isn't up?

I can't believe they still haven't gotten that up. That seems like the #1 thing to do. They gotta want people to pay them more money, right?

MrCarter

The management at Capcom is absolutely horrible. Also, what the fuck are Sony doing? I know it's not completely thier fault as they are not developing this game but since they made a deal for it to be exclusive on thier platform shouldn't they help support and manage it too? Capcom are seriously out of thier depth when it comes to the management, PR and marketing side and it disappoints me because this game deserves way better than they are giving it. With an install base of over 40 million PS4's they should have maximised every sale possible.

Zubz

Banned
The lesson that everyone here should be learning.

I knew not to gamble with the Season Pass, but I'm still regretting the Day 1 purchase, and not just because my schedule kept me from playing much from the week after launch until last week. I'm honestly considering selling the game now, picking up Overwatch or Pokkén for the Summer, and re-buying SFV when the game actually feels finished/has a price drop. Who knows? If it drops to $20, I might come out ahead financially. I mean, I know this is just a delay, but I'm so far behind in terms of practice that it might be better for me to just pick up when the season's finished.

this is actually kind of sad, a new character should hype fans up, not make them mad about lack of communication and whatnot.

great game, poorly managed.
This should be a huge warning sign for people wanting more than six DLC characters a year from Capcom. A character a month is only going to lead to poorly balanced characters, flawed art design (lol Alex) or straight out constant delays that just produce bad press. Everyone would be better off with one character every two months.
Just release the character and ban her from competitive play until she's patched, smh.
Too bad the PC version doesn't have an endless beta like Skullgirls did. I'd never delete SFV from my PC if we got free early access to the DLC characters.

Numb

Yeah. It's still disappointing, but I'm guessing Capcom thought of June as wiggle-room for Ibuki to miss her deadline. I guess this kinda works out for me since I fucked up my right hand via oil burns while making burgers for my dad & his co-worker.

8f lag messed with your real world reactions
:)

KingBroly

Banned
The management at Capcom is absolutely horrible. Also, what the fuck are Sony doing? I know it's not completely thier fault as Thursday are not developing this game but since they made a deal for it to be exclusive on thier platform shouldn't they help support and manage it too? Capcom are seriously out of thier depth when it comes to the management, PR and marketing side and it disappoints me because this game deserves way better than they are giving it. With an install base of over 40 million PS4's they should have maximised every sale possible.

Sony likely just paid for the Pro Tour prize money. It doesn't seem like they're helping with marketing or development of the game at all.

Capcom needs a restructuring though. Their management is horrible up and down the line.

Capcom still doesn't have Daily Challenges or the Zenny Shop, and Fighter Profiles are still completely busted.

Dartastic

The worst part of this whole thing is the communication. If they communicated clearly and early in a decent way, it'd be way more understandable. Waiting until the LAST day of the month after saying updates would be monthly and then being like "lol sorry" is just piss poor. Who the hell is in charge of their communication anyhow? Seriously, perceptions were super damaged because of their inability to communicate.

JayEH

grZAZ.gif

VariantX

This should be a huge warning sign for people wanting more than six DLC characters a year from Capcom. A character a month is only going to lead to poorly balanced characters, flawed art design (lol Alex) or straight out constant delays that just produce bad press. Everyone would be better off with one character every two months.

I thought that was the original plan until the week prior to release where the released that roadmap saying 1 per month excluding story mode month

Just release the character and ban her from competitive play until she's patched, smh.

We would still have to play against her online though. And really, the last thing the game needs is more shit being released undercooked.

I would be more angry about this, but I haven't touched the game in over a month. I've spent more time watching streams of the game than actually playing it.

Gusto

Sure I'd love Ibuki asap, but this game is so freakishly good. Maybe I'm just really into the fighting mechanics, but I've already got my character. It's the game that keeps giving.

jmelons

What a travesty..

I secretly wanted her to be delayed until after I get back from out of town mid-June. Thanks Ono.

Absolute travesty.

Top Bottom