• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirobako |OT| I've come to bury moe anime, not to praise it (dir. of Blood-C, GuP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boom, managed to watch this in 6 days. That really was a great ride...

btw while it has not bothered me at all i thought too about the non-realistic charadesign being into an anime that kinda wants to resemble reality.

It wants to resemble the reality of anime production to some degree. However, as character design doesn't really interfere with any of that there's no need to keep it completely grounded. Same goes for the more fantastical sequences like the meeting with the manga's author in ep23. What's important is, is that he actually got the meeting via email conversation and then they just have fun going nuts. Going more abstract can even emphasize the themes.

@ Finale

A fantastic finish for a great show. I'd honestly be completely fine without another season though. Wouldn't complain either though, if they keep up that quality :p

ibyea

Banned
The end! Great finale to a great show that was so consistent in good storytelling from beginning to end. Seriously, not a single dud of an episode. It is way better than it has any right to be.

Guys, this show, I will miss it so much! ;_;

6nnJidu.jpg
Funny story.

mdubs

Banned
Sad this is over, what an awesome show. The cast of characters are just too much, I'll miss seeing all of them. Very nice conclusion so I won't be sad if we don't see a second season, although considering how well it's selling I'd say we might

Loved this show and this last episode wrapped things up beautifully. I'm a huge PA Works fanboy yet I never expected something this good. Last episode got me emotional ;_;

Hope we get another 2 cours.

Totakeke

I was right that last week was a much better week than this week. Still, this show definitely did provide an unexpected amount of awesome and is the best of the shows that has finished in this year so far.

I really liked that bit where Lucy and Aria meet for the first time. Even though that scene was unfinished and just sketches while the VAs read their lines, it had a great aesthetic.

Well, my Anime watching group just got around to the final episode today. Really amazing. I don't think any of us expected Shirobako to be this good from the start, but they really blew away all expectations and it became the show we were excited to watch the second it came out every week.

Really hope there is a second season!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shirobako end
What a great ending. AOTY contender for sure. The fight to make anime goes on.
I don't know if there's a plan for season 2 or a movie, but i hope it will have same or even higher qualitiy.
Thank you for all the staff involved in Shirobako for making this wonderful anime.

JulianImp

This is the show that took me by surprise this season. The last two episodes were both awesome, even if the 23rd felt like the better one because that was when most of the bigger issues were resolved.

Still liking KimiUso more, but I can't deny this was an interesting take on the whole "group of people working on a project" thing. Skipping the whole high school setting and making them graduates went a long way towards not making it play out the same as most other similar shows.

The only things that felt kind of weird to me were Miyamori's imagine spots and the moe animator. I mean, she was cute and funny at times, but it still felt like one of the most one-dimensional and cartoonish characterizations in the show by a long stretch.

FluxWaveZ

For the surprising amount of screen time devoted to Kunogi, I was rather surprised/disappointed they didn't have a Rinko or Hiraoka-like backstory for her, to at least explain why she was such an outlier compared to everyone else.

Miyamori's daydreams were also weird, but it's at least more visually meaningful than just having those scenes represented through internal monologues. Makes her seem a bit crazy sometimes, but that's cool too.

I just thought of one character that didn't get a happy ending: Miyamori's sister.

duckroll

Episode 24 (End)

Good but predictable ending. I don't think there's much to really say which hasn't already been said, but it was satisfying and clean, but most of the character conclusions felt earned and a natural progression of their actions. I enjoyed the exaggerated elements of the last couple of episodes on the show for entertainment value, but the peak was definitely the director meeting the author. The finale here feels more like an extended epilogue showing how everything went according to plan and the aftermath.

One thing I couldn't get out of my mind while watching them race to deliver the tapes all over Japan, was how Attack on Titan actually failed on the exact same thing for some episodes, which resulted in some territories in Japan broadcasting an incomplete version of the episodes. Life is stranger than fiction sometimes! :)

Hope Mizushima gives us another great season for this... AFTER he delivers the Girls und Panzer movie. :p :p

ibyea

Banned
Episode 24 (End)

Good but predictable ending. I don't think there's much to really say which hasn't already been said, but it was satisfying and clean, but most of the character conclusions felt earned and a natural progression of their actions. I enjoyed the exaggerated elements of the last couple of episodes on the show for entertainment value, but the peak was definitely the director meeting the author. The finale here feels more like an extended epilogue showing how everything went according to plan and the aftermath.

One thing I couldn't get out of my mind while watching them race to deliver the tapes all over Japan, was how Attack on Titan actually failed on the exact same thing for some episodes, which resulted in some territories in Japan broadcasting an incomplete version of the episodes. Life is stranger than fiction sometimes! :)

Hope Mizushima gives us another great season for this... AFTER he delivers the Girls und Panzer movie. :p :p

:O Wow, so they really do deliver all the tapes physically!

TokiDoki

My first time watching this kind of anime , its really awesome ! I really love the artstyle on the character faces and the production of it . The scene where Miyamori tearing up for Shizuka really ;_;

Anyway , Don Don Donut Don Don Iko !

Not

Banned
This is a really good series. Glad I managed to catch it near the end and watch it all at once. It wouldn't have been as satisfying week to week.

zeopower6

This show is amazing. Last two episodes made me cry. ;(

Very interested to see where they go from here. A new season? Movies?

Sorry for the late bump, but man, I've been binging Shirobako, and episode 23 almost brought me to tears at the end. So damn good!

ZgglHkr.gif

Sad this will be over at 24...any news on more possibly coming?

Saw this thread got bumped, expected S2 or Movie news ):

The Exodus OVA was ok. I expect more out of the Aerial Girls one. Dunno why.

Like I said, sorry for the bump, but I never watch a show with the current season. I much prefer the binge watch or a relaxed watch on my schedule and I had to comment on how amazing 23 was. xD

Anyway, yeah, Exodus I didn't care for as much, but I'm super hyped to hear an Aerial Girls OAV is coming :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom