• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 Kickstarter (PC/PS4) Thread 2: New KS Record at $6.3m

celsowmbr

Banned
Paypal will be available starting Septembre 17th ! No details yet, everything will be posted soon enough.

EN / 英語 :
Hey guys !
Today, I had the opportunity to spend most of my time with Yu Suzuki.
We've talked about many things from everyday's life to food and of course, Shenmue III !
The interview's content won't be available right away and since I am going to make you wait, here's an information you've all been waiting for !
Paypal will be available starting Septembre 17th ! No details yet, everything will be posted soon enough.
I also ask all Shenmue fans to keep providing their support as some beautiful things are on the way, trust me !
Beside the fact that I've met Yu Suzuki, I also had the chance to meet the team in charge of Shenmue III where It's actually being developed.
They're working hard everyday to provide the best experience possible and from what I saw, It's going to be good.
The next step is Tokyo Game Show now (September 17th & 18th) where I might be able to meet Yu Suzuki again but nothing has been decided yet.
Until then, I am going back to work and will try provide another great interview !

Maybe it would be better to wait until the paypal opens since all we know at this point is that it will be available on the 17th. I dunno?

Playstation Experience would be more appropriate for the HD announcement. Shenmue 3 was announced on a Sony stage, and last years event had FFVII (as disappointing as it was). Plus, it seems like Japan doesn't like Shenmue as much as the West.

Bl@de

Let's wait until the 17th

My bet (and probably the everyone's bet) is that the paypal It will be at the same day of Shenmue HD announcement on TGS :)

Now I'm hyped for something that doesn't even exist. Thanks man. I really hope that Shenmue HD is announced during TGS.

aizen59

Neo Member
I can confirm the posted information about Paypal as It's coming from my interview (today).

DSC_0563.jpg

More to come ;)

I'm just gonna put it out there, out in the blue here:

I really, really, really, really want to do a shenmue 3 theme for PS4.

Maybe something will happen. Maybe nothing will come of this. But on the random, off-chance that SOMEONE with any influence, or that knows somebody, might see this...

Pls :)

I'm just gonna put it out there, out in the blue here:

I really, really, really, really want to do a shenmue 3 theme for PS4.

Maybe something will happen. Maybe nothing will come of this. But on the random, off-chance that SOMEONE with any influence, or that knows somebody, might see this...

Try sending a tweet out to Shenmue 3 Co-producer Cedric Biscay. He is very receptive to the fans.

https://twitter.com/cedricbiscay

Oh yeah, indeed that's awesome.

Btw, my Shenmue Vinyl has been shipped, too :) Cannot wait for its arrival.
Jesus, SEGA having Shenmue merch on sale at their booth could mean something. It is finally a commitment.

openrob

Yeah was gonna suggest maybe a thread for it - but if not here are the details I have scoured from various sources:

Firstly Aizen59 who is the one in the picture a few posts above me and interviewed Yu a few days ago is working on the book as a translator (Japanese - French).

Written by Benjamin Berget this book presents Yū as Suzuki, through his childhood and adolescence, his philosophy of the game, his visions, his titles cults and unfinished projects. The book is published by Geek-Line - who have released many works relating to video games.

The book is only available in French at this time - but an English translation is being worked on by Geek Line

Physical properties:
Format: 148x210 mm
No. of pages: 528 pages
Cover: cardboard with flaps, selective varnish 300gr / m2
Interior: black and white, 32 color pages, paper 135gr / m2
Published: September 25 2015

Available to preorder here:
http://www.geeks-line.com/histoire-...sega-de-l-arcade-a-shenmue-9791093752068.html

For more info see here: http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49065&start=0

Pantz

Who here has donated on ks but will continue donating through the PayPal option also?

Me!

I went bankrupt for the $185 kickstarter bundle. Now I got a steady paycheck coming in with nothing really interesting to spend it on.

New Kickstarter update just sent out. PayPal.

Hello Everyone,
Thanks to your support, Shenmue III became the most funded video game on Kickstarter with 69,320 people helping to bring back the Shenmue series back to life. However, there are so many people told us they could not pledge on Kickstarter, or could not make the deadline, and have asked for a PayPal page for another opportunity to contribute to Shenmue III. So here we go!

The Slacker Backer period will continue through December 31st. While the full game will be completed as promised with the use of the funding collected on Kickstarter, any additional funding collected here will go towards reaching the Stretch Goals to make the game even bigger and deeper.The three month window was set to allow a long enough time to for everyone who wants to support Shenmue III to do so, but short enough to keep the release date on track.

The PayPal page will feature a selection of rewards from the Kickstarter campaign including the Trial Version and the Collector’s Edition. If you missed out on the Kickstarter, you still have a chance to be part of the Shenmue legacy!

Surveys, add-ons and upgrades
Surveys are not quite ready yet, but they will be going out during this Slacker Backer campaign. Once the survey system is up and running, add-ons and upgrades will be available for existing Kickstarter backers. We will of course keep you posted here on the Updates page with all the developments.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Awesome news. I am glad they are doing Paypal and totally fine with them not leaving it open indefinitely.

Open those pocketbooks back open boys and girls, let's show em some more Shenmue love! I know I will be increasing my pledge amount again if I will be rewarded by doing so. If not, I am still going to pledge more anyway. Come on, it's SHenmue III!!!!

Pantz

I don't suppose this site allows you to increase your pledge from the one on Kickstarter does it? It looks like a fresh buy in...

benzy

I don't suppose this site allows you to increase your pledge from the one on Kickstarter does it? It looks like a fresh buy in...

You can when they get surveys working.

Surveys, add-ons and upgrades
Surveys are not quite ready yet, but they will be going out during this Slacker Backer campaign. Once the survey system is up and running, add-ons and upgrades will be available for existing Kickstarter backers. We will of course keep you posted here on the Updates page with all the developments.

Top Bottom