• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami talks about Tango and their new game

Anteater

Go Ikumi Nakamura! Looking forward to it, I like her attitude

Hobbies, Interests?
Working! I've got a knack at thinking up games that have no chance of being put on the market.

Maybe she'll be the next Kamiya!

Edit: Oh yeah, I could be wrong but I also seem to recall Ikumi Nakamura saying she really enjoyed new vegas, could be because they're under zenimax but they seem to have a high praise on the open world rpgs.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
moremoremore

wait, Mikami isn't directing? :(

ilikeme

^^Oh, thanks, I just checked the wiki and he is stated as 'director'. That's a vague descriptor I guess.

Is there some good videogame related database where you can check what position people actually worked in and what they did on #projects?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why. Why do you hurt me like this, Mikami.

I remember when Oblivion came out him and Suda51 played it and found it laughable. I remember Suda saying in GamesTM , "I stole a loaf of bread and was killed by guards. This is the future of games".

Tango down

It's a military fps, the game industry is finished!

Bethesda made like a buttload of cash selling a hardcore fantasy RPG like mum used to make (well, as close as anyway). They'll never make a proper military FPS. I know you were joking, but I wanted to post this anyway, because it's a nice thought. :D

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Action game king Mikami playing Skyrim and not immediately sighing in disbelief is somewhat depressing.

Someone explain the nose bleeds.

ibs1j8bFDDxD4E.jpg

iLhIZzlgGcWgM.jpg

i8xdANcCPptKT.jpg

iw6yFafFXHsuh.jpg

Do they watch pretty girls every day of their work?

EDIT: Oh there's more!

Drencrom

Bethesda made like a buttload of cash selling a hardcore fantasy RPG like mum used to make (well, as close as anyway). They'll never make a proper military FPS. I know you were joking, but I wanted to post this anyway, because it's a nice thought. :D

And even if it is a shooter - Mikami proved with Vanquish that he is one of those people who can make a difference.

Oh yes, I would totally be down with a God Hand/Vanquish-esque FPS, never happen but still.

Of course it would be great to see Mikami directing again. Still, out of those games I've played, I enjoyed almost all of them he has been involved with a lot, so I'm looking forward to this. The director and other staff look decent too.

Carbonox

You had me at Mikami.

Him and Kamiya can take a shit and I'd lap it up, cos I'd bet it would have properties of Zeus in it.

Mechazawa

Christina Norman wasn't a lead designer, she was a lead gameplay designer.

Ah, this is who I was thinking of.

I don't know why I thought she was the director. Probably because the class videos from ME2 were the only source of media I got from the game.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Bah, I thought Mikami intended for this to be his final game as director before passing on the reigns to leads in his studio.
Still really looking forward to it, but I hope he'll direct again some day.
No, that would be God hand.
You preferred P.N.03 to God Hand?

-"Mikami, incidentally, had praise for Skyrim, saying that it stimulated him as a creator. It was the first time he'd found a game interesting in some time."
Goes to show how important presentation is in the gaming medium. Skyrim gameplay pales in comparison to New Vegas yet is the game that got praised by the illustrious Mikami.

Hayeya

Banned
Dear Mikami,

Please dont tease us this time about cut-scenes using real actors instead of cg (or game engine) and then release your game without any trace of them as you did with Vanquish,, because you hurt me,, Vanquish was good, but i like some bad actors

And please return to the explicit horror genre,

Regards

madkiller

Are we 100% sure that Mikami isn't directing? I remember him saying that he'll direct the debut title of Tango and then he'll step aside.

Either way day 1.

Himself

Excellent. I've been waiting to hear some news about this. I thought Mikami was going to direct this one as his last? The fact that the director says she has a knack for thinking up games that would never come to market is definitely a good thing, though.

I wonder if the nosebleeds have something to do with the new game?

Top Bottom