• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2007 edition

MegaTen

Banned
Ravenn17 said:
Not the best picture, but oh well.

p1020088qz7.jpg
I've been thinking of buying one of these, but I'm not sure what the model is.

Jefklak

vatstep said:
setup.jpg

Nothing special. I moved in a few weeks ago and am FINALLY almost 100% finished getting everything sorted out.

I actually like it very much, nice job! :)
clean, lovely wood, not too big TV (I hate that, jezus christ...) and not too much junk

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
DarknessTear said:
What's with people and wrapping their cords around their controllers? It ****s them up you know.

How else do you want it?

VOOK said:
How else do you want it?

Like I said, it messes them up. I'm sure there's better ways of dealing with them. Maybe you should just store them in a drawer or something if the wires get in the way.

Sai

DarknessTear said:
What's with people and wrapping their cords around their controllers? It ****s them up you know.
How so? I've been doing this for most of my controllers since the 16-bit days, I've had no problems.

... Well, actually, there was this 3rd party 6-button controller for the Genesis I had. Plastic around the end of the cord eventually wore down and the innards became exposed. That was the only one though.

As long as you don't wrap them too tightly, I don't see how it could mess anything up.

Sai said:
Where'd you pick up that Master Sword and Hylian Shield? Do they come with the LE Strategy Guide?

[EDIT] - Nevermind--eBay tells all. Comes with the soundtrack, right?

Yes, they were available at Target. You could probably still find them, there's been reports that the set was marked down in price. They used to be $40. A little overpriced, but I'm a sucker for anything Zelda. The soundtrack is only 7 songs, btw.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Klaxon said:
IKEA?

I got the same TV-table.
Yup. There's actually five things in that picture alone from IKEA - and even more on the other side of the room and in my bedroom. It's almost disturbing how much money I've spent there over the last month or so; I got rid of most of my old crap and bought all-new stuff when I moved in here.

They have such great stuff though, and it's really affordable. And it's sort of funny how the answer to 90% of the "where'd you get that?" questions in these threads is IKEA.

HomShaBom said:
Out of print/Out of stock....

The controller? Check your local EB Games/Gamestop. Most of them don't have the controller on the floor anymore, they just throw it in the back. There's a local Gamestop that did that because it takes too much space on the floor. They should be $19.99 now. Gamecrazy, if you have one in the area, might still have them too.

vatstep said:
Yup. There's actually five things in that picture alone from IKEA - and even more on the other side of the room and in my bedroom. It's almost disturbing how much money I've spent there over the last month or so; I got rid of most of my old crap and bought all-new stuff when I moved in here.

They have such great stuff though, and it's really affordable. And it's sort of funny how the answer to 90% of the "where'd you get that?" questions in these threads is IKEA.

Ha, I know what you mean. Everything in my room furniture wise is from ikea.

Xav

Downgraded image quality for our 56k users out there. So it's a small setup but everything is nicely hooked up via RGB cables. :D

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
jtardiou said:
Question to the ppl who buy furniture @ IKEA:

Do you guys buy it offline or online?
In-store.. some of this stuff would be extremely costly and frustrating to have shipped. The box for my TV stand was 90 pounds, for example.

Obviously though, the problem is that they don't have all that many locations - I'm just lucky to have one right nearby. The next closest is about a three hour drive, but I still think that'd be more worth it than having certain things shipped. Plus, if you order online you won't get to go to the cafe. :lol

Jefklak

EverSoTrendy said:
Actually I like your setup mostest in this topic.

It's nice except the small TV. It shouldn't be a HDTV one but damn that's small. Smaller than my 17" CRT? Looks like it on the pic. How close do you need to sit in order to fully enjoy console stuff?

vatstep said:
In-store.. some of this stuff would be extremely costly and frustrating to have shipped. The box for my TV stand was 90 pounds, for example.

Obviously though, the problem is that they don't have all that many locations - I'm just lucky to have one right nearby. The next closest is about a three hour drive, but I still think that'd be more worth it than having certain things shipped. Plus, if you order online you won't get to go to the cafe. :lol

Sweedish meatballs FTW!

The closest one to me is 3 hours, and I've probably gone 10 times or so. They're building one just under two hours away, so that will at least be better.

But yeah, the shipping would kill you on most things. The TV stand I'm planning on getting from them next is around $150 or so, I checked online and the shipping was another $120-130. Looks like I'll just wait and go when the new one's finished.

Soybean

I hope someone posts a projector setup, because I'm moving into a new home with a basement that will become the home theater. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Still not sure how I'll handle the Wii sensor bar. I may just order a spare sensor bar and attempt to splice into the cable myself, hook it up to a 9-volt power adapter.

Xav

As you can see my room is actually rather small, the sofa that I sit on while playing games is actually rather close to the TV so the small TV is not an issue as it may seem. The TV is certainly small, it's probably a 14/15 inch but to be honest I have considered upgrading to something a bit bigger along the lines of no higher than 20 inches. I like small TV's because they always look great, with bigger TV's the graphical flaws of a game become more obvious. Thanks to the person who liked my setup.

Soybean said:
I hope someone posts a projector setup, because I'm moving into a new home with a basement that will become the home theater. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Is the basement finished yet? If not, are you doing it yourself?

Soybean

scissorfight said:
Is the basement finished yet? If not, are you doing it yourself?
It is finished, which (as you may have been about to allude to) is a mixed blessing. I'm not handy, so finishing it myself would have been tough, and hiring someone would've been expensive.

On the other hand, I'll probably end up with ghetto exposed wires. Or I might get these (http://www.decorp.com/) and run them under the carpet or paste them to the wall they way they demonstrate.

Jefklak

Xav said:
As you can see my room is actually rather small

Well okay, that looks cozy. I'd still opt for a 20" TV (that is not too big at this distance, you'd be surprised) but yes LCD screens that small don't produce too good output.

Soybean said:
It is finished, which (as you may have been about to allude to) is a mixed blessing. I'm not handy, so finishing it myself would have been tough, and hiring someone would've been expensive.

On the other hand, I'll probably end up with ghetto exposed wires. Or I might get these (http://www.decorp.com/) and run them under the carpet or paste them to the wall they way they demonstrate.
Yeah, finishing the basement myself was definitely a huge job, but having everything exactly the way I want it made it worth it.

Is it a drop ceiling or drywall? For a drop it's really easy to run wire up walls and then across the ceiling over the tiles. If it's drywall you might consider just going with a new hollow-type baseboard or even a baseboard cover for running wires under.

edit: ah, here it is: http://cableorganizer.com/wire-tracks/

Soybean

scissorfight said:
consider just going with a new hollow-type baseboard or even a baseboard cover for running wires under.
Thanks. That's an excellent idea I did not consider, and works great for this basement since the owner didn't bother putting in baseboard. I am Googling the options as we speak.

[edit] Yup, just found Wiretracks. Not the prettiest, but it'll do.

Ramune

Mr. Spinnington said:
I feel like I lived with you...

Similar set up or know someone that has it like this too?

Love the setups, especially the component outfitted Neo-Geo! <3

As for cords, I always wrapped them around my controllers since the NES days, and they still work to this day. If there's a better way, I'm all ears.

For those with old-school consoles and HDTVs, what's the best way to go? I heard if you can grab RGB cables you can convert them to component. Is this true or are there better ways? If not, I can see Virtual Console/Live Arcade/PSN being used for archival purposes in my future.

$20 stand from K-mart:
DSC00199.jpg

Intec Wireless $5 av selector under Xbox:
DSC00198.jpg

Panasonic SDTV Lcd:
DSC00206.jpg

Xbox Motorcycle Controller:
DSC00207.jpg

Ochanoma Battle (w/ 4 controllers) PS1 Game:
DSC00022.jpg

Baker

Banned
I haven't got around to organizing or decorating anything yet, so here's my semi-minimalist shit...

Living Room TV
tv.jpg

Living Room Games and Movies
games.jpg

Gaming Room #2
room2.jpg

Edit: PC Room
pc.jpg

I swear I'll clean up next time I take pics :lol

Top Bottom