• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue I & II Suddenly Skyrocketed in Price

G0523

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=Shenmue&rh=n%3A468642%2Ck%3AShenmue

Note: Prices reflect used games on Amazon.

Most likely because of the announcement of Shenmue III, it looks like the first two games have skyrocketed in price! Shenmue I (Dreamcast) used to be around $40. Now it's at over $100 and is the best selling Dreamcast game right now!

And Shenmue II (Xbox) is hovering around $60-80 now and is the best selling Original Xbox game! Its former regular price was around $10-20.

This is insane! I hope many of you still have your copies of the first two Shenmue games close by. And if you don't, well, hopefully these prices will drop again before the third game comes out.

Hopefully Sega either does an hd port or even just a lazy emulator port to steam/ps4/xb1. Could make some easy money off of the shenmue 3 hype from people who want these games on more modern systems or never got a chance to play them back in the day.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You know anyone can put any price they want right

jeYTUIs.jpg

Wow @ Shenmue II. I bought a used (Xbox) copy for about $2.99 from EBGames around 2008. They always had a bargain bin overflowing with them.

Tagyhag

I honestly didn't know Shenmue 2 was on the DC, only thought it was on Xbox.

And yeah, while it'd be cool if they retouched both games and put them out, considering they're going to have cinematic recaps of the first 2 games on 3, I doubt they will.

I wanted another copy of Shenmue II since my 4th disc has no music. Nuts to that.

I'm lucky to still have a copy of the Xbox version.

I'll still spend the $100 to get it on Dreamcast I don't give a fuck about money when it comes to Shenmue

I honestly didn't know Shenmue 2 was on the DC, only thought it was on Xbox.

And yeah, while it'd be cool if they retouched both games and put them out, considering they're going to have cinematic recaps of the first 2 games on 3, I doubt they will.

It didn't come out in America on DC

Ferr986

This just show how utterly dumb are at Sega.

It was their time to get a lot of money easily (especially if the rumours about the ports being almost done are true).

It's also pretty easy to burn copies for the Dreamcast if you just want to play it again. Some asshole stole my copy in college, so I burned another one five or six years ago. Just put it in last night to play through it again.

topplehat

Yeah I was kind of surprised that an HD version of 1 and 2 weren't announced, but I think one of the stretch goals is a movie covering the story of the games

Deku Tree

Sony is going to need to release a Shenmue PS4 collection to maximize the sales potential of Three.

Sega needs to allow it to happen.

Mononoke

Banned
I stumbled on a brand new Dreamcast like 5 years ago. I still have it, only opened it once. Have both Shenmue too in pristine. I really should bust that out and play them.

Still have shenmue2 I picked up at a garage sale. Never played it before, I just finished watching the shenmue 1 DVD last night. I'll probably load it up this weekend

Yuterald

Tell me about it...owned both these games years ago, but I'm now in the market to repurchase the and eBay is killing me...=(

Persona7

Banned
I wonder how long it would take SEGA to port the HD remakes they already have to PS4/PC if they started the project today.

Top Bottom