• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should there be more polls?

Do we need more polls?

• Yes!

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Of course!

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Absolutely!

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Why not!

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Nah, Afro Republican will post one anyway

Votes: 92 69.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
3 pages, 100+ votes, within hours! Looks like we need more threads like this no matter the minority and one member in particular derailing this for their selfish or trolling reasons, this is what GAF needs! :messenger_bicep:

Last edited:
MOAR POLLS!!!

giphy.gif

Sorry but this lie is invalid. Several polls when people complain about front page spam are between 3-30 days old depending. If I was making 5 polls A day I'm sure the mods would have said something because that would mean 5 threads a day 35 threads a week. That's not happening. And again Polls are part of threads, this while thread here is pointless because you guys are trying and failing to separate the two.

This thread is a small minority, of which some of are just trolls derailing threads before reading them. Almost a thousand votes and 80% of that in posts just the 8 threads mentioned in the earlier post above. No one cares and if you guys have to make something up to pretend to have a point more power to you but it's not going to work.

The dunpachi spam will be removed, and you guys will soon start getting more warning for derailing threads on purpose (as has already been done before numerous times.) if you're not competent enough to skip threads you don't like then there's nothing more to say.

And if you think that supporting a user spamming and trying to get mod confrontation is a solution to a non-existent problem more power too you but that won't go without consequences.

Eh, fair enough I suppose. I understand where you're coming from a lot more now. I'll just stay out of this "fight" after this post, because it honestly isn't a huge deal and I think a bunch of people are making a mountain out of a molehill. So long as your threads remain relevant to the gaming discussion section, as they have been, we're cool.

Eh, fair enough I suppose. I understand where you're coming from a lot more now. I'll just stay out of this "fight" after this post, because it honestly isn't a huge deal and I think a bunch of people are making a mountain out of a molehill. So long as your threads remain relevant to the gaming discussion section, as they have been, we're cool.

This post reads like a direct response to my last post, which was to a user with a different name. hmm...

Last edited:

Xenon

One poll we need to have is what AR's tag should be. My vote would be...

Afro Republican
With a touch of poll-ish

This post reads like a direct response to my last post, which was to a user with a different name.

Yes, but I was initially on the side of the people complaining about the polls, and after reading the comment you made that I replied to, you turned me over to your side a little bit. Obviously I think spamming of any kind should be punished on any forum no matter what it is, but I understand that you're ultimately just trying to keep the gaming discussion alive, and ultimately your threads are quite harmless in the long run. So, I essentially was just saying that I thought you gave some good points and that I'm ready to leave this whole thing alone now.

Codes 208

Sorry but this lie is invalid. Several polls when people complain about front page spam are between 3-30 days old depending. If I was making 5 polls A day I'm sure the mods would have said something because that would mean 5 threads a day 35 threads a week. That's not happening. And again Polls are part of threads, this while thread here is pointless because you guys are trying and failing to separate the two.

This thread is a small minority, of which some of are just trolls derailing threads before reading them. Almost a thousand votes and 80% of that in posts just the 8 threads mentioned in the earlier post above. No one cares and if you guys have to make something up to pretend to have a point more power to you but it's not going to work.

The dunpachi spam will be removed, and you guys will soon start getting more warning for derailing threads on purpose (as has already been done before numerous times.) if you're not competent enough to skip threads you don't like then there's nothing more to say.

And if you think that supporting a user spamming and trying to get mod confrontation is a solution to a non-existent problem more power too you but that won't go without consequences.
I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised by this response. Well whatever, continue to treat gaf as your own social blog. but of all people you should realize plenty of people will continue to either derail your threads or make parodies due to the frequencies of your polls. Which is frequent. I come here daily and it certainly feels like there’s not a day I haven’t seen a new one or two from you.

BlackTron

At this point I'm waiting for afro to start making polls like "who would win in a fight, Darth Vader or Vegeta".

As a bonus, the answers can have a bunch of fluff added in despite that your opinion in the poll may have nothing to do with it, like "Darth Vader! I love lightsabers, Star Wars rules and besides he redeemed himself in the end" or "Vegeta, nobody messes with the Prince and he's way cooler than Goku. I want to bang Bulma."

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
At this point I'm waiting for afro to start making polls like "who would win in a fight, Darth Vader or Vegeta".

As a bonus, the answers can have a bunch of fluff added in despite that your opinion in the poll may have nothing to do with it, like "Darth Vader! I love lightsabers, Star Wars rules and besides he redeemed himself in the end" or "Vegeta, nobody messes with the Prince and he's way cooler than Goku. I want to bang Bulma."
The mods only approve of Afro doing that.

I tried to also contribute polls and all of them were merged into one.

I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised by this response. Well whatever, continue to treat gaf as your own social blog..

I mean you can keep up this narrative and derail threads that are currently having discussion and earn yourself a suspension or ban if you want, your choice. Me and the majority know your last post is nonsense and don't care. If there's a poll you don't want to participate in it simply don't, if you want to try and create hivemind threads like these there's another site for that. You should be more than capable of deciding whether you want to participate in a thread or not without derailing. Your opinion is invalid mostly because it's based on something that isn't true, and the fact that you don't seem to think simply not participating in threads that interest with you instead of being aggressive is the better solution.

Moving on.

Last edited:

Alexios

More backseat moderating and threats from a minority of trolls and jealous habitual thread derailers who don't see the glory of this thread that is already on its way to making it to page 4 and has over 100 votes showing this is the kind of threads that the new GAF community wants with hard proof like number of posters engaging in the poll and in the discussion. If you don't like it just ignore it ffs, how hard is it?!

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
No one has commented really on the ignore threads idea. To me this is win win, AR can make all the polls he wants and people who don't want to participate could hide them without being forced to hide his posts everywhere else on the forum, and then they won't have as many threads they don't care about in the thread list. Yes it's not a huge deal and you can scroll past them, but this solution if possible would make everyone happy I think.

Alexios

No one has commented really on the ignore threads idea. To me this is win win, AR can make all the polls he wants and people who don't want to participate could hide them without being forced to hide his posts everywhere else on the forum, and then they won't have as many threads they don't care about in the thread list. Yes it's not a huge deal and you can scroll past them, but this solution if possible would make everyone happy I think.
I commented, this means others could make double-threads of actual news he might theoretically post some time (like his one news thread today that someone had already posted before) so it's no good.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I commented, this means others could make double-threads of actual news he might post some time (like his one news thread today that someone had already posted) theoretically so it's no good.

If a user manually hides a thread, presumably they would know not to start a duplicate.

Actually two news threads, but again Alexis is one of those people that kind of jumps in threads to derail without really looking at the thread half the time. Anyway everyone will be moving on now so...

theHFIC

I mean you can keep up this narrative and derail threads that are currently having discussion and earn yourself a suspension or ban if you want, your choice. Me and the majority know your last post is nonsense and don't care. If there's a poll you don't want to participate in it simply don't, if you want to try and create hivemind threads like these there's another site for that. You should be more than capable of deciding whether you want to participate in a thread or not without derailing. Your opinion is invalid mostly because it's based on something that isn't true, and the fact that you don't seem to think simply not participating in threads that interest with you instead of being aggressive is the better solution.

Moving on.
you are not only annoying but arrogant as well. I hesitated with using the ignore button after finding out about it earlier in this thread, but I am confident now that any thread you create or a part of isn't going to offer any interesting discussion or contribute to gaming dialog.

Moved On.

Alexios

Actually two news threads, but again Alexis is one of those people that kind of jumps in threads to derail without really looking at the thread half the time. Anyway everyone will be moving on now so...
Okay, my bad, 2, 1 of which was a double and you still bumped it in a reply after it was shown instead of just ask a mod to lock it since it was preexisting just like you bump all your threads after a time to lure fake interest to bump your objective stats of how this is what the community needs, as if you can possibily know how many of the hundreds (thousands?) of members are deterred from engaging with GAF at all when every time they visit it no longer resembes the gaming news/discussion haven it was when the front page is just random stuff like that. You do you, lol. How many times have you "moved on", I lost count, just as you can't count if you seriously believe you have hundreds of supporters in this, this thread is already on par with most of yours in popularity (yes, the occasional one might get some more if you keep bumping it randomly, a broken clock is right twice a day etc.) and there are no "hundreds" of replies defending you (if we exclude yours which merely dismiss anyone saying otherwise without any argument).

Last edited:
you are not only annoying but arrogant as well. I hesitated with using the ignore button after finding out about it earlier in this thread, but I am confident now that any thread you create or a part of isn't going to offer any interesting discussion or contribute to gaming dialog.

Moved On.

Don't worry, hundreds of people will take your place and disagree with your point.

Seriously guys you aren't competent enough to not click a thread your not interested in and not voting in a poll? Well you're already gone so that's fine. Less headache.

Nymphae

Banned
Ah I thought you meant preemptive ignoring, my bad (keep it up, page 4 soon)!

I had also considered hiding threads by user, but you're right, that could create situations where you're creating duplicate threads.

I think the best solution is to simply allow users to press an "Ignore Thread" button, could be placed next to the "Watch Thread" button.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Moving on.
So rather than learn from this. you’re deliberately choosing to ignore the issue that people consider you as a spammer. Ok.
And my narrative is rather basic. I have no intention of being part of a hive mind but consider this: people are hiveminding in the same way where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Maybe you should think off what’s causing that fire.
Okay, my bad, 2, 1 of which was a double and you also still bumped it in a reply after being shown it's a double instead of just ask a mod to lock it since it was preexisting just like you bump all your threads after a time to lure fake interest to bump your objective stats of how this is what the community needs, as if you can possibily know how many of the hundreds (thousands?) of members are deterred from engaging with GAF at all when every time they visit it no longer resembes the gaming news/discussion haven it was when the front page is just random stuff like that. You do you, lol.

How many times have you "moved on", I lost count, just as you can't count if you seriously believe you have hundreds of supporters in this, this thread is already on par with most of yours in popularity and there are no "hundreds" of replies defending you if we exclude yours.
This is also true

Okay, my bad, 2, 1 of which was a double and you also bumped it still in a reply instead of just ask a mod to lock it since it was preexisting just like you bump all your threads after a time to lure fake interest to bump your objective stats of how this is what the community needs, as if you can possibily know how many of the hundreds of members are deterred from posting at all as GAF no longer resembes the gaming news/discussion haven it was when the front page is just random stuff like that.

I mean I don't bump all my threads for fake interest, when i came in after 8 hours there were like 7 threads on the front page and my name wasn't any of them, you just want to create a false narrative you can't prove, because it doesn't exist. No one cares man give up.

Also you're still wrong it was 3 news articles, once again i prove this small majority are nothing more than people who whine like kids about something that easy to do, skip a thread uninteresting to them, and instead just jump in threads to be morons. And then act like they know what their talking about.

What deters people from discussion, as have been said in multiple threads is guys like you being babies in threads that otherwise had discussion and then having one of your boys make 11 spam threads in a few minutes for mod confrontation. So apparently acting like idiots is your solution to a problem that doesn't exist instead of being mature about it and skipping threads you're not interested in.

And it fails every time so hey if you want to keep trying go ahead but those derails will get you modded at some point. Like I said nobody cares, move on.

TLZ

Banned
I don't have issues with polls, but sometimes your choices are limited or biased, and I can't choose proper one. Better leave bias out of it to be completely fair and leave it to us to decide. And would be nice to have an "other" as an option.

Alexios

Oh no, I guess backseat moderating is not part of new gaf rules if you have no fear of constantly doing it and threatening members. How about just using the report function instead of using it as an argument when it doesn't even begin to resemble one. Yeah I'm right and every one who thinks I'm wrong will get moderated so bye suckers!!!!11 You post so much even you forgot how much shit you posted today, I just took your word for that "2" thing, okay, it was 3, lol, keep it up and telling others what to do and how to behave and when to move on although it's so wrong of others to tell you, lol. Yes yes, you're moving on. If you were so right you wouldn't need to post so much and message folks asking them to post just to defend yourself on your own, just saying.

Last edited:

Holgren

I don't understand the hate for AfroRepublican. He does make a lot of polls and even though some of the choices are ridiculous (The platformer poll), it does initiate interesting discussions. Leave the guy be!

Last edited:
So rather than learn from this. you’re deliberately choosing to ignore the issue that people consider you as a spammer. Ok.
And my narrative is rather basic. I have no intention of being part of a hive mind but consider this: people are hiveminding in the same way where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Maybe you should think off what’s causing that fire.

I'm choosing to ignore a small majority, which a lot of that small majority thinks derailing threads discussions is somehow a solution to not liking a thread instead of skipping it. It seems you're basically telling me you're not able to actually do that which is a whole other issue.

What's causing the fire is nothing. There's nothing to learn, again there have been times that I've not made a thread in 2-3 days and threads are on the front page, come back make a new thread people said there's spam, it's all in your head, and the majority don't care. A good chunk of Gaf's active userbase votes in the polls or/and posts in the threads.

heck I got some of you all with threads without polls to see you immediately assume it's a poll because a chunk of you don't even read the thread you only enter to troll. There's nothing to learn from people that think derailing conversations is better than skipping a thread they aren't interested in as said by other users in this very thread.

Hudo

I don't understand the hate for AfroRepublican. He does make a lot of polls and even though some of the choices are ridiculous (The platformer poll), it does initiate interesting discussions. Leave the guy be!
AfroDemocrats.

baphomet

No it is definitely not... just because mods are not banning people left, right, and centre does not mean they are not ever watchful ;).

You don't have to ban anyone, but it does require some amount of moderation to keep it from turning to shit. One person posting 3-4 super low effort poll threads (even regular threads) a day is already too much.

I know you guys don't want to hear it, but gaf was significantly better with strict moderating. The place is a genuine fucking joke now.

Last edited:

Codes 208

I'm choosing to ignore a small majority, which a lot of that small majority thinks derailing threads discussions is somehow a solution to not liking a thread instead of skipping it. It seems you're basically telling me you're not able to actually do that which is a whole other issue.

What's causing the fire is nothing. There's nothing to learn, again there have been times that I've not made a thread in 2-3 days and threads are on the front page, come back make a new thread people said there's spam, it's all in your head, and the majority don't care. A good chunk of Gaf's active userbase votes in the polls or/and posts in the threads.

heck I got some of you all with threads without polls to see you immediately assume it's a poll because a chunk of you don't even read the thread you only enter to troll. There's nothing to learn from people that think derailing conversations is better than skipping a thread they aren't interested in as said by other users in this very thread.
Yeah you’d be surprised how hard it is to simply skip your threads when at times they took up half the front page.

Oh no, I guess backseat moderating is not part of new gaf rules if you have no fear of constantly doing it and threatening members. How about just using the report function instead of using it as an argument when it doesn't even begin to resemble one. Yeah I'm right and every one who thinks I'm wrong will get moderated so bye suckers!!!!11 You post so much even you forgot how much shit you posted, I just took your word for that "2" thing, okay, it was 3, lol, keep it up and telling others what to do and how to behave and when to move on although it's so wrong of others to tell you, lol.

You don't know what back-seat modding is apparently, and considering mods have already given warnings because of several of you guys doing EXACTLY WHAT I SAID it does nothing bur further proof my point half the people that are complaining, which is a small minority, literally just enter threads to troll, which is against the rules, and warnings have been given out because mods aren't blind because the pattern is the same.

So go ahead and keep derailing conversations for no reason instead of not being insane and just skipping threads you don't want to be in. And again, what's interesting about these derails is that they are mostly buried by real discussion, making it more obvious when you guys are only there to complaint, half the time not reading the threads, so there's really not a reason for you to continue your pointless quest.

Last edited:

Alexios

the people that are complaining, which is a small majority
Finally you're coming around. And yes you're constantly telling people they will get moderated for their behavior for having an opinion that differs to yours and what you perceive to be hundreds of supporters, that's backseat modding, you're not being a kind old member helping new members with the rules and etiquette, you're just attempting to shut up people who disagree by constantly repeating it with no point.

Last edited:
Yeah you’d be surprised how hard it is to simply skip your threads when at times they took up half the front page.

You can keep making this lie if you want but if there WAS a period where my threads took up "half" the page, which never happened, it would be people posting in older threads as well. This is the strategy you guys use, pretend there's spam when people add old thread,s and complain in a new one to make it seem like there's more polls then there actually is. the FPS 2007 thread is an interesting example of this very thing.

It's better to stop creating false narratives and move on, if you can't find yourself able to avoid threads turn off your computer.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Don't worry, hundreds of people will take your place and disagree with your point.

Seriously guys you aren't competent enough to not click a thread your not interested in and not voting in a poll? Well you're already gone so that's fine. Less headache.
Afro is building an army. I'm calling it right here.

Hostile takeover of GAF. My polls are being silenced yet his continue on unfettered. The mods are in on it.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
So go ahead and keep derailing conversations for no reason instead of not being insane and just skipping threads you don't want to be in. And again, what's interesting about these derails is that they are mostly buried by real discussion, making it more obvious when you guys are only there to complaint, half the time not reading the threads, so there's really not a reason for you to continue your pointless quest.
Your behavior in this thread is much like your behaviour in your stupid 'Atari/Amiga VS 8bit Systems' poll. You are extremely arrogant, condescending, and rude. Here's a hot tip - people who think you're a bit of a dick who is spamming Gaf with low effort content aren't all 'trolls' or 'a minority'. I get that you're not big on the whole 'reflecting' thing, but you might want to consider the possibility that maybe you don't help your case with your relentlessly assaultive attitude, and need to attack other posters who disagree with you on anything at all.

You don't have to ban anyone, but it does require some amount of moderation to keep it from turning to shit. One person posting 3-4 super low effort poll threads a day is already too much.

If you have to create a false narrative you don't have an argument.

Also the reason why it's a mess is because there are argument in thread due to people not reading the threads derailing the threads for no real reason. Or in the case of today one user posting 11 threads in 10 minutes for a mod confrontation. Which the people who actually are complaining., support instead of you know, doing something that doesn't encouraging discussion.

Your behavior in this thread is much like your behaviour in your stupid 'Atari/Amiga VS 8bit Systems' poll.

Oh you mean the thread you didn't read, got called out on it and got warned by a mod because you dropped the arguments to a grade school insult level? The thread that also tried to move on but you kept trying to instigate an argument over nothing?

who is spamming Gaf with low effort content aren't a

You guys keeps saying this yet there's no proof. The only thing I've and other people have seen is people going back and bringing up posts and even then there's often not much more than 5 posts on the front page before the other move to page or or later. Most people move on, if you can't then don't click the thread.

relentlessly assaultive attitude, and need to attack other posters who disagree with you on anything at all.

You mean like the relentless assaultive attitude you had the very thread you mentioned? Move on dude, this whole thread is pointless. Learn to not click on threads you don't want to post in, that's the lesson for the day. Also stop making false narratives about spam that don't exist.

Alexios

Keep it up, soon to page 4 to show all this is the kind of threads we need. Double post, do it 10+ times per page, the end justifies the means, just keep repeating the same thing over and over and over and eventually everyone will believe you are who is right and everyone else a minority of ill willed wrong doers. Such passion guarantees justice, 127 voters, soon hundreds of nowhat nowhat supporters by majority law! Or maybe the thread will get locked with such derailing behavior in every single page and someone can then get to use it as more "proof" of his holy status in bringing out GAF's inner potential, who knows :messenger_winking:

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

Oh you mean the thread you didn't read, got called out on it and got warned by a mod because you dropped the arguments to a grade school insult level? The thread that also tried to move on but you kept trying to instigate an argument over nothing?
I didn't get 'warned by a mod'. The thread was moderated. The moderation in question was:

A dubious poll option is not justification for insulting and attacking other members, and action will be taken against those who continue down that path. If you have an issue with the way a thread has been setup, make your points and move on. If you think it breaks rules then report it.
Clearly, you don't believe that applied to you in any way - as evidenced by your conduct in this, and every other thread that you are involved in. Again, your lack of reflection, and your utter inability to consider that perhaps your attitude towards other posters generates a certain amount of hostility is remarkable.

You guys keeps saying this yet there's no proof. The only thing I've and other people have seen is people going back and bringing up posts and even then there's often not much more than 5 posts on the front page before the other move to page or or later. Most people move on, if you can't then don't click the thread.
The proof is the front page, which is riddled with your polls.

You mean like the relentless assaultive attitude you had the very thread you mentioned? Move on dude, this whole thread is pointless. Learn to not click on threads you don't want to post in, that's the lesson for the day. Also stop making false narratives about spam that don't exist.
We can go through the previous thread right now and observe, very clearly, that you started attacking me. Not the other way around. And, other people pointed out your dreadful behaviour. But, I guess you're right and everyone else is lying - right?

Your argument seems to be 'I reserve the right to use Gaf as my personal blog and to spam the front page with threads, and I reserve the right to behave in any way that I like and if you disagree, LOL DEAL WITH IT'. Your presence and behaviour speaks volumes about where Gaf is at the moment.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
I'm not sure I understand where the hate for Afro Republican threads comes from. My general experience with his threads are: I see his threads and most of the time scroll past them, not because they have a poll but because they don't have anything I can participate in. I thought his FPS in 2007 thread was interesting so I posted in it. My question is, if people hate poll threads/AR threads so much why are they getting bumped? His threads get to at least 2-3 pages before they stop getting bumped, most of the time even more than that.
I guess I can understand people wanting quality over quantity but I still think people are being too hard on him.

Besides dominating the front page constantly, if you read the threads you'd see further problems.

If it's a subject he has an opinion on, he will word the answers to give you two real choices - agree with him or choose a different choice that he knows no one believes. What you want to answer likely isn't an option. So you just state your opinion and he will argue why it's wrong and use his loaded poll results as proof why you're wrong and he's right.

But other times this doesn't occur as he is just increasing his new thread count with whatever random nonsense he can one up with. Such as "IMPORTANT: Which controller released between 1983 and 1987 had the best buttons?? Its time to finally decide! (READ OP)"

The proof is the front page, which is riddled with your polls.

I know you and several other trolls love lying but there are 3 polls on the front page out of 40 or so front page items. You guys think the other users and mods are falling for something that doesn't actually exist and keep thinking you can keep pushing this false narrative and use it as an excuse to derail threads/

Hey more power too you but it's not a good justification, especially since it's false.

Keep it up, soon to page 4 to show everyone this is the kind of thread we need. Double post as above, 10+ times per page, the end justifies the means, just keep repeating the same thing over and over and over and eventually everyone will believe you are the one who is right and everyone else a minority of ill willed wrong doers. Such passion guarantees justice. 127 voters, soon hundreds of wutnau supporters.

It's ok man everyone else will be moving on.

Well guys I'll leave you with this, the conversations will continue without you and making derails in the conversation will be modded as has already happened today so i have no idea why some of you are so aggressive over absolutely nothing and for some reason think the solution to your imaginary problem is to pull a Gamefaqs.

If you feel the need to derail a thread is more productive to discussion than ignoring a thread you don't want to go into, well, you've got some problems. Especially since a good chunk of those users are in this thread complaining about the site discussions (and lying about them as well), which is ironic, since you're derailing discussions. Almost like you guys aren't having enough ol' blood circulation to the brain and didn't think this through very well. Because you're doing exactly what you're accusing me of which is hilarious.

Just keep in mind, as usual, you're random outbursts will be ignored by actual discussion by posters, and I'm not even going to engage you guys just report the derails, and I encourage others to do the same, and eventually you'll realize all your whining was pointless.

So I'll just make my last statement for this thread here, and I will be moving on and if you for some mental reason aren't able to, I have no idea what to tell you, but derailing threads isn't the adult solution to the problem, and if you think they were warranted well, I'm not going to break down the reasons why that's sad as you're already emotional enough as is over nothing.

That's all, have a great Tuesday.

Last edited:

Alexios

It's ok man everyone else will be moving on.

You don't move on despite saying it every other post and that's all I need, I'm not selfish, your affection is enough, I'm sure you'll mention me in other threads either by name or as part of that nebulous minority slash majority you speak of so fondly when trying to prove you're an undeserving victim that at the same time enjoys overwhelming support by hundreds (which seems to be confusing yourself posting hundreds of times over). Keep it up, alongside all the projecting about how the big bad world of "other people" is bad and you are right in everything because you insist on it so much and poll x got x votes proving it!

128 voters, woo! :messenger_bicep:

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

I mean, you really couldn't ask for a more compelling 'exhibit A', could you.

I guess that the takeaway from this is that NeoGAF now allows single users to spam the front page, insult and attack other users, and be generally disruptive. Fair enough, message received.

EDIT: And he edited his post to call me a 'liar' and to suggest that anyone who disagrees with him is a 'troll'. Keep going, Afro Republican. You're doing an amazing job proving what a great guy you are.

Last edited:

Alexios

How long do I wait before I bump this with stuff like (from the same thread, between the [] are my additions):
Despite some posts, the site seems to be pretty [un]divided on this.

Community seems [not] split on this.

As some kind of much needed update on the current situation I can use to bait people who missed/ignored it the first time around as if anyone who actually cares can't just check the mighty poll :messenger_smirking:

Another one voted so you should all know we're up to 129 voters in the poll now, this shows very good community engagement with the subject, I dunno what it proves yet, I'll ponder and tell you later for sure.

Last edited:

Mojoraisin

Wow!

Argument really goes around in a circle here!

Afro, at the start of the thread I was rooting for you as I didn't really see the big harm. Your responses here swayed my mind considerably. I know that you've been under attack but it is better to take the high ground and listen to the community's voices instead of instant attack and "fake news" allegations. If you could acknowledge ONE point of constructive criticism I'd bet most people would be happy and you could continue polling away. For example, the input on poll options. That is worrying.

I know you guys don't want to hear it, but gaf was significantly better with strict moderating. The place is a genuine fucking joke now.
That's right, we don't. I'd take some bickering like this (and some shit threads) over mods that would make Stalin and Hitler proud simultaneously. Took me closer to Orwell's '84 than I thought possible.

Thank God for the death of the truth ministry! :messenger_peace:

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
I vote to ban afro, or at least ban polls.

he will probably link an external poll tho. so ban him

Too harsh IMO. But he needs to be limited on the amount of polls he makes and he needs to be moderated with his poll choices to stop making loaded answers which result in bickering in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom