• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue I & II Suddenly Skyrocketed in Price

Jomjom

Banned
DAMN IT!!! I just looked at my Shenmue 1 DC discs and one of them has like 2 really small scratches on it! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Erevador

So glad I grabbed a Dreamcast and Shenmue about a year back for maybe 65 bucks total.

Got it at the right time.

Picture I took the night I picked them up and headed into Yokosuka:
tumblr_n7t5jfOpPz1qflgwpo1_500.jpg

Tenzan

Banned
I'm reminded of my imported DC copy of Shenmue 2 that my little cousin broke when we was younger. Sure he was 6 at the time but I still punch his arm and slap the back of his head to this day because of it.

I'll need to get myself another Dreamcast if there still isn't a re-release of both games in a year or so. I tried using NullDC, but kept getting crashes and weird graphical glitches.

I managed to grab a Dreamcast lot with a bunch of games and Shenmue for $100 off craigslist, so the deals are still out there if you look. I wouldn't wait much longer though.

Also, HOLY FUCK ARE SHENMUE'S GRAPHICS AMAZING

Screenshots from the web don't do it justice, looks stunning on my CRT. It supports VGA too, right?

kunonabi

I managed to grab a Dreamcast lot with a bunch of games and Shenmue for $100 off craigslist, so the deals are still out there if you look. I wouldn't wait much longer though.

Also, HOLY FUCK ARE SHENMUE'S GRAPHICS AMAZING

Screenshots from the web don't do it justice, looks stunning on my CRT. It supports VGA too, right?

Yep, I play the game on a crt computer monitor and it is absolutely gorgeous.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
ha! I bought Shenmue II for xbox late last year on amazon in like new condition for dirt cheap not selling it tho

My biggest gaming regret was never owning a Dreamcast and the first Shenmue I played it back in the day and it was amazing but my trust in SEGA was gone

The prices in Europe are insane right now. I'm talking about more than a hundred euros for one of the games in decent condition.

I have Shenmue 1 japanese edition but I need to buy the PAL versions. Sold them when I was like 15, stupid mistake.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
IIRC Shenmue 1 was XBLA was on Partnernet at one point...

Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't Shenmue on Partnernet for XBLA years ago? I remember seeing a screen grab ages ago, but maybe it was just a Photoshop.

No I think this was a real thing not sure if it was bootable.

IIRC Shenmue 1 was XBLA was on Partnernet at one point...

This was brought up in the Kickstarter thread, and apparantly Sega have the HD remasters ready to go but something about the Shenmue engine using licensed tech from a company that has now gone bust and they didn't feel the effort of tracking down who owns it now was worth it after their first round of HD remasters didn't perform well.

This was brought up in the Kickstarter thread, and apparantly Sega have the HD remasters ready to go but something about the Shenmue engine using licensed tech from a company that has now gone bust and they didn't feel the effort of tracking down who owns it now was worth it after their first round of HD remasters didn't perform well.

Jesus, why did I have to read that :(

Trojan X

Banned
Never let go of my copies and my original Japanese Dreamcast back in early 2000. Photos taken on Shenmue III announcement:

_AV_5727-Edit.jpg

GAV_5721-Edit.jpg

Chibits12

Banned
I still have my Shenmue 1 from day one and Shenmue 2 for the Xbox I bought for cheap last year. I still need to beat Shenmue 2.

Top Bottom