• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

let's get physical.
Already been done
15402983830_88174dba27.jpg

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I don't wanna rain on your parade, bur shouldn't a wedding gift be something that both people can enjoy?

No problem mate you're not, it's a fair question but why would you think she wouldn't enjoy going on a trip around the world if I may ask?

Sounds cool to me, the fact that you sending them to locations from the game is probably the best idea.

Definitely, the jacket and CE tier etc. is just the cherry on top 'cause he's been busting our balls since the campaign started and the original jacket tier was taken (by our fellow gaffer at first, lol) in a matter of minutes.
We're not dropping 8k blind, I'd never do that 'cause there so much shit you could do with that kind of money, he's aware of our gift of course. His wife thinks we're just getting him the original jacket and she's so cool that she just told us to go with it and that she didn't care that it was just a gift for him and not for the both of them, but instead we're going for the replica and then sending both on a magical trip around the world... I'm sure she'll be super surprised and ecstatic about it.

One clarification with the dinner reward they are allowed to bring 1 guest so he wouldn't necessarily have to go solo but not sure if he's a big Suzuki fan outside Shenmue.

He's a Yuzuki nutjob as much as I am but I don't think a dinner with Yu can compare with such a grand voyage, I mean even I would choose to go on a cool trip instead. I don't mean to disrespect anyone who's going or to the legend himself, but I personally think nobody's worth 10k to sit with at a dinner table (not even 1 on 1), no matter what coolish swag you get on the side.

Redtale

Neo Member
That doesn't explain the numbers alone. People coming in are generally pledging higher as well. Lots of people were holding out for PS4 physical. Expect a huge surge at the end.

There is $226k coming from just the new limited tiers right now.
(7 * $10k) + (15 * $4k) + (64 * $1.5k)

That leaves just over $71k coming from people who either upped their pledge or pledged for the first time.

Backflip

I've been a backer since day one and as I said on my Twitter, I'd have backed Shenmue III even if it was only planned for release on the freakin' CD-i. That being said I'm glad they added the PS4 physical version as it's the version I'll play. Now I'll probably create a second account to also get the physical PC version.

Erevador

No problem mate you're not, it's a fair question but why would you think she wouldn't enjoy going on a trip around the world if I may ask?

Definitely, the jacket and CE tier etc. is just the cherry on top 'cause he's been busting our balls since the campaign started and the original jacket tier was taken (by our fellow gaffer at first, lol) in a matter of minutes.
We're not dropping 8k blind, I'd never do that 'cause there so much shit you could do with that kind of money, he's aware of our gift of course. His wife thinks we're just getting him the original jacket and she's so cool that she just told us to go with it and that she didn't care that it was just a gift for him and not for the both of them, but instead we're going for the replica and then sending both on a magical trip around the world... I'm sure she'll be super surprised and ecstatic about it.

He's a Yuzuki nutjob as much as I am but I don't think a dinner with Yu can compare with such a grand voyage, I mean even I would choose to go on a cool trip instead. I don't mean to disrespect anyone who's going or to the legend himself, but I personally think nobody's worth 10k to sit with at a dinner table (not even 1 on 1), no matter what coolish swag you get on the side.
Really cool. This guy has amazing friends.

Theonik

There $226k coming from just the new limited tiers right now.

That leaves just over $71k coming from people who either upped their pledge or pledged for the first time.
71k is a very significant surge. And remember, not everyone is in the loop. Many people won't be checking back until the end. Preliminary response is very positive.

Redtale

Neo Member
71k is a very significant surge. And remember, not everyone is in the loop. Many people won't be checking back until the end. Preliminary response is very positive.

Yeah it's great! There's still 2 more hours in this kickstarter day and the number will continue to grow. Just waiting for kicktraq to update to see what has changed in the last hour.

JP

I know it's not that likely to happen but I'd absolutely love for Yu Suzuki to get his +$10 million for this so that he's able to do what he wants to do with it.

I'm not even a fan of the first two games but I've pledged because after all this time it was so good to people finally getting their wishes about something that is pretty special to some people. I upped my bid from the $29 PS4 download to the $60 PS4 disc and I am quite looking forward to playing it, I think I'll keep the disk version and download it when it's finally released.

I do hope that people get what they want out of this.

There is $226k coming from just the new limited tiers right now.

Nobody has backed at the $4k tier yet. So that's $60k you've misplaced. Also 1 of the $5k tiers and 2 of the $2k tiers have opened up, probably people moving around to a high tier they find more desirable.

Bowl0l

I upped my bid from the $29 PS4 download to the $60 PS4 disc and I am quite looking forward to playing it, I think I'll keep the disk version and download it when it's finally released.
Are you sure that the KS reward includes a PS4 disk?

I was thinking that too get the physical copy and when it comes out get the digital on ps4 or pc. I'm sure like everyone else wants to play it Day 0.

Redtale

Neo Member
Nobody has backed at the $4k tier yet. So that's $60k you've misplaced. Also 1 of the $5k tiers and 2 of the $2k tiers have opened up, probably people moving around to a high tier they find more desirable.

I can't believe I missed that! Thanks for pointing it out.

So then it's $166k coming from the limited tiers. (7 * 10k) + (64 * 1.5k)
And just over $140k coming from people who either upped their pledge or pledged for the first time.

Am I the only who thinks putting random faces on the lucky-hit boards is a bit....tacky? The posters are fine, but the lucky-hit boards?
I find the idea of a remote Chinese village having posters and mini games plastered with (presumably) western faces very odd. But if that's what it takes to get this awesome game made, so be it.

IrishNinja

Am I the only who thinks putting random faces on the lucky-hit boards is a bit....tacky? The posters are fine, but the lucky-hit boards?

i mean, it kinda is, but....if we're not seeing as much in-game advertising, i guess this works?
plus, i suck at lucky hit & rarely play it, haha

Adding the PS4 physical copy has given this some new legs. The money is cranking along now. Looks like the infiltration mission will be achieved today.

batfax

I wouldn't want my face in the game but for if I had 4k to drop I'd change my mind. Lucky hit is awesome.

This might be more interesting if you could submit your own design or have the image based on anything. I know I for one (if I had that kind of cash) would rather put one of my pets, like my turtle on there.

This might be more interesting if you could submit your own design or have the image based on anything. I know I for one (if I had that kind of cash) would rather put one of my pets, like my turtle on there.

Product placement is also not unheard of in Shenmue. I'm surprised they haven't thought of a tier where you can have your pet project put in. Or maybe that's bigger money and they'll be doing that later.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, they already have the Infiltration mission as "Reached!".

klee123

Finally!

I wasn't going to back this since there's no incentive for digital copies and quite frankly I don't find value in paying full price for a physical PC version, but the Physical PS4 version changes everything for me.

orient

Neo Member
The campaign updates have really been kicking ass the past few days. Love the video interviews, and now physical PS4 and more tiers. Not such a poorly ran campaign after all. They've updated the front page with new info, too - just need a better pitch video.

Was strange to see them apologise for the Twitch stream like a week later. As far as I could tell it was just that one guy being weird, like he was on something.

benzy

I find the idea of a remote Chinese village having posters and mini games plastered with (presumably) western faces very odd. But if that's what it takes to get this awesome game made, so be it.

They should consider an option to turn off KS rewards in-game.

The supporter face posters will be in Choubu, which Yu said is like Dobuita. There was a break dancing New Yorker with a Jamaican accent selling hot dogs in Dobuita in Shenmue 1... so this wouldn't be out the ordinary in Shenmue, lol.

Shenmue-Tom.jpg

Lynd7

So I backed the PS4 tier. Do I have to add anything for shipping manually? It doesn't say anything about adding on for worldwide shipping.

I will AT LEAST get the physical PS4, but I'm leaning towards the $100 tier.

Reeeeaaally want this game to get to $7 million on KS. Once we're there, we have all the features that I personally want in the game.

Unfortunately, as mentioned before, I have my wedding coming up and can't donate more than $100.

$7 million is the highest realistic high point that I would be satisfied with too, seeing all the battle stuff fall under the $7 million and under is nice.

Seems like they are doing a big reveal every week to give it a shot in the arm.

I wonder what they have for next week. PayPal seems a little pointless now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom