• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shatter Official Thread

Lain

This game is a lot of fun.
I'm at the third world now.
The best parts have been those boss battles and playing with more than 1 balls.
Oh, and those circular levels are really tricky.

Lain

Third world boss kicked my ass while I almost had him.
Man, simply keeping the game at the menu and listening to the music is pretty cool.

Lain

Will consider buying when there's an offer on.
?

I thought the game was already pretty cheap.
I mean, I was expecting like 8.99€ for it, not 5.99€. Then again, everyone has a different value for cheap.

Btw, as stated multiple times, they will release a demo later on.

Lain said:
Btw, as stated multiple times, they will release a demo later on.
Thanks, I shall have a look then.

I haven't been following the game, I just saw it was released today so came to this thread.

Wollan

Finished the two first worlds, having a lot of fun.

The music is great. It's like NeverEnding Story and Bejeweled had a child.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Is there a level select or continue option? If I'm on level 8 and die, can I continue at that point, or do I have to replay 1-7 to get to that point?

BeeDog

alr1ghtstart said:
Is there a level select or continue option? If I'm on level 8 and die, can I continue at that point, or do I have to replay 1-7 to get to that point?

Yep, there's a level select and continue option. The continue option will reset your score though, and you can use Continue 3 times (I think) before it's a definite game over.

Best PSN game I've played since Eden. Between this and 'Splosion Man, this is also the finest multi-platform download week for games I can remember.

El-Suave

The game is just as good as I hoped it would be. The music is awesome and the graphics are very clean.

One tiny problem I had when I checked my trophies though. I think I played the game offline on my first run and got around 38% of the trophies before I had to stop. They show up in my trophy list, but they didn't show up in my PSN profile card yet. Synching worked, at least I got no errors. May be a problem with PSN and they'll show up later though. Anybody else had the same problem?

Edit: the trophies have showed up by now, so everything's fine.

Brewer

Neo Member
Love the game so far. Really like the "blow and suck" mechanics. If you liked Arkanoid back in the day, you will most definitely enjoy Shatter. And yeah, the music is soooo good!

Zanosuke

Mario: I have played through all the levels now and there is only thing I can do... *stands up and applauds*

You and your team have really accomplished something ! I was absolutely amazed by the soundtrack, the stylish graphic and yet simple, but ingenious gameplay. Sigh, i feel this will be a game that will steal a lot of my time in the future. There is finally a new champion in the genre ! :D

Can't wait until the soundtrack is released on PSN !

StuBurns

Banned
Just gave it ten minutes, just played the first world. Just awesome so far. It's everything these PSN/XBLA games should be, super slick, super fast tight gameplay, really polished, very high production values. Very impressive.

Façade

Neo Member
Brilliant. Stuck on the 3rd world boss at the moment but have been having a crack at bonus mode and can't get 10,000,000! Best is 9,400,000 which still gets me to 16 on the leaderboard!

Great soundtrack with some really solid and high-paced gameplay. At £5 it's an absolute bargain.

No45

Well fuck, so much for a quick game earlier. Got to 190m (In the Amethyst Caverns at the moment I think, world six) on my first go - I've had to pause it so the rest of the family can watch TV for the night. :lol

Will pick up where I left off later. Fantastic game so far and, as mentioned, the music is wonderful.

ChryZ

Finished the game on my first try while smiling like an idiot. I used the continues, yes.

Very awesome game: easy to pick up, hard to master, loads of depth, brilliant soundtrack, flawless picture quality, excellent highscore chase potential.

I'd say instant classic.

Roxas said:
Completed the story mode, great game :D

Checked the Leaderboard after and saw i was #4 in the world. Sweet.

How long did it take? Sounds like it wasn't that long. maybe 2-3 hours?

needs to hurry up and release it on the US store. Hopefully i can crack top 5 on the leaderboard before everyone gets on :lol.

Roxas

DMPrince said:
How long did it take? Sounds like it wasn't that long. maybe 2-3 hours?

needs to hurry up and release it on the US store. Hopefully i can crack top 5 on the leaderboard before everyone gets on :lol.

Yeah that sounds about right, a good couple of hours.

Havent touched the boss rush mode yet.

wsippel

Banned
First of all: Awesome game, great work Mario!

I spotted a small mistake in the German translation, though: "Credits" means "Mitwirkende" in this context, not "Guthaben". I guess the translator just had a list of words to translate but didn't know the context, because "credits" usually translates to "Guthaben", but not in this context - it's not even remotely synonymous.

Kudos on the release. Now to DL on my retail PS3 and kick some leaderboard ass.

Has anyone figured out the special attacks yet?

I just bought it and it's indeed a great game. Hectic, especially when figuring out the blowing/sucking mechanics in the early stages. I got obsessed with collecting shards and goodies, so I was glad there are plenty "1UP" power-ups, as I forgot about the ball a lot. :lol

The game is very tricky. When you got a life, the 1up appears in nearly every brick.

But I like it. It don't take away the difficulty (you are still able to die if you miss them), but avoids annoying game over in latest levels of the world. But maybe should be a little more subtle.

batbeg

Played the first two worlds, would have played the whole thing before work but my brother had been hogging the tv for hours. It's a fun game, I like it a lot. Can't quite get the push/pull mechanics down to fine control, but hopefuly I'll get there.

Raist

Banned
Mario said:
Yeah, we tried a couple of different multiplayer modes out in prototyping, and couldn't find anything compelling. Co-op especially didn't work as the suck/blow mechanic of multiple bats becomes confusing and unpredictable for the player.

In the end we decided we weren't going to have it for the sake of it, and priced the title accordingly.

We still have some ideas on where to go with multiplayer, so if the game does well and multiplayer is highly requested we may look to revive those prototypes.

Yeah, I don't really see the point of a coop mode for this game. However, a versus mode might work well. Some kind of Puzzle Fighter stuff :p

No45

batbeg said:
Played the first two worlds, would have played the whole thing before work but my brother had been hogging the tv for hours. It's a fun game, I like it a lot. Can't quite get the push/pull mechanics down to fine control, but hopefuly I'll get there.
Yeah, I'm at world six at the moment and I'm FAR from 100% on it. I have noticed there's a little guide marker though that shows the current point of impact of the ball, which you can use to tweak the shot direction (I think they make it harder on the circular stages though, not easier. :lol).

I haven't been brave enough to mess with the multiball yet, but I imagine that's where the big scores will come in eventually.

StuBurns

Banned
I've just done world two, just getting into the guiding mechanics, pushing up one side and pulling down another, you can hold it to fine tune and watch the little dot running along the walls that shows where it'll land. Very cool, it can almost feel like steering a little. What's kind of interesting to me is it wasn't until the circular maps where 'I' am at the bottom of the screen before the pushing and pulling really made sense to me.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Glad people are liking it so far :)

If anyone is seeing a Store price above the below, can you please let me know. Have had a report that NZ is priced at NZ$11.50 which is not what we set it at.

•Price: $7.99 | €5.99 | £4.99 | $9.90 AU | NZ$9.90

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Just woke up and checked the aussie store. It's $9.95

OMG 5c more!! Outrage

Purchased. Now time to get ready for work :(

krae_man

Mario said:
Glad people are liking it so far :)

If anyone is seeing a Store price above the below, can you please let me know. Have had a report that NZ is priced at NZ$11.50 which is not what we set it at.

•Price: $7.99 | €5.99 | £4.99 | $9.90 AU | NZ$9.90

UK PSN says £4.79 and says its by "Prodigy Design" instead of Sidhe Interactive.

Orobi

El-Suave said:
The game is just as good as I hoped it would be. The music is awesome and the graphics are very clean.

One tiny problem I had when I checked my trophies though. I think I played the game offline on my first run and got around 38% of the trophies before I had to stop. They show up in my trophy list, but they didn't show up in my PSN profile card yet. Synching worked, at least I got no errors. May be a problem with PSN and they'll show up later though. Anybody else had the same problem?

Me too! Same problem

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
krae_man said:
UK PSN says £4.79 and says its by "Prodigy Design" instead of Sidhe Interactive.

Lower is fine. Higher concerns me.

Prodigy Design Ltd is our legal entity name which for some reason they have decided to use.

StuBurns

Banned
Mario said:
Lower is fine. Higher concerns me.
Do you just send suggested prices which they can ignore or are they just getting it wrong?

It's pretty scary that they could be so incompetent as not to get the price correct, they only put up two games this week, it's not like it's much to keep track of.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I am also enjoying this videogame.

Well done, Mario! Gripshift wasn't really my bag, but this is something I can really get my teeth into. Looking forward to playing more.

Top Bottom