• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shatter Official Thread

DMPrince said:
Tips on getting high score? I've been sucking and blowing and it hasn't gone up that high. The last time I played and didn't do much of that it was way higher. ii'm sure there are other ways.

Got multiple balls in play at the same time?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
OMFG.
1) This might be my favorite purely DL game ever.
2) Where the FUCK can I get the OST? Right now.

Finally game-over'ed for the first time all the way on Wave 7 of the Amethyst Caverns (OMG the music!). Not bad for a first run! Just shy of 116 million.

Mejilan said:
OMFG.
1) This might be my favorite purely DL game ever.
2) Where the FUCK can I get the OST? Right now.

Finally game-over'ed for the first time all the way on Wave 7 of the Amethyst Caverns (OMG the music!). Not bad for a first run! Just shy of 116 million.

will be on itunes/amazon/etc. soon, and then PSN shortly after. amazon/psn will be drm-free vanilla mp3's + embedded album art. :D

edit: nvm :)

krae_man

78mil was my best score during my first playthrough. Ill stive to beat Sidhe's best score during my next playthrough:lol

Jebus this is an amazingly fun game. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing. Anyone on the fence should give it a go. It completely reminds me of SSHD in its addiction factor. One of my top 4 downloadable games on the PSN.

Bravo Mario and Sidhe, your hard work has paid off.

Mario said:
Our iPhone team is in the process of ramping up :) More news on that in the coming months.

Oh man, that's an AWESOME business opportunity. I will give you even more of my money if the ladies and gents at Sidhe pull that one off.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
I don't know what it is about $7.99 that makes it seem so much more cheaper than $9.99. Smart move on the pricing, Sidhe. Just finished installing it :D

Funny thing is, that two dollars is going to make me buy the game. I've bought so many $10 games recently I didn't want to add to it but $7.99 just feels cheap. Got a funeral to go to tomorrow, but I can't wait to play this game. I was a little hesitant on it until I watched 1up's Game night video. Day
for sure.

EGM92

Awesome game. The soundtrack is freakin great, hopefully it'll be a free download on PSN some time.

Trophies are pretty easy in it, spent 3 hours playing the game and got 66%

Torgo

It's awesome to finally be able to play this with the sound cranked. I'll be spending a LOT of time with this tomorrow.

Bravo!!

Lain

Jos said:
We've put the soundtrack up on BandCamp now, where you can stream the whole tracks, or purchase and download as well.

http://sidhe.bandcamp.com/

As a little side note, Module's partner had a little baby girl today - on the launch day - how's that for a crazy coincidence! (so far he's avoiding my suggestions to call her Shatter :p)

You guys at Sidhe rock. Being able to listen to the whole soundtrack streamed, for free, is really awesome.
I'm really in love with the music in this game.

Oh, and congrats to Module and his partner.

Liberty4all

Banned
I also bought.

Really enjoying the game. It's feels so old school but with really nice modern touches put in.

The music, as everyone else has mentioned is also awesome. A great game to just lose yourself in for an hour or so.

Crisis

Banned
Mario said:
Heh, surprise surprise.

eFertLISdotcom at the top of the leaderboard again :)

Mario I just wanted to say that this game is really really fantastic. I started playing from the beginning then I looked down and two hours had gone past. You guys have very quickly become one of my favorite developers and I look forward to whatever your next project is. The attention to detail in this game is something that didn't happen by accident and I really enjoy it.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Crisis said:
Mario I just wanted to say that this game is really really fantastic. I started playing from the beginning then I looked down and two hours had gone past. You guys have very quickly become one of my favorite developers and I look forward to whatever your next project is. The attention to detail in this game is something that didn't happen by accident and I really enjoy it.

Thanks to yourself and others for both the kind words of support and of course for buying the game.

It is great to see so many people having so much fun with the game. The dev team is enjoying reading the gamer comments in this thread and elsewhere.

Agent X

Awesome game!

I was concerned about how the controls would work out with the analog thumbstick (as opposed to something like a rotary paddle), but you guys absolutely nailed it here. It practically feels like second nature, and I never once worried about oversteering or understeering my paddle in my nearly two hours of play.

Some of the bosses are very creative. I love encountering them and then trying to figure out the necessary techniques to defeat them. Players will need to learn to master all the controls available to them in order to succeed on the higher levels.

As many others have mentioned, the music really kicks butt as well!

Thanks to Mario and the rest of the crew at Sidhe for making this game available for us to enjoy! :D

Edgeward

How many people have already bought this? I tried checking the leaderboards but then I got tired of scrolling down. :lol

Mr.NiceGuy

Bought the game, finished the first world I have minor issues about the control but so far the game is amazing in every thing.

Guys do you know of a cool wallpaper for this game ? a high res screenshot will work for me too.

Railer

vocab said:
Got a quick question.

When you beat a level, and your score gets tallied up, what does "Next Target for this mode" mean? I first thought this is a score better than yours pulled from the scoreboard so you can aim for it the next time you play that level, but when I played the level over, I got for example say 8,900,000 total for that level. When it flips to "Next Target for this mode" it also says 8,900,000. So what gives?

I think it's the friends score system. When it says next target is the same as you have, your in the lead on that level of your friends. If not, it shows you the next closest friends score so you know what to beat. Like in GW2.

Wow.

I just bought this without knowing anything about it. Such an awesome game.

Powered through in one sitting and got the Master Batter trophy.

Didn't know about the shield button until after I finished it. :lol

Flunkie

Banned
Edgeward said:
How many people have already bought this? I tried checking the leaderboards but then I got tired of scrolling down. :lol
Hopefully it moves a lot. Everyone at Sidhe deserves it. Really.

Wow. Amaaaaazing game. Possibly my favorite PSN game of all time.

This actually reminds me so much of The World Ends With You in an odd kind of way - there are so many little subsystems, and the difficulty and level of reward and precision feel totally customizable from moment to moment. Beautiful use of physics, beautiful presentation, beautiful gameplay. Sidhe ROCKS.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Edgeward said:

Leaderboards have about 5,700 people on there since checking not long ago.

Jos

Mr.NiceGuy said:
Guys do you know of a cool wallpaper for this game ? a high res screenshot will work for me too.

We will hopefully be updating the game site next week with more media including wallpapers.

:D

Blablurn

finished the the first three stages now. great game! i thought i wouldn't like it because i'm not really into this kind of genre but i'm having a great time at the moment. Thumbs up. good work!

you get a celebrating oliver kahn from me.

2cnxboo.gif

Danne-Danger said:
Wow.

I just bought this without knowing anything about it. Such an awesome game.

Powered through in one sitting and got the Master Batter trophy.

Didn't know about the shield button until after I finished it. :lol

8|

You sunuva ....

batbeg

highluxury said:
About boss-rush, if youre talking about the The boss trophy... it seems like its the best idea to have as many balls as you can handle bounce around.

Hehehe.

Brianemone said:
Got multiple balls in play at the same time?

Hehehe.

DMPrince said:
Tips on getting high score? I've been sucking and blowing and it hasn't gone up that high. The last time I played and didn't do much of that it was way higher. ii'm sure there are other ways.

Hehehe.

...sorry. Thread continues to amuse me :(

Too tired from work to play now, but am listening to the soundtrack. Sooo gooood.

Jos

schennmu said:
Wow, this game is a retro fan's wet dream! The music rocks so much. More people need to buy this!

We're getting a good number of listens on the BandCamp/ - really stoked to see the music going down so well - was a lot of fun to work on with Module and he put so much passion into it.

Greg

Game is so damn fun - my oldest brother and I were just handing the controller off every level for a good two hours.

I never really got into SSHD because the beginning stages always bored me on multiple playthroughs, but having the ability to launch all the balls out at once really makes that problem nonexistent in this game because you can always increase the amount of risk you're taking.

Easily worth the 8 bucks!

This looks hot. How does it compare to Space Invaders Extreme? I absolutely loved that game...for about 2 hours and then I was done with it. Does this hold up better?

I just love breakout clones. This one looks to be a winner and Mario's brilliant comment on Europe's suffering only further solidifies the deal. Will get post-haste.

dfyb

Banned
finished story mode. the boss fights are my favorite -- will probably enjoy boss run the most. great game.

BeeDog

MOTHERFUCKING COCKSUCKING ARGHHHH, tried to do a Master Batter run only to die on the 8th boss (Over Boss or whatever the fuck he's called). RAAAAAAAAGEEEE FUUUUUUU-

Lain

Bought the soundtrack from the bandcamp site. Seeing I could download it in FLAC just pushed me over. I prefer physical media, but if I can get loseless then I'm pretty happy.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Lain said:
Bought the soundtrack from the bandcamp site. Seeing I could download it in FLAC just pushed me over. I prefer physical media, but if I can get loseless then I'm pretty happy.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the soundtrack is not only coming to iTunes/Amazon etc but we are also doing a physical release which should have some art included. But that is a few weeks away at least. Will post when that becomes available.

Railer

I played a couple of more levels now and i have to say that i really like the life system. Having the option to throw out more balls whenever i want is amazing, especially on bosses.
I have managed to get game over thanks to that though, when i went a little bit overboard :lol

Top Bottom