• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

BewareTheBatsie 568
slightconfuse 501
Fox318 459

latest
TSD4.gif

TSD5.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Carmella was pretty good on Talking Smack IMO. Now Bryan is talking about booking her and Nikki in a No DQ match.

I'm not jumping on #teamcarmella just yet, but 1. she was pretty good on Talking Smack (this is a trend that has continued unabetted) and 2. she has been drastically better, both as a heel and since she stopped saying "MY NAME IS CAR-MEL-AHHHH) during her entrance.

Verendus

Banned
Lololol.

Somehow I doubt you did.
Really?

This is the definition of a one match show in my eyes:

AJ Styles vs. Dean Ambrose
The Usos vs. The Hype Bros
The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler
Bray Wyatt vs. Kane
Heath Slater and Rhyno vs. The Usos
Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Carmella vs. Naomi vs. Natalya vs. Nikki Bella

There's nothing interesting there aside from the main event. Rest of the card is filled with a bunch of jobbers who should just be released. Clash has a solid card in comparison:

Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins
Rusev vs. Roman Reigns
Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho
The New Day vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
Cesaro vs. Sheamus
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley
T.J. Perkins vs. Brian Kendrick

It has triple the matches I'm interested in, specifically the top three. And The New Day are usually entertaining so that could be a bonus fourth.

In other words, you better know your role and shut your goddamn mouth!

Everyone here could probably take Punk out.

It was honestly a rare MMA performance

No joke, even if you threw 2 punches, or even just a punch and a kick, you would have actually attempted more offense than Punk got to. And if one of them connected, you would have done better offensively!

It isn't even sarcasm to say that if we were in a professional MMA fight, we could not do worse

Really?

Bray Wyatt vs. Kane

There's nothing interesting there aside from the main event. Rest of the card is filled with a bunch of jobbers who should just be released. Clash has a solid card in comparison:

Rusev vs. Roman Reigns
Cesaro vs. Sheamus

It has triple the matches I'm interested in, specifically the top three. And The New Day are usually entertaining so that could be a bonus fourth.

Shut the hell up junior.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Dean is fucking fire on TS right now. Holy shit. Why can't he be this good on the actual wrestling program???

Really?

Bray Wyatt vs. Kane

Rusev vs. Roman Reigns
Cesaro vs. Sheamus

And yet, SD produced a good PPV. I don't trust the Raw booking with that stellar card

Ithil

Dean looked like he wanted to keep going for another few minutes. He was really only just getting started.

Really?

This is the definition of a one match show:

Bray Wyatt vs. Kane

There's nothing interesting there aside from the main event. Clash has a solid card in comparison:

Rusev vs. Roman Reigns
Cesaro vs. Sheamus

It has triple the matches I'm interested in.

Backlash was one of the best non major PPVS in years imho, so I hope so. But raw has not been keeping pace and hoping that they top Backlash is optimistic to say the least.

But I do hope you are right.

somedevil

Dean looked like he wanted to keep going for another few minutes. He was really only just getting started.

Cause probably he got to speak without someone handing him a script and saying Dean we want you to wear this big hat and I want you to act like a "lunatic."

BECAUSE HE'S FUCKING SCRIPTED! WHEN WILL YOU ALL GET THIS!

Shooter runner up of the month. DEAN SHITTED ON EVERYONE!

HE GOT GOONS!
And this is why Talking Smack has been a revelation. Give everyone Unscripted promo time. Build the feuds off it when they knock it out of the park. It's really helped elevate the feuds and the talent and it's an engaging 25 minutes of genuinely unpredictable TV.

But yeah, shame Dean can't seem to do the wrestling equivalent of cutting a promo like this. He needs to go he'll for leather in the ring and not just be all 'gotta get my shit in'.

Batsie is the Brian Christopher of Too Cool tbh

That's either negligibly better than being the Grand Master Sexay, or negligibly worse. Being any part of Too Cool is the taco bell shits.

And before any jackanape mentions Rikishi, HE WASN'T IN TOO COOL. CHECK YO HISTORY BOOKS.

Cagey

Banned
Did Ranallo just reference A$AP Ferg and Future to talk up the Usos.

Man. Whoever called it Swagdown Lit...spot on.

I don't want to make mom jealous again.
Woah brutha, you might need some therapy for that.

But yeah TS, has been the best show on the network after what it has done to build up stars and show you a real side of them and Not what they want you to see.

It's pathetic that they can't just let these guys be themselves and Stop micro managing every damn thing!

If you need a script, get a script but if you know the character doesn't need that crap, just let Them do their thing.

RBH

Cesaro talks about his theme song and entrance:

"I do not like my current entrance music," he said of his heavy metal-style theme, having broken into laughter again when ESPN asked if he would like to return to using the Swiss rap song he debuted in WWE with. "I've kind of wished I could have a new one since I got this one."

"I asked for a little James Bond-esque entrance because I'm a big fan and that's always been an inspiration to me. That's what made the transition to the Swiss Superman. It just went from there. Little piece at a time, little piece at a time. Hopefully the music will be a piece sometime soon."

Cesaro let out a hearty laugh when asked how he would play James Bond, were he cast as the fictional superspy in the next installment of the 007 film franchise. "Maybe a mix between Daniel Craig and Roger Moore," he said. "I would like to bring a suave, charming, fun side to the role, with of course a serious side."
http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/...feels-sooner-later-denied-top-level-performer

ReiGun

And this is why Talking Smack has been a revelation. Give everyone Unscripted promo time. Build the feuds off it when they knock it out of the park. It's really helped elevate the feuds and the talent and it's an engaging 25 minutes of genuinely unpredictable TV.

But yeah, shame Dean can't seem to do the wrestling equivalent of cutting a promo like this. He needs to go he'll for leather in the ring and not just be all 'gotta get my shit in'.

Hopefully they start looking at Talking Smack and realizing that they can trust more of their talent to go out there without a full script. Even Carmella, who has seemed completely lost beforehand, came across much better when she was allowed time to just improv and work her character in an interview.

Verendus

Banned
Maybe WWE just hates Cesaro.

It's not like they can't make great themes. It's just that they made him a terrible one. Maybe Cesaro should consider what it is that he's really accomplishing here.

Edit:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192724442&postcount=895

I may or may not bother on actually cashing in on this.
It's okay, friend. I'm going like three months between posts anyway. I won't even feel the time pass. Just give me something funny if you do cash in.

Top Bottom