• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show me your arts, GAF

Belmonte

Some character animation sketches. Trying to give a more natural feeling to the movement and character mass.

3BqozhG.gif

FXa6ENj.gif

y74hGsi.gif

why cant i uplaod pics from desktop?

Not sure but probably because you are a "Neo Member" in the forum. Post 50 messages and your account upgrade to Member.

holyax

Banned
Some character animation sketches. Trying to give a more natural feeling to the movement and character mass.

3BqozhG.gif

FXa6ENj.gif

y74hGsi.gif

Not sure but probably because you are a "Neo Member" in the forum. Post 50 messages and your account upgrade to Member.
ah I see, thanks
BTW nice animation. Are you on twitter?

Always love seeing new art from you, Belmonte. I know your Instagram is more up to date on recent works but I just check this thread whenever there's new stuff posted. Continue keeping us updated on the project! I'm really gonna get back into the habit of drawing again too.

Belmonte

Always love seeing new art from you, Belmonte. I know your Instagram is more up to date on recent works but I just check this thread whenever there's new stuff posted. Continue keeping us updated on the project! I'm really gonna get back into the habit of drawing again too.

Many thanks for the interest Vyse!

To be honest, even my Instagram isn't very much up to date. Many artists say it is not a good idea to relegate social media but I find very expensive time-wise to be relevant on them. You need to update at least one time per week, need to comment and like posts everyday, participate in art contests or spend years and years studying to be so ridiculously good people can't ignore your account! Too much for me, so I prefer to focus on my project. At least until I have a vertical slice of the game.

Make sure to post your art here when you start drawing again!

bajouras

Made a gnome or somthing.
VKj3UfK.png

Many thanks for the interest Vyse!

To be honest, even my Instagram isn't very much up to date. Many artists say it is not a good idea to relegate social media but I find very expensive time-wise to be relevant on them. You need to update at least one time per week, need to comment and like posts everyday, participate in art contests or spend years and years studying to be so ridiculously good people can't ignore your account! Too much for me, so I prefer to focus on my project. At least until I have a vertical slice of the game.

Make sure to post your art here when you start drawing again!

Yeh I have to agree with you here. Too much of a time consuming task. I even find myself thinking, why should I be wasting time here on instagram when I could be drawing even more hehe

Keihart

Just made this in ClipStudio, i was thinking about how a modern "anime ninja" would look with everyday gear/clothes. The inside of the overall it's red just like the googles strip to recall the emblematic red flowing scarfs of characters like Strider.

urban_ninja_by_shounenhart_dehjkc0-fullview.jpg

Razvedka

Banned
Telemon Heavy Dreadnought of the Adeptas Custodes. I'm now sitting at like 1100 pts of these guys in this color scheme. I need to take a group family photo of them at some point.. Just got in my two Caladius Grav tanks, so they're next on the chopping block.

I still don't have a name for these guys yet though. Thinking of something to do with 'Winter' in the title though.

dnJ8Ihd.jpg
SLizvZl.jpg
Q3Xyqnk.jpg
UFuZGBU.jpg

Edit: I do see some places for a few touch ups on this guy.

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
I really dig that second one. I'd say you're doing a kick ass job.

For the first, have you tried water color brushes? I think that would make it pop more.

Edit: unless you were already doing that *squints*

Last edited:

Tschumi

I really dig that second one. I'd say you're doing a kick ass job.

For the first, have you tried water color brushes? I think that would make it pop more.

Edit: unless you were already doing that *squints*
To be honest, mm, i hate the way they warp paper and I'm worried they would, like, pervert my ink line, either making it run or whatever.. yeah I've been advised to try water paints, but my inner control freak doesn't want anything to be more obstructive than a plain white paper :p

I just come up with my drawings while i sketch them, no tracing or penciling the drawing first.. so i don't really get a do-over if, yeah, I stuff it up lol

My system above uses photoshop.

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
To be honest, mm, i hate the way they warp paper and I'm worried they would, like, pervert my ink line, either making it run or whatever.. yeah I've been advised to try water paints, but my inner control freak doesn't want anything to be more obstructive than a plain white paper :p

I just come up with my drawings while i sketch them, no tracing or penciling the drawing first.. so i don't really get a do-over if, yeah, I stuff it up lol

My system above uses photoshop.
Oh I know. I'm not saying you should use real watercolor, I meant water color brushes in an application like PS or Krita.

Tschumi

Oh I know. I'm not saying you should use real watercolor, I meant water color brushes in an application like PS or Krita.
I'll look into it immediately!

I've just been using the paintbrush with varying degrees of transparency

Last edited:

bajouras

Lmao I'm posting little models and you throw out this, hot damn.
Nah man. Ive actually also tried to paint a model of my own a few months ago (a space marine), and boy did it went wrong. I think I'm too shaky to paint stuff soo small ahah. So its always awesome to see some cool minis like yours!

Amey

I've started trying my hand at digitally colouring my sketches, i first print colour then print the lines onto the same sheet.

Am i on the right track?

(This second pair was a test, so a few errors visible(
What effect do you achieve by printing in layers? Just Curious.

Tschumi

What effect do you achieve by printing in layers? Just Curious.
I don't feel comfortable applying ink or paint colours to my drawings, i worry about distorting my fine lines, so i decided to try use Photoshop...

I print out colour first, then feed it back through for the lines, this allows the lines to stand out a bit more, and also slight variations in my printer feed have been known to create slight mismatches between the layers which look a bit retro, imo.. so that's pretty much that :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom