• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Woah brutha, you might need some therapy for that.

But yeah TS, has been the best show on the network after what it has done to build up stars and show you a real side of them and Not what they want you to see.

It's pathetic that they can't just let these guys be themselves and Stop micro managing every damn thing!

If you need a script, get a script but if you know the character doesn't need that crap, just let Them do their thing.

It's not even that it's letting them be themselves. They're working their characters, but they're showing that they understand those characters brilliantly. Obviously no one wants Raw Talk or whatever the fuck unless they shorten the show by an hour but more unscripted promos on Raw would certainly help.

imBask

Banned
I remember when Raw was the most anticipated show to watch. Now it's an afterthought/laughingstock. When did it go south?

Do you realize that most people under 25 have only known RAW to be trash, and Smackdown was the good show that became bad for a while and is now good again?

I grew up watching Smackdown mostly you know

I remember when Raw was the most anticipated show to watch. Now it's an afterthought/laughingstock. When did it go south?

Definitely before the DX reunion. I think PG really hurt RAW. Then the third hour cemented the problems.

I love KO, I really do.

But I will not be watching Raw next week. That's how painful this week was.

Do you realize that most people under 25 have only known RAW to be trash, and Smackdown was the good show that became bad for a while and is now good again?

This speaks to me.

I watched more wrasslin' during Triple H's reign of terror on '03 than at any other period of time. Except for now, when I'm somehow putting in 15+ hours of watching every fucking week.

I am so happy the brand split happened again. My wife loved Smackdown back in the first brand split days. She always hated RAW.

She's heavily back into wrestling again now. This is no coincidence.

you don't let a guy that talented and that over go.

You absolutely let him go.

To Smackdown.

Cesaro's best hopes at a world title run are to leave, shit all over the company for a year while getting himself over big, and then come back to a lucrative deal.

Definitely before the DX reunion. I think PG really hurt RAW. Then the third hour cemented the problems.

I love KO, I really do.

But I will not be watching Raw next week. That's how painful this week was.

Spoiler Alert - Whenever was your favorite era of RAW, there were nerds on the Internet complaining about.

In ten years, there will be talking about how awesome this era of RAW was. Do you know why I know this? Because people talk about the Ruthless Aggression Era of RAW like it was some lost golden era.

Wrestling is usually terrible.

you don't let a guy that talented and that over go.

The best they have for him is losing at least 3 times to Sheamus for the privilege of either losing a fourth time to Sheamus or moving on to losing to the champ and dropping back down or completely off the card

At some point it'd clearly be better for both sides to just move on. It's been a downward spiral ever since the ARMBAR win and the best chance of getting out of that ended when Kidd died

One is a recurring character on Total Divas and is married to Naomi.
giphy.gif

No, I have not. I think that's the issue; I am over 25 and have gotten used to 2 hrs. When SD first came on, I was into it, but the way it was formatted, it was like everything worth watching happened on Raw.

Who has that worked for? Honest question, because it just brings to mind Alberto right now.
It's legitimately part of the psyche of Vince McMahon to invite people who do that back with open arms. It means he "won" in the end. Look at how Bobby Heenan got dicked over because he refused to talk trash about Vince on Nitro.

imBask

Banned
No, I have not. I think that's the issue; I am over 25 and have gotten used to 2 hrs. When SD first came on, I was into it, but the way it was formatted, it was like everything worth watching happened on Raw.

it wasn't meant in an agressive way btw, might've come off that way

but like i'm 26 and I have wayyyy more memories of watching Smackdown, for a good while it was THE show. pre-2002 I know I watched wrestling but I don't remember it as vividly as I do post brand-split

It's legitimately part of the psyche of Vince McMahon to invite people who do that back with open arms. It means he "won" in the end. Look at how Bobby Heenan got dicked over because he refused to talk trash about Vince on Nitro.

Damn. Makes sense.

it wasn't meant in an agressive way btw, might've come off that way

but like i'm 26 and I have wayyyy more memories of watching Smackdown, for a good while it was THE show. pre-2002 I watch wrestling but I don't remember it as vividly as I do post brand-split

It's all good.

Verendus

Banned
Spoiler Alert - Whenever was your favorite era of RAW, there were nerds on the Internet complaining about.

In ten years, there will be talking about how awesome this era of RAW was. Do you know why I know this? Because people talk about the Ruthless Aggression Era of RAW like it was some lost golden era.

It's still better now than it has been for several years by virtue of ROMAN REIGNS.

ReiGun

I didn't have cable as a kid, so I didn't get really into wrestling until Smackdown debuted in '99. It was my go to show for years, even after we got cable.

Finding out it was considered the 'B' show was a shock to me, since it always felt important back then. But I suppose I didn't have Raw to compare it to.

Jesus, I'm not sure I have a favorite era of RAW. It was too hard to watch back when I lived in the UK so I mostly watched Smackdown, Heat and PPVs from 98 through 2001 ish before it fell off in quality and I lost interest, and it's been reliably bad for the periods over the last twelve years when I've been watching. Smackdown was great to good through the end of the brand split, imho, and is great again right now long may it last.

Even some of the attitude era RAWs I've tried to watch were if nothing else really dated and cheesy now, if not bad.

Watching Smackdown on a Saturday morning was my shit ten years ago as a little kid. Edge, Taker, Rey, those were my guys.

But who actually leveraged it into a title any time recently?

It's not even that it's letting them be themselves. They're working their characters, but they're showing that they understand those characters brilliantly. Obviously no one wants Raw Talk or whatever the fuck unless they shorten the show by an hour but more unscripted promos on Raw would certainly help.
I don't even think people would give into a show like that for Raw, I think most people would like Raw to take a break for a month and come back fresh. Raw needs Jesus.

Plagiarize trying to get over, but getting Carmella heat. Except for Blue who is getting worked. 😔😔😔

Is there a difference?
What? Shut up kid.

Being 24, I was lucky to get my first memories that I rememver vividly from 96. I don't remember a lot from 95 other than when we'd rent tapes. But for me, Raw always didn't suck.

Fox318

Would Tony Schivone last as commentator for WWE if hired after WCW folded?

Frankly nobody except for a yes man like Cole was gonna survive.

JR only had the job because he had the respect of the fans and some guys insisted he be around.

Remember Vince wanted a non southern voice and somebody who was going to be his bitch as the main commentator.

Vince would've had Cole make a mockery of him tbh.

it would be Mauro and Tony on SD

Frankly nobody except for a yes man like Cole was gonna survive.

JR only had the job because he had the respect of the fans and some guys insisted he be around.

Remember Vince wanted a non southern voice and somebody who was going to be his bitch as the main commentator.

As he could get carried away sometimes, I legit thought that Tony could've become a good addition to the commentary team. Look at Joey Styles - he did commentary after ECW folded and now works within WWE.

Top Bottom