• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaghetti

if they can somehow confirm Shenmue 1 and 2 HD and paypal before the campaign we can see some huge numbers.
that'd be an excellent trump card to pull, but i only see paypal happening.

it'd be cool if sega came out and said something in the final week but i'm sure they'd have to do the finances and logistics before they could announce that. unless they've been working on it since the KS launched, that won't happen by next week.

Maligna

Banned
Wow! Just found an ad in the local online classifieds for a mint condition Japanese import Shenmue 1 for $30. An I getting a deal or what?

addik

if they can somehow confirm Shenmue 1 and 2 HD and paypal before the campaign we can see some huge numbers.

They should definitely work with Sega about bundling a hypothetical HD version in their pledges, similar to what Dreamfall: Chapters did with TLJ and Dreamfall. Pledgers can grab an advanced copy (Digital or Physical) if they add x amount of dollars to their pledge (like for example, +$30 for a digital copy of the HD version or +$60 for the physical copy)

The coolest part about this is it really feels like a fan movement to me.
The fact we together have raised millions is staggering.
I know all Kickstarters do the same thing... but this one feels different.
It really was in our hands and I don't think we've let Yu down.

Zedox

The only thing more they can do to get more people is make an Xbox version (not saying about why they can't or anything like that...I'm just putting it out there)

Happy this is happening. I think we'll hit 5 million.

MrCuddle

Full steam ahead

Upped my pledge to 250$

Just watched the Shenmue 3 reaction compilation(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcUoRij3B2I) and it brought a tear to my eye. Four years in a row I've disregarded sleep during the big E3 night hoping for this announcement and it is finally happening. Feels amazing!

YS would be insane not to open some sort of store on their website once this KS is complete to sell. Obviously not the original LE items but t-shirts and the like. They would make a ton.

Definitely! I'd just keep on sprinkling money over something like that.

master15

Honestly it feels great to be vindicated after 14 years that there is real, serious love for this series.

I personally don't think it will quite register until we see the game in motion (Guessing Monaco next year?) or possibly until I get my physical copy and put it in my PS4.

It has been amazing to see the community galvanize and come together though.

So apologies if this has already been asked, but for the higher tiers ($100+) will you now get a choice between physical PC and PS4 versions of the game? As I backed when only a physical PC copy was available but I'd much rather have a physical PS4 version.

SRTtoZ

4.1 Million. We doin' shit!

So apologies if this has already been asked, but for the higher tiers ($100+) will you now get a choice between physical PC and PS4 versions of the game? As I backed when only a physical PC copy was available but I'd much rather have a physical PS4 version.

Yes, I believe an email will go out and ask which version you want.

All backers pledging for a $60 Reward tier or higher, will have the option of a PS4 Physical Copy as their platform choice.

Yes. A survey will go after the campaign confirming your version.

Crazy how fast the "get your picture in the game" tier all went.

BGSfxpY.png

Seems nobody wants to be a Lucky Hit stand quite as much though...

aKKR8K0.png

Poop! I was seriously thinking of getting my face put on a poster, but it's already too late! POOOOOP I SAY!

eso76

I really don't think his article is bad because when I first read the Shenmue update then went to look at the PS4 physical tier, that is the first thing that literally came to my mind - the PS4 placeholder art looks so cheesy and unprofessional, and yes, I know it's a placeholder. I am sure there are many people who feel the same without reading that article.

Feeling the same, sure.

Feeling the need to write an article about that ? Weak.

Dissing the entire KS because of that ? Simply idiotic.

Although I can maybe imagine what is actually being questioned here is whether the team is actually capable of delivering, or making an effort. I have to admit between the rough demo, the cheap logo, the ks page and character model things aren't looking too promising right now.

Its interesting how, despite today making the same amount as day 3 so far, there has only been less than a third of day 3's backers. I'm assuming the vast majority of todays money is from people upping their pledges.

OhhmxtG.png

As previously promised, I've finally dropped the appropriate funds for a physical PS4 edition. I wish I could've went higher for the "Trial Version," but earlier access for PC and a backer credit doesn't sound too enticing compared to all the extra bits that came with the Bloodstained campaign. Glad that I could help out on this long-awaited dream project and this is coming from someone who admittedly hasn't been a Shenmue title despite owning both available installments.

Yes. A survey will go after the campaign confirming your version.

Excellent, I thought that'd be the case, just wanted to check. Now if they did somehow manage to offer up Shenmue 1&2 HD and bundle them physically with 3 in some kind of special edition I'd totally raise my pledge even further... Either way, its great to see the Kickstarter get a second wind with these new tiers/rewards.

Spaghetti

I personally don't think it will quite register until we see the game in motion (Guessing Monaco next year?) or possibly until I get my physical copy and put it in my PS4.

It has been amazing to see the community galvanize and come together though.
you might be right. i think at the end of this kickstarter it'll finally kick in. i may finally shed a tear or some crap like that.

It's actually Bob's Pizza store song.
or this

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So me and my friends decided to do something special for our dearest friend's wedding gift.
Before anyone says it's lame, the guy has history with Shenmue and was ecstatic at the prospect.

Waiting for a paypal option to pop up to pledge our $3000.

At first we were going for 10k tier (we've "only" raised 8k so far tho) but it looks they might be all gone before a paypal option appears and also I think I have a better idea of what to do with the money: i've proposed we settle for a Ryo's jacket replica and an all expenses paid trip to Shenmue 2's locations for him and his wife.

Seems pretty dope to me for a wedding gift to a huuuuge fan of the series and honestly it sounds better to me than going for a solo dinner with Yu; truly I wanted to get him the watch but it's gone already so more money to spend traveling for the two of them. What do you guys think, good enough y/n? Any better ideas?

Its interesting how, despite today making the same amount as day 3 so far, there has only been less than a third of day 3's backers. I'm assuming the vast majority of todays money is from people upping their pledges.

Its a good thing its going up, but I do think its a bit of a concern that more new people aren't pledging and instead its going up by people upping pledges, simply because I don't think its all that sustainable to keep doing that.

I am pleased its gone up by $300k~ today though, hopefully it keeps going like this and that they've got some other good stuff coming which will boost the numbers in the remaining 2 weeks

Its a good thing its going up, but I do think its a bit of a concern that more new people aren't pledging and instead its going up by people upping pledges, simply because I don't think its all that sustainable to keep doing that.

I am pleased its gone up by $300k~ today though, hopefully it keeps going like this and that they've got some other good stuff coming which will boost the numbers in the remaining 2 weeks

Yeah, if not I'm suspecting that once people are done upping their pledges it will go right back down to $20-$30k per day in a couple days. Hopefully I'm wrong.

So me and my friends decided to do something special for our dearest friend's wedding gift.
Before anyone says it's lame, the guy has history with Shenmue and was ecstatic at the prospect.

At first we were going for 10k tier (we've "only" raised 8k so far tho) but it looks they might be all gone before a paypal option appears and also I think I have a better idea of what to do with the money: i've proposed we settle for a Ryo's jacket replica and an all expenses paid trip to Shenmue 2's locations for him and his wife.

Seems pretty dope to me for a wedding gift to a huuuuge fan of the series and honestly it sounds better to me than going for a solo dinner with Yu; truly I wanted to get him the watch but it's gone already so more money to spend traveling for the two of them. What do you guys think, good enough y/n? Any better ideas?

I don't wanna rain on your parade, bur shouldn't a wedding gift be something that both people can enjoy?

It's still the highest number of backers since Day 4, and the day isn't over yet. This is a pretty good day considering where in the life of the campaign it's coming.

master15

One clarification with the dinner reward they are allowed to bring 1 guest so he wouldn't necessarily have to go solo but not sure if he's a big Suzuki fan outside Shenmue.

Bl@de

Just wanted to say (before GAF crashes again -.-): Great job everyone. Over 200.000$ in one day. Shenmue has a special fanbase. So happy about the physical PS4 tier. Now lets get this to 4.2 million today (well its the 4th already here in Germany ... So go USA! Btw. Happy independence day. Saw some fireworks here too over at the barracks^^)

lumi7890

Sounds cool to me, the fact that you sending them to locations from the game is probably the best idea.

Erevador

It feels great to finally be over 200% funded. To know that we have already managed to give Yu twice what he initially asked for.

We are gaining on Torment very fast. That'll make us the 2nd most funded video game Kickstarter, and the 10th most funded overall.

Cubed

I will AT LEAST get the physical PS4, but I'm leaning towards the $100 tier.

Reeeeaaally want this game to get to $7 million on KS. Once we're there, we have all the features that I personally want in the game.

Unfortunately, as mentioned before, I have my wedding coming up and can't donate more than $100.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

OhhmxtG.png

Yup, most of us upped my pledge, but there's also that slight increase of completely new people jumping in because of that announcement. Hopefully it'll really spike near the end like most KS do. They just need to keep this rolling! KS is finally coming along now (took a few weeks...)

Flandy

God I wanna up my $29 PC Pledge to $60 PS4 pledge. I'd rather play on PC but I want a Physical PS4 copy since I don't care about Physical on PC for some reason :\
Guess I'll just wait it out and see if anything happens that convinces me to up my pledge.

I will AT LEAST get the physical PS4, but I'm leaning towards the $100 tier.

Reeeeaaally want this game to get to $7 million on KS. Once we're there, we have all the features that I personally want in the game.

Unfortunately, as mentioned before, I have my wedding coming up and can't donate more than $100.

Its tracking towards 7 million so that's possible. Depending on the announcements they make in the future, I'd bet itll finish around 7-8 million. Kickstarters usually make most their money on the first 3 and last 3 days.

Theonik

http://i.imgur.com/OhhmxtG.png
That doesn't explain the numbers alone. People coming in are generally pledging higher as well. Lots of people were holding out for PS4 physical. Expect a huge surge at the end.

master15

Its tracking towards 7 million so that's possible. Depending on the announcements they make in the future, I'd bet itll finish around 7-8 million. Kickstarters usually make most their money on the first 3 and last 3 days.

I tend to think this Kickstarter is probably more front loaded then most campaigns. With that said I would be ecstatic if we could get to 7 million before the end.

lumi7890

Yup, most of us upped my pledge, but there's also that slight increase of completely new people jumping in because of that announcement. Hopefully it'll really spike near the end like most KS do. They just need to keep this rolling! KS is finally coming along now (took a few weeks...)

I personally believed will see another jump come monday,with the holiday and weekend over with. All the major gaming news outlets will be back on deck, and will report the news of the physical ps4 edition and the twitter thing and various other things. we will hopefully get a slew of new backers.

Theonik

I tend to think this Kickstarter is probably more front loaded then most campaigns. With that said I would be ecstatic if we could get to 7 million before the end.
End pledge rush has less to do with how frontloaded the campaign is. Rather, the more frontloaded it is, the more likely it is to get a higher pledge. It's basically the people sitting on the edge going 'Fuck it I'm in' and other factors, so you grab most of your end pledges through the run of the campaign.

Elios83

OhhmxtG.png

Yep lots of people upping their pledge from 30 to 60 because of the physical PS4 version, myself included.
They have been smart with this.
But if they want to attract new people they need to show why the game will be cool with some kind of footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom