• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shane MANGOD Bettenhausen Leaves Ignition Games

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
AntiTout said:
2/10
2/10 "Reviews don't mean much"

I can't tell if you're going with "The game isn't good, here's why" or "The game is good, look at these jokers!"

At a certain point, I kind of expect you to answer the question as opposed to just posting another review link.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aw. Thanks for bringing over Deadly Premonition and El Shaddai (one of my absolute favourites of this year, btw).

And even if the localizations for Arc Rise Fantasia and Lux-Pain were extremely sub-par, thanks for bringing 'em over too. Loved Arc Rise Fantasia a lot.

Good luck. :)

Xilium said:
The voice "acting" in ARF was so bad that it was ironically good imo.
I really wish that was the case ,but it was just too bad and stopped me from enjoying what could have been a good game.

Now Robot Alchemic Drive is a game where the voice acting is so bad it makes the game pretty funny.

ARF's VA isn't that bad. There's actually some good VAs, and the worst VAs got better as the game went on...

Still worth buying. Very good gameplay.

AntiTout

Stumpokapow said:
I can't tell if you're going with "The game isn't good, here's why" or "The game is good, look at these jokers!"

At a certain point, I kind of expect you to answer the question as opposed to just posting another review link.
"At a certain point, I kind of expect you to answer the question as opposed to just posting another review link."

a MASTER NINJA "http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/5/"

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Bel Marduk said:
ARF's VA isn't that bad. There's actually some good VAs, and the worst VAs got better as the game went on...

Still worth buying. Very good gameplay.
Totally. L'Arc's, Cecille's and Alf's improved quite a bit. Even Ryfia's improved somewhat. Rastan and Weiss were good from the beginning, imo.

I love that game regardless of the voicework and vanilla text translation (and I think one enemy's attacks weren't translated...). The battle system (the ability to move out of the way from AoE attacks and spread out your party, and see attack order to play it safe prior to executing attacks), weapon system (how flexible and strategic it was; it isn't about weapon strength, it's about using the right weapon for the right situation... and then playing Tetris with the weapon attribute blocks to make your weapon pretty awesome), Mitsuda/Harada/Tsuchiya OST, guild system and Rogress Hunting were the strongest parts of the game for me. Really, really good.

24FrameDaVinci said:
He pushed El Shaddai like no PR guy has pushed before. I mean, he legitimately saved that title from a complete sales catastrophe.
I dunno, to me this reads like El Shaddai = complete and utter bomba, Ignition days numbered.

Good Luck. Looking forward to where Shane ends up. Hopefully it's somewhere he get's to do more podcasts........ahem maybe 8-4 play?

El Sloth

Banned
sprsk said:
Bye wario :(
sPCCW.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
vissione said:
8-4 so fucking confirmed. Then reconfirmed.
We also have 343i confirmed above. Probably the new Narrative Director, expect thirty minute long cutscenes in Halo 4, all characters voiced by David Hayter.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Oh man, I wonder where Shane's going next? I think it's been really awesome to see him at Ignition and what he may or may not have been able to accomplish, but if anything there's one thing that's certain: I don't think Deadly Premonition would have happened without Shane. I think. Maybe.

I hope someone at Ignition will follow up on SWERY's prequel/sequel/special edition that he promised.

Anyways, godspeed and all that. Look forward to where he lands next.

StuBurns

Banned
JABEE said:
I thought Wario was now immune to bans now that he has been infected with a much weaker strain of the Ban Virus?
I can't tell you where I heard this, but there's a rumour a mod recently tried to ban Wario, and when he hit the button, he actually just demodded himself. They had to fake a whole 3DS melt down thread to cover up the incident.

JABEE

StuBurns said:
I can't tell you where I heard this, but there's a rumour a mod recently tried to ban Wario, and when he hit the button, he actually just demodded himself. They had to fake a whole 3DS melt down thread to cover up the incident.
So what you're saying is that Wario has infiltrated the mainframe?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
water_wendi said:

Dude, I know you're a professional at posting before you think, but

google: Shane Bettenhausen
third link: http://www.giantbomb.com/shane-bettenhausen/72-90234/

Shane "Mangod" Bettenhausen is a former games journalist who is best known for being the Senior Executive Editor for Electronic Gaming Monthly and for his contributions to the 1UP Network in general.

he accepted a job with Ignition Entertainment as their new Director of Business Development. His first game with them was Blue Dragon Plus, although he has been credited in games prior to this.

He stated that his new position at a smaller publisher would allow him to have a greater degree of impact within the industry

Games with Ignition:
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Deadly Premonition
Nostalgia
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
The King of Fighters XII
Blue Dragon Plus

water_wendi said:
Hes best known for his presence on the 1Up Yours podcast. He was also a hilariously outspoken Sony fanboy (which I mean only in the most complimentary sense.)

Anyway I'm very curious as to where he goes next, and wish him good luck in all of his endeavors.

Top Bottom