• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shooting at GOP baseball practice, multiple injured incl/ Maj. Whip Scalise

Imm0rt4l

If this was a thread about an assassination attempt on a politician from a non western country, and somebody said "they brought this on themselves", would that be bannable? Would people even bother doing a double take?

If this was a thread about Egypt, Brazil, Venezuela, Iran, etc. Would yall be so quick to denounce citizens who don't care for politicians fucking them over?

BajiBoxer

Banned
Can you please stop referring to minorities/the poor who simply want the Centrist Democrats to listen to them for once as "Far left". It's incredibly insulting.
You sure he's referring to minorities? Usually in these threads they're talking about the Jill Stein/Bernie or Bust crowd, who are far more white and "colorblind". I personally don't consider them real leftists though. And consider them pretty soft headed myself.

Politicizing this is the worst thing Trump could do in terms of attacking democrats.

I doubt he's going to do such a thing, even if he is an idiot. He was most likely yanked and told by everyone to not say anything of the such.

pxleyes

Banned
Greeeeat

qqXhght.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Quite restrained from Trump there

Kaban

I told you guys he wouldn't pin this on democrats. I hate the man, but that would be a seriously dumb move.

platocplx

I edited out the bannable part.

But still gross to say "they deserved to be shot".

No one deserves to be shot other than the Hitlers of the world. I hate scumbags, but I will always be anti-violence and a pacifist.

Murdering People and creating an atmosphere and polices that would help speed up peoples deaths arent really as far apart as you want to think. Just as some people kill others with poison vs ones who go for the most violent route.

Now deserving of it? I dont even know anymore with this atmosphere where they have embolden hatred, shoveled peoples concerns into the mud and a refusal to acknowledge a large swath of people in this country people will go further and further to be heard and yes this can be the result regardless of how righteous you want to be its reality and many of these things could be prevented if GOPers actually acted when children were murdered and cut out these loose gun laws in other states and had a way better baseline to ownership.

It doesnt have to be a total ban, but what we have now is wholly a mess when you can cross state lines and get a gun from a stranger without issue.

LosDaddie

Banned
Well like they say, Thoughts & Prayers out to the victims and their families. Political assassinations are not the way forward.

This is a very disturbing thread, and not only because of the history revisionist undertones set by comparing US politicians to Heydrich and the likes. Hell, people. I get that you don't feel sympathy for asshole politicians, but please don't maginalize the fucking holocaust and the NAZI death machine for this.

Read a goodamn history book. Your ruling class at the moment might be the worst in any western country baring Poland, but fuck it. Look at the simple anihilation of jewish people, of gay people, of sinti and roma, of political opponents, of simple folks that made a simple joke about the Führer. You can go out and joke about Trump, hell, you can VOTE his cronies out soon, you are NOT rounded up and put into camps and you are not being experimented on and burned alive and gassed and dismembered at the leisure of Trump.

For heavens sake, just go vote and protest and strengthen your local communities and get involved. Don't marginalize the horrific death of millions in your internet rage.

On point.

entremet

How else am I supposed to take a generalization like "far left" when that's often how the far left is characterized.

I'm speaking about a man who felt the need to use martial force against elected officials. That type of far left.

Wow he's dead now? Well, I guess we will see what happens with how the government responds to this. They need to tread carefully how they deal with it, less this guy somehow becomes a martyr

Oh man...we're so fucked.

This is going to lead to more extremists lashing out...

More knee-jerk, reactionary legislation being introduced...

More restrictions on the free-press...

More division...

More hate...

This shooting is only a few hours old, yet the lines are being clearly drawn.

Personally, I feel this event is going to be a turning point in our national trajectory. If there was ever any hope that we could right this ship, this just yanked the wheel right toward the iceberg.

Shootings, even of children, the elderly, celebrities, police, and politicians, never have legislative sway in America. We've become completely numb to them.

You're overreacting. If Sandy Hook and San Bernardino didn't move the needle, this won't either. The second amendment is too strong.

BajiBoxer

Banned
That was very... Presidential?

Give it a couple days. He has a tendancy to undermine these moments with late night Twitter rants. He's given a few non-crazy speeches and statements before, it's not like Trump reading a subdued statement is completely unheard of. I'm already cringing waiting for someone in the media to have a Van Jones moment.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Uhhhhh...is this a trick question?

I'd say it's pretty black and white if they are killing millions of innocent people?
If the Republicans got what they wanted, the whole Planet would burn to dust in a few hundred years.

Lowmelody

This will happen more often as more people are sentenced to death by republicans. As people become desperate they will look for acute solutions to chronic problems.

Top Bottom