• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

She-Hulk Lead Tatiana Maslany Thinks Season 2 Is Unlikely

Spyxos

Gold Member
she_hulk.0.jpg

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law star Tatiana Maslany doesn't think Disney or Marvel are interested in making a Season 2 due to budget concerns.

As reported by The Direct, Maslany told Twitch user NerdIncorrect that she doesn't think fans should hold out hope for a second season of the fourth wall-breaking comedy series.
When asked if Season 2 is likely, Maslany said simply: "I don't think so." She expanded slightly, saying financial concerns might be stopping its production. "I think we blew our budget, and Disney was like, 'No thanks,' " Maslany said.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Budgets for the Marvel Cinematic Universe TV shows like Hawkeye, Loki, and Wandavision haven't been officially announced by Disney, but Variety reported in November 2023 that a single episode of She-Hulk cost $25 million. Final season episodes of HBO hit Game of Thrones cost around $15 million each, again according to Variety, though had a much greater impact than She-Hulk.

It boggles the mind how much money Disney spent on these rubbish shows. Secret Invasion cost an incredible $35 million per episode - and it still looks like like a low budget CW TV show. Where the hell did all that money go? Not to the writers or CGI production companies.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

At least she's aware that she and everyone else made steaming hot garbage...

More than can be said for the rest of Disney's lineup

Last edited:

BlackTron

It boggles the mind how much money Disney spent on these rubbish shows. Secret Invasion cost an incredible $35 million per episode - and it still looks like like a low budget CW TV show. Where the hell did all that money go? Not to the writers or CGI production companies.

They had the budget to be movie-tier just on TV. Lots of holier-than-thou, "my morals are superior to yours" types running this stuff I'd suspect of corruption.

I didn't watch it, but the screens/videos I've seen make it look incredibly unappealing. I mean this literally--the lighting, framing, etc. all looks just careless, like no one put any thought into any of it. It's hardly alone in the MCU in this respect of course, but it seemed like the worst example of their "what if we pointed the camera at the characters while they deliver exposition" approach to filmmaking. I did watch the first episode of Echo, though, and it was pretty good.

As I never tire of pointing out, Godzilla Minus One is a two hour movie with lots of CGI that was made for less money than the typical D+ MUC show spends on one episode, and it looks better and also has more resonant themes and better acting.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I get the impression she thought she'd hooked herself up to the gravy train, and could easily say and do what she wanted, thinking she had the might of Disney behind her. Now the gravy train has apparently completely derailed, she's singing a different tune.

I'd assume there's going to be a lot of this from Disney employees coming soon...

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Sorry, we decided not to budget any more money on making the same type of failing content.

Anyway, time for another Star Wars movie get me Daisy Ridley on the phone

I still don't think that's getting made. Unless the shareholders at Disney are completely out of touch with what the audience sentiment is, of course.

Kenpachii

It would not surprise me that these shows are greenlit in order to get more female attention towards there shows as maybe the men department is drying up.

Kenpachii

I feel like the shows with more attractive men will attract more women :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Well that's the thing, when mandalorian got aired season 1, it attracted a ton of female attention because of the kid/dad dynamo. Which attract woman to watch it.

Instead they think the majority want to see some "empowered woman" be a better guy and it falls flat on there face because woman simple won't look at it. Which result in men tuning in get annoyed and also leave 2 seconds later.

However i can see disney push for a bigger female audience because maybe that's where the gains for them are there to get as the men department is already saturated.

Here whenever i walk throught the neightbourhood, i see barely any guy infront of the TV, it's all woman watching drama shows. And when i watch commercials on TV it's heavily woman focused.

This also reminds me of those tv shows like stargate/startrek etc that got replaced by singing contest because it attracted massive swamps of female attention and it engulved those shows entirely on viewers + where dirt cheap to make.

Last edited:

LordCBH

She Hulk Dance GIF

Good. Now if all the rest could get the axe too. Marvel needs a good 3-4 years off at this point. They’ve been releasing stinker after stinker for like 3 years now.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Didn’t watch a single episode of this (or any marvel tv show except Moon Knight which I dropped after one episode). All I’m gonna say is that She-Hulk is sexy as hell especially in her leotard. Her look in UMV3 ugh great theme too

Hulk is already a bottom tier Marvel character. She-hulk wasn't gonna light a storm.
I suspect most people at Marvel have come to hate the Hulk IP with the endless squabbles with Universal over the rights and did this just to sink it. The same with Madame Web and Sony using it to sabotage Spiderman by introducing a ridiculous backstory impossible to match with the MCU.

NickFire

It would not surprise me that these shows are greenlit in order to get more female attention towards there shows as maybe the men department is drying up.
I would guess that's true in part, although an argument could be made that these shows are the reason the existing audience is drying up. I would also guess that another causation was fear of saying no and then being accused of sexism (etc.) by subordinates. Golden parachutes don't get popped from failure, but they can be popped when fired for cause.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Who knows where the money goes. Either the actors and every staff member is getting lottery kind of pay, or the got goosed by suppliers for all the gear and shit they need to make the show.

Ones things for sure. Whomever is green lighting the budgets should be fired.

bitbydeath

Could be remembering wrong but didn’t this show erase all prior episodes with the last episode, making viewing a giant waste of everyones time?

Are we finally starting to see this fucking awful cultural revolution collapse? I'm not sure. DEI bollocks still infests almost every public space. But please... it just can't go on. It's just so unbelievably uncool.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Are we finally starting to see this fucking awful cultural revolution collapse? I'm not sure. DEI bollocks still infests almost every public space. But please... it just can't go on. It's just so unbelievably uncool.
Every time I think it’s over, I’m proven very wrong.

With Disney specifically, something must be very broken for them to be throwing money away at these projects that continuously bomb. It’s as if they don’t see what we all see. Or more likely, they refuse to.

Top Bottom