• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shawshank Redemption is the best movie ever made IMO. What's yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leon

Leon-poster.jpg

Easily one of Gary Oldman's finest performances!

Scavenger

Lawrence of Arabia. It's scale is so much bigger than modern movies. Special effects mostly consisted of doing the actual thing and just film it, be it derailing of trains or giant cavalry charges against a city. Every shot is worthy of being framed on a wall.
Yep. The film is perfection from the very moment the mood-setting overture plays.

Surprisingly for a film with a running time of more than 3 hours there isn't a single boring moment which is quite an achievement. Most recent films in the three hour range just feel too long, but not Lawrence of Arabia.

MilkyJoe

Shawshank is so not the best movie ever made.

I'd probably go with Pulp Fiction, Fightclub or the Big Lebowski...

Bu t the real answer is the Goonies.

I have a quite a few that I can't choose between (in no particular order):

1) The Shawshank Redemption
2) The Green Mile
3) Saving Private Ryan
4) Road to Perdition
5) Schindler's List
6) Gangs of New York
7) The Dark Knight

I want to say something like 2001, There Will Be Blood, etc. But I would be lying to myself, the answer can only be Back to the Future.

Slevin

Mine would be The Fifth Element.

If there is a heaven, for me it would be endless rewatches of the movie and every time would be like the first time I watched it.

I'm not arrogant enough to proclaim what the best movie ever made is, but my personal favorite is probably James Cameron's Aliens :)

Rocky 1.

I see that movie more as a romantic flick than a sports film. Perfect setting, great chemistry, great soundtrack.

Perfect movie.

Rocky 1.

I see that movie more as a romantic flick than a sports film. Perfect setting, great chemistry, great soundtrack.

Perfect movie.

I was watching this with the gf a few weeks ago, and we noticed that Rocko was sending out some serious rape vibes when he had Adrian in his apartment.

TM94

Yeah I would say Shawshank too.

My favorite film though is the Bourne Identity

Must have seen it about 20 times.

I was watching this with the gf a few weeks ago, and we noticed that Rocko was sending out some serious rape vibes when he had Adrian in his apartment.

Sorry, but that's how real life work mostly. It's just that these days everything is offending to everyone. Too much political correctness these days, specially in the USA.

Too many for me to decide just one.

My all time favorites are:
Die Hard
Die Hard With A Vengeance
Robocop
Footloose
Leon
Hellraiser
Kill Bill Vol 1
Silence of the Lambs
Psycho
Pulp Fiction

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I can't do lists no matter how hard I try, but I'm gonna say Blade Runner is my favourite movie of all time.

ecierif

It's a hard question,because i didn't see a lot of movies,and my favorite changes with my mood,probably if you made this thread tomorrow my answer would be different
it would be Easy A certainly
. But,my favorite,and one of the movies that really touched me,was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

I don't know about best movie ever made, but Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind may be my favorite movie.

Gries

my top 5 favorite movies of all time are:

- 21 Grams
- Dead Man Walking
- Pi
- Requiem for a Dream
- Oldboy

ChaosXVI

For movie that I enjoy most and can watch literally any time and enjoy it, its got to be Pulp Fiction. It's just so damn good, so quotable...anyone who doesn't like Pulp Fiction is automatically downgraded on my respect list. How could you not like it?

But I know it's not technically the best...its just what I enjoy most. There Will Be Blood is a near 2nd.

Nokterian

I watch The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile once a year. Not only because there good there still fun to watch even if i saw them so many times.

Same goes to Back to the Future,Die Hard,Die Hard with a Vengeance, Robocop, Demolition Man. Blade Runner,LOTR, The Dark Crystal and a whole lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom