• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show me your arts, GAF

Damn you made me feel nostalgic for the old forums I used to browse in the late 00s / early 10s. Members used to have so many signatures. The drawback of signatures though is that people tend to go overboard with them.

Yeah, I miss the weekly signature contests. I think we had bigger avatar sizes too, like 150x150. But vBulletin ended up being buggy in later versions and the forums became a ghost town. We had an amazing, talented close-knit group of graphic designers though, filling out user requests and battling each other for points you could use to purchase custom user titles and little gaming icons to add to your profile, points you would normally accrue by posting.

I did learn that some of the best looking signatures, in my opinion, used simple fonts and had a clear focal point.

Last edited:

niilokin

i had 2 bouts of impulse buying almost back to back and bought fuckload of bic ballpoint pens (the orange black ones with fine tip, have to order from office suppliers) and 12 pack of neutral tombowz

Dacon

Banned
i had 2 bouts of impulse buying almost back to back and bought fuckload of bic ballpoint pens (the orange black ones with fine tip, have to order from office suppliers) and 12 pack of neutral tombowz

I've always been envious of people who could draw well with ball point pens. Frank Cho and Riccardo Federici do amazing work with them.

JordanN

Banned
Art I finished last year.

poLiYXb.jpg

x10qFhA.jpg

FZKfnQd.jpg

NSRFOLL.jpg

jkBSWT7.jpg

5Pri1ys.jpg

ZoVqkF4.jpg

Tschumi

Check the artstation page where I list them off.

But it was mostly done with 3DS Max & Photoshop/Substance Painter.
Never used 3ds max myself, trained on the autodesk suite and rhino, but that's a great body of work you've got there and mad props

mortal

Gold Member
Catching up with this thread. So much awesome work has been posted since the last time I posted.

Been taking a break from posting work online, getting back into it.
First was some design & animation work I did for the first Cyberpunk 2077 OT thread.

CP2077-GAF-OT-HEADER-FINAL.gif

Cyberpunk 2077 logo glitch animation was done by Komatsu Komatsu
Rest of banner was done by myself. For the sound version, I sampled the amazing music of Nicolas Jarr. "Telallás" off the album Telas.
I have another animation idea I want to base around his music.

This second one was a visualizer animation I did for fun. Wanted to experiment more with After Effects compositing, then editing all of the sequences in Premiere.

🎵submerse - take it slow

Dacon

Banned
Left leg is bugging the shit out of me, redrawn the legs several times.

This shit happens to me so much when I draw, I work on a picture, I find something that looks wrong/bad to me and I spend days agonizing about trying to fix it and get nothing else done, and that's WITH reference.

RdGS4Vl.png

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Left leg is bugging the shit out of me, redrawn the legs several times.

This shit happens to me so much when I draw, I work on a picture, I find something that looks wrong/bad to me and I spend days agonizing about trying to fix it and get nothing else done, and that's WITH reference.

RdGS4Vl.png
Looks like left hip joint is lower than the right, yet both knees are level, even if left leg is angeled.

Try adding a layer on top where you draw in a stick figure and im5sure you'll see the problem more clearly.

She's also twisted her torso at an odd angle, so if you pivot the hips to face forward, that'll probably make a difference.

Dacon

Banned
Looks like left hip joint is lower than the right, yet both knees are level, even if left leg is angeled.

Try adding a layer on top where you draw in a stick figure and im5sure you'll see the problem more clearly.

She's also twisted her torso at an odd angle, so if you pivot the hips to face forward, that'll probably make a difference.

Youre right, the left knee should be higher

I saw a parody the other day and I thought it might be worth sharing here. Granted it's just a youtube poop but it's put together pretty well.

Really weird thing is that Link doesn't seem put of character to me.

Last edited:
I finished designing this original character for a hypotehtical Nier sequel. I went for a traveler/soldier theme, and took the key elements of NieR characters (white hair, black clothes, elaborate motifs) to put my own spin on them.

The concept here is a young explorer searching for the truth of the disease that once ravaged humanity. To protect the human settlement he lives in—a miracle built on past sacrifices—he decides to wield magic. The YoRHa-issue Blade is a reminder of the android force that fought for humanity in the past. A born leader, this kind young man is determined to not let the tragedies of the past repeat themselves.

HIbhsA4.jpg

SirTerry-T

An ooolld sketch, that was coloured in Photoshop 7 (that should date it). Think I was trying out the chalk brushes if I recall. This was done back when I actually had time for messing about with my own stuff.....

dQJAn4B.jpg
38Fup9o.jpg
9TVpcTL.jpg

Judge Anderson fan art and companion 3d model. Created back in 2009ish?!?
Scanned pencil sketch with Photoshop colours, Zbrush and 3d Max for the character model.

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
Not sure if it counts, just figured this guy minutes ago. Rest of my army is in the background. I took a bit of a break this year from digital art and started doing models.

I present a Shield Captain on Dawn Eagle Jetbike of the Adeptas Custodes (Warhammer 40,000):

8Jy2o8V.jpeg

DKeRFPa.jpeg
Cb1niXh.jpeg
8ZHOihV.jpeg
FwqWy6f.jpeg

Top Bottom