• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn (Indiegogo, 450K goal)

Silky

Banned
H56dR-p-EjATHQvUt1nLPrtR7Z1JRrk5sgOQ0ZcEH1IRDWwaEylgryKhGEu6qsjI4Cq0lCSZbvweegoiusyzQ04gnmGy0XsoAD93VSwN-hu1AeJKORJ8MQJCKQ

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/shaq-fu-a-legend-reborn

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfEqhmkatog#t=12

Campaign video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LzO5OSpwbp8

EDIT: FUNDED. Consoles/PC version is a go.
WxY26jM.png

tumblr_n52nppEkfI1qdlh1io1_400.gif

*reads Indiegogo page*
Can.. Can I pay money to stop this from happening
Those perks are pretty hilarious/impressive though. Some real unique stuff there. 30 dollars retail though? And DLC?!

Salsa

this is getting kinda ridiculous with the remakes and sequels to bad games

like that boogerman kickstarter

but I guess it's ok

I was given shaq fu as a birthday gift when I was younger...

When Did the whole ShaqFu thing go from a horrible game to a "so horrible it's good" game? It's a bad joke...

kick51

Banned
We are Big Deez Productions, a team of video game industry professionals that comes from legendary projects like HALO, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Alan Wake, Spec Ops: The Line, Battlefield, Killzone, Max Payne, Duke Nukem, and many other huge franchises.

the janitor for the halo team

the mailboy for street fighter

the caterer for final fantasy

the QA kid for Alan Wake

the assistant secretary for the caterer for Spec Ops

the email grammar checker for the secretary for Battlefield

the guy who repaired a PC that was later sold to the Killzone team

the person who did the floral arrangements at the Max Payne dev office

the project lead for Duke Nukem Forever

fader

the QA kid for Alan Wake

this made me laugh heartily for some reason

Squire

Banned

the QA kid for Alan Wake

*standing ovation*

Nailed it. I'm dying here

bigkrev

Why doesn't Shaq just fund the whole thing and cut out all the middle men? That's gotta be chump change for him.

Answered in the post

He is the best center ever to play the game. Of course he's got money, and yes he will be investing a lot of his own time and money in this project. We will be investing considerably more of our own money in the game than we are asking for.
The purpose of bringing the game to the public is to see how much interest there is in becoming Shaq’s partner and in seeing the game happen. In exchange for your help, Shaq, is offering unprecedented access to his life with incredible perks. Here are some highlights:

Bag a signed original size 22 Shaq Attack sneaker!

Play basketball with Shaq, on his own court, at his house!

Have Shaq, become your personal secretary by recording your voicemail!

Have lunch or dinner with the big man for you and your friends!

Be part of the taping of a TNT show at an NBA game!

This isn’t about a celebrity giving away a trinkets for cash, this is a true partnership. We think it is unprecedented. Shaq is ready and willing to work for your support and you can bet that he’ll be grateful for every cent and every plug he gets. He loves his fans and to be able to collaborate with them on something like this has him (and us!) really excited.

We’re not asking for any more than we need. We are all about appreciation for the fact that you’re putting your hard earned cash on the table so that we can make this a reality and we hold that at the core of this campaign. Shaq and the rest of us at Big Deez want partners who share our passion for excellent games. If you really want to help us make something unforgettable - in the good way this time - then help us go even further and reach our stretch goals.

Upon decree of the Big Diesel: 5% of all profits from the game go to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America!

Salsa

honestly the only way i'd buy this is if the last boss is Aaron Carter.

im not even kidding, I bet he'd do it on a heartbeat. I mean what else does he have going right now?

Awww yissss! Time to relive childhood frustrations. All I need now is a Sonic game with that stupid fucking up and down thing from Sonic 3's carnival level.

Valkrai

im not even kidding, I bet he'd do it on a heartbeat. I mean what else does he have going right now?

I think the final boss to the game would be for him to make a shot in.

bigkrev

Holy Shit. I bet that ends up being DLC if nothing else. And I would buy the shit out of it

the QA kid for Alan Wake

I'm fucking dying here lol.

On topic: Come on Shaq, you can't cough up the 450K? edit: Reading fail...

mackattk

Man. that $1000 for Shaq to follow you on twitter for a year is a STEAL.

I honestly don't see this generating 450k of funding.

TimmiT

Those stretch goals are ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that doing concept art for the game isn't something you should pay for.

the QA kid for Alan Wake

hahahahaha

NotLiquid

I've never bothered much with crowdfunding but if this doesn't get funded I'm convinced that the crowdfunding doesn't deserve to exist.

SJRB

Gold Member
I've never bothered much with crowdfunding but if this doesn't get funded I'm convinced that the crowdfunding doesn't deserve to exist.

It's kind of hard to take this crowdfunding initiative seriously when there's a millionaire involved who can probaly whip up 400k from his backpocket at any moment.

"He is the best center ever to play the game. Of course he's got money, and yes he will be investing a lot of his own time and money in this project. We will be investing considerably more of our own money in the game than we are asking for."

"We’re not asking for any more than we need. We are all about appreciation for the fact that you’re putting your hard earned cash on the table so that we can make this a reality and we hold that at the core of this campaign. Shaq and the rest of us at Big Deez want partners who share our passion for excellent games. If you really want to help us make something unforgettable - in the good way this time - then help us go even further and reach our stretch goals."

Shaquille O'Neil Net Worth: $250,000,000

Needs $450,000

Oh the irony.

Top Bottom