• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us the inside of your PC

Mad1723

Sorry for the potato quality, had to stand back to get everything in shot.

K5huzXo.jpg

Well, I don't have my own picture, but I have a GTX 780 and 3 hard drives in a micro ATX case, so it looks more like one of these wiring boards than a computer:
453787_f520.jpg

GHG

Pics from a couple of years ago when I first put my current build together, nothing's changed since:

20130101_134739nhj90.jpg

20130101_1348132hkxy.jpg

Nothing fancy.
Loelg0E.jpg

i5 2400
7870XT 2GB (Tahiti Le)
8GB Ram
500GB HD

This is an old picture, but since then I've only added a 256GB SSD

Just built last night.
my first build :D

Congrats on your first build homie. I love that you bread boarded your setup to make sure everything works before throwing it in the case. You wouldn't believe how many people don't bread board, then post a million questions asking why doesn't it boot :p. That's a VERY good habit to have. Kudos and welcome to the PC Master race.

SerTapTap

It's very good for its price/performance. The only major flaw with it is that the stock cooler is really loud at higher RPM.

I just set my PWM to never hit 100% unless my CPU is melting, hate the noise and I almost never hit 80c. I need to put 2 Sickleflows on it but I have shit luck with those and half the ones I ordered rattle. I love coolermaster's stuff but I hate a rattley fan and I'm a bit disappointed in their 120mms

But yeah, the 212 variations are godly, no sense in putting less in a PC that will fit it. Ya'll using intel stock coolers should consider an upgrade. That stock one is awful, though it's nice and easy to install at least.

Currently building my first pc...

I will post pictures after my ram comes in.

Edit: also if someone can answer a quick question about my psu and motherboard pm me. Thanks!

Dat case! Planning on changing that eventually? That poor 7870 is screaming for air in there :p

No plans on changing the case. I have no temperature issues, so no reason to. My current dilemma is where to go from here hardware wise. My setup is good for high settings at 1080/30fps on new games, which is getting a little tired. I really want to upgrade, but I want to wait till I can get closer to 1080/60fps with mid tier hardware.

DJ_Lae

Nothing too fancy, never did really fiddle too much with the cable management either.

ibmVkDuqotaXTr.jpg

And for out and about:

ibtCo1ynuIrXtG.jpg

Kyuur

I'm a bit too embarassed to post any of mine with such beautiful cable management in here. Is there a name for the type of cases that have the PSU on the opposite side of the rest?

I just set my PWM to never hit 100% unless my CPU is melting, hate the noise and I almost never hit 80c. I need to put 2 Sickleflows on it but I have shit luck with those and half the ones I ordered rattle. I love coolermaster's stuff but I hate a rattley fan and I'm a bit disappointed in their 120mms.
I think I just had a bad fan profile (which I've recently tweaked) which made the fans spin really fast, but I do have a Cougar fan lying around that I could use to replace the stock fan. I'd rather get a fugly Noctua NF-F12 fan, but those things rarely go on sale at a price I'd be comfortable buying and their budget fans aren't as impressive as the F12.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Look at that fur, it is insane!! I mean sure it looks beautiful for inside of a pc, but seriously, what temperatures are you getting when playing AC Unity or FC4?
A GTX Kittan can run all modern games at 60 frames purr second.

I don't know how you play with that monitor by the window. I have one, and I can pretty much use it as a mirror if there's any light in the room.

I'm a bit too embarassed to post any of mine with such beautiful cable management in here. Is there a name for the type of cases that have the PSU on the opposite side of the rest?
What do you mean by that? Is it below the motherboard tray, or is it on the back of the motherboard tray?

Hmmm...it seems like most people who have their psu seated on the bottom of the case have the fan pointed downward. I have my psu the other way around, where the fan points up. Is there a reason why most people have it the other way?

Top Bottom