• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should there be more polls?

Do we need more polls?

• Yes!

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Of course!

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Absolutely!

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Why not!

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Nah, Afro Republican will post one anyway

Votes: 92 69.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nowhat

It may be best if we could please refrain from this kind of indirect shoutouts and/or parody threads?
I've been noticing a distinct lack of polls recently. Should we do something about it?

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Pop quiz: If there are 3 polls on the front page, and somebody adds 4 more, how many polls did Afro Republican make?

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Afro should move into other areas too.

Like music: "Who is your favourite Beatle? (pick 7)

• John Lennon
  • Paul McCartney
  • Ringo Starr
  • Mick Jagger
  • Lady Gaga
  • Whichever one makes Microsoft look best
  • None of the above
  • All of the above
  • Some of the above
  • John Lennon again

Codes 208

• John Lennon because I hate Paul McCartney
  • Paul McCartney is my favorite but Ringo Starr is also decent
  • Ringo Starr and my favorite color is blueberry
  • Mick Jagger I guess
  • Lady Gaga but I also still like Britney Spears
  • None of the above
  • All of the above
  • Some of the above
  • John Lennon again
  • Other (please comment!)
Fixed for personalizations

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Here’s my poll

Butt
My butt
Why a butt
Should there be Butts
I like butts
I think Butts come from Butts but Butts shouldn’t smell like butt

ANIMAL1975

• John Lennon
  • Paul McCartney
  • Ringo Starr
  • Mick Jagger
  • Lady Gaga
  • None of the above
  • All of the above
  • Some of the above
  • John Lennon again
The one and only _ Poll McCartney!

I've been noticing a distinct lack of polls recently. Should we do something about it?
No need to! New news, Gamebiz today : "There are going to be more great polls on Neogaf on the coming days! says Hellpoint Dev"....

Last edited:

Swizzle

Gold Member
Theres no mods here anymore. Shitting up the front page is A OK these days.
No it is definitely not... just because mods are not banning people left, right, and centre does not mean they are not ever watchful ;).

Last edited:

Ivellios

Which new console are you excited more to see between Sony and Microsoft?

1- Xbox Scarlet because it will have better exclusives
2- Xbox Scarlet because it will be more powerful
3- Xbox Scarlet because it will be cheaper
4- Xbox Scarlet because Phil Spencer
5- PS5, but just after i buy my new Xbox Scarlet

Last edited:

If a poll falls in the Forrest, and no one is around to hear it.. Afro Republican will put up a new one.

theHFIC

i think there needs to be a quota on how many polls someone is allowed to post on a weekly / monthly basis. the one person who posts all those polls is just clogging the forum thread feed with just a bunch of low energy questions.

Shifty

Ahahaha holy shit what a golden thread :messenger_tears_of_joy: those results say it all!

Can we petition the mods to replace the like button with an in-depth per-post mini-poll system? That should straighten out the forum-to-survey ratio so we won't need so many polls on the front page.

Last edited:

Mojoraisin

No it is definitely not... just because mods are not banning people left, right, and centre does not mean they are not ever watchful ;).
And we love you for it. Thanks for the great work. Personally I think there are too many polls right now, even though I love polls to start with. Wouldn't hurt to cut down a bit.

Catphish

I'm not normally one for the ignore feature, but since I ignored AR, the page is much cleaner. I'm not proud, but he left me little choice.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm not normally one for the ignore feature, but since I ignored AR, the page is much cleaner. I'm not proud, but he left me little choice.
i'm gonna add him too. don't know how though as I've never done it before but i'll figure it out :) i'm sick of seeing his posts and polls.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I'd like to start a poll:

Will AfroRepublican post in this poll?
Yes
No
HE IS THE POLL, ALL POLLS BEGIN AND END WITH OUR MASTER

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Maybe if there were three categories it'd be fine. Gaming. Communities. Afro Polls.

ROMhack

I believe all polls should banned except in the case of Afro Republican who should be allowed to dual-wield them.

Last edited:

CeeJay

There should be a limit on the number of polls you can create in a week, two or three at most should be adequate. I don't know why AR hasn't had his permissions revoked entirely, he has proved that he cannot be trusted.

Vawn

Banned
They're letting him turn the forum into a joke. Limit new threads from certain people to at least no more than one a day.

Most of the time it's clear he doesn't have anything to say and just wants to see his name on top of more threads/polls.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I can't decide who's GAFs biggest attention seeker: me, Afro Republican or IbizaPocholo?

IbizaPocholo posts useful content in the gaming forums. Afro Republican is actually mostly an OK guy outside of his poll posting, far as I can tell.

Nymphae

Banned
There have been so many lately that I've actually just started not caring about them entirely and I avoid poll threads in Gaming unless it's something very relevant to me. I feel like they used to be a little more sparse, and more survey like. Now Afro Republican starts polls whenever he has a question, it's a little nuts if you ask me.

Nymphae

Banned

I think it would be great to have to the ability to hide threads from a forum list and have a section in your profile called "Ignored threads", just like you have "watched threads"

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
IbizaPocholo posts useful content in the gaming forums. Afro Republican is actually mostly an OK guy outside of his poll posting, far as I can tell.
75% of what Ibiza posts is mostly crap with the other 25% being useful. He is indeed the Kent Brockman of GAF.

GenericUser

I don't understand why people criticise Afro Republican for posting polls. What's the deal? Do these posts steal your lunch or what is it? I like voting in polls, I like seeing the results.

Raph64

I don't understand why people criticise Afro Republican for posting polls. What's the deal? Do these posts steal your lunch or what is it? I like voting in polls, I like seeing the results.

The problem is how many polls he make, not the polls themselves.

He’s basically spamming at this point.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, the quantity is a bit much. Plus the quality is poor. It's much like we don't love seeing listicles on our favourite sites. Sure we can ignore them, but if 90% of the content there is a listicle it starts to lose some of its lustre.

That is probably what he is after. Hopefully he gets a tag saying "I play with polls" :messenger_grinning_smiling:

It is his endgame to get tagged as a Poll Master! XD

Or what about "We wouldn't touch him with a 6 Foot Poll"?

But the Poll may become 6 Foot if we let him! Haha!

Last edited:

GenericUser

The problem is how many polls he make, not the polls themselves.

He’s basically spamming at this point.

You and my definition of spam seem to differ a lot. I really don't see the problem as I said. It's not like he's making money by spamming these threads, he's probably just casually browsing the forum and posting threads from the top of his head.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
because he comes across as someone seeking attention and/or trolling. People don't like those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom