• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2007 edition

aktham said:
IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

How much were those entertainment stands?

ghibli99

Very nice setups, folks... you've inspired me to take some pics with my new lens tonight (which will come later). Keep posting! :)

Sud

Datawhore said:
My setup is finally complete. I just got the stand a few days ago.

The TV is the Samsung LNS4696D (1080p LCD).
I am looking into getting that exact TV, could you tell me some more about it?

I was wondering how regular standard definition channels look on it, and is there any lag when playing games on it? Any general opinions on the tv would really help. You can PM me them if you want.

Thanks.

samusx

Banned
OK here is my new set-up as of yesterday afternoon. Man did it take for ever to put the new TV stand together and organize all the stuff inside.

Just to give an idea of what you are looking at here it is.

32" LCD HDTV
Denon amp
Toshiba HDD/DVD HD tuner
Nintendo GameCube(NES cube mod)
Nintendo Wii
PC connected to HDTV for a lot of PC fun
New Epson printer/Scanner

newsetup.jpg

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
Sud said:
I am looking into getting that exact TV, could you tell me some more about it?

I was wondering how regular standard definition channels look on it, and is there any lag when playing games on it? Any general opinions on the tv would really help. You can PM me them if you want.

Thanks.

I'm pretty happy with the TV. The colour reproduction is amazing and HD images are fantastic. I'm finding HD DVD and 360 look far superior to HD through my cable box though, but from what I hear, this is mostly an issue with my cable provider. I'm not noticing any lag when playing Gears or Zelda.

This is the 3rd 46" HDTV I bought in the last two months and the first that I've kept. Previously, I bought the 46" Sharp 1080p Aquos, but had severe backlight bleeding with the first and horrific horizontal banding with the second. The blacks were slightly better than the Samsung (looked deeper and more uniform), but the colours on the Sammy are clearly better imho. I haven't experienced any noticeable bleeding or banding with the Sammy so I don't mind trading the deeper blacks for better colour reproduction and product quality.

The only problem with the Sammy so far, which has been widely discussed on AVSForums, is it doesn't yet have 1:1 pixel mapping on it's HDMI and Component inputs. As such, programs will be overscanned. The high end Sony and Sharp's have 1:1 pixel mapping so they don't have this problem. In reality, it's a non issue for HD programming and gaming since those content providers know about overscan and plan for it when they're filming or making a game. I honestly can't tell there's any overscan when watching Tv or gaming. The only time it's apparent, is when I connect my PC to the HDTV. I can't see the Start Bar or the far left icons on my desktop. This is really annoying if you're going to connect your PC to the TV frequently. There are two solutions though: Use VGA instead of HDMI (no overscan), or get your video card to underscan the image. Right now, I'm not doing either because I don't use it frequently enough. There are rumours that Sammy is going to release a Firmware update in North America to address this issue (they already have in Korea).

As for Standard Def, to be honest they look pretty shitty. My previous HDTV was smaller and resolved the SD images better than the Sammy, but I watch 90% of my TV in HD now so I don't really care. This Sammy's picture quality is only as good as the image you feed it. So far, nothing has compared to HD DVD (Batman Begins is unreal) and 360 games.

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
It's from Jysk. I think they're a European company and sort of a competitor to Ikea.

They have a few stores in Canada. My stand was the Baxter Corner TV Stand or something like that.

My setup:
DSC02388.jpg

DSC02390.jpg

DSC02396.jpg

DSC02398.jpg

^The glass door is dirty, and, somehow my 27-inch CRT SDTV (from the mid 90's...) didn't quite make into the picture... Dunno why...

I also got a PS3 since these were taken...

dankir

Here's mine, nothing special gonna replace my 30" CRT HDTV with a 46" Bravia next month.

Main Setup
IMG_2735.jpg

PC Setup
IMG_2672.jpg

HD - DVD / Blu Ray
IMG_2731.jpg

Next Gen Games
IMG_2733.jpg

Rear Speakers
IMG_2680.jpg

GT:HD and the Logitech G25 wheel, I have the Xbox Wireless as well.
IMG_2683.jpg

GTR2 and the G25 wheel
IMG_2661.jpg

Here is a link to my album if you want to check out more pics, my car collection and so on.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v714/DANKIR/

Tony HoTT

Banned
soon as i get my best digital camera in the world you will see my collection of 1000 hdtvs all playing gears and your cocks will asplode with cum and tears and bone!~

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
CurlySaysX said:
PC is connected to my Sony® stereo but console games are played thru tv speakers. :)

PlayStation® Portable Games.

PlayStation® 2 Games

Games under Desk

wtf™?

Joates

Banned
My new setup for 07' kind of a work in progress still, but I did finally calibrate the TV and it looks amazing.

65" Mitsubishi DLP on temporary stand (yes, I know everything is a mess.)
q.jpg

g.jpg

f.jpg

p.jpg

I dont have the steadiest hand or the best camera so they didnt turn out as well as I would have liked but oh well.

Firestorm

DSC00006.jpg

Yeah, w300i doesn't take good pictures. And no, my house is not slanted, that's just me not knowing what I'm doing. That's an Acer 32" TV, AT3220A I think it was.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
We Are Ninja said:
My setup:
^The glass door is dirty, and, somehow my 27-inch CRT SDTV (from the mid 90's...) didn't quite make into the picture... Dunno why...
I also got a PS3 since these were taken...

I like the clear dreamcast, even tho it looks cheap...

Also, i have an A/V Selector that looks A LOT like yours. That's Composite only, right?

drizzle said:
I like the clear dreamcast, even tho it looks cheap...

Also, i have an A/V Selector that looks A LOT like yours. That's Composite only, right?
Yah. Composite only. Looking to finally make the jump to HD soon. :)

g.jpg

I found this part to be the hardest in the game. Heck I even have the lines memorized from replaying it so many times.

"Lookit all that Juiceee"

"Marcus, how much do you think all that Emulsion is worth?"

"I don't even wanna think about it, but it's probably a lot."

:lol

jjasper

DarkJediKnight said:
I found this part to be the hardest in the game. Heck I even have the lines memorized from replaying it so many times.

"Lookit all that Juiceee"

"Marcus, how much do you think all that Emulsion is worth?"

"I don't even wanna think about it, but it's probably a lot."

:lol

I don't even think I can count that high...

ghostmind said:
DIY? Holy crap! I wish I had the talent for that - instead I'm going to have it done professionally, because I can barely hammer a nail in a board without screwing it up...
None of this stuff is really that hard. This is my first home, so it was my first time doing most of this stuff. I just bought the books and the tools and went with it.

adg1034

Well, my setup hasn't changed a whole lot since the last time I posted in one of these, but I have added my new Wii, 20" SDTV (only $100 at BB!), and completely updated my PC.

E6400, 2GB DDR2 800 OCZ RAM, X1950 Pro, all in here:

P180_noir.jpg

And, guess what the game is that I've been spending the most time playing on my brand spanking new computer? KOTOR. Oh yeah.

Mar

Wow at some of the set ups in this thread. It's obvious to me now that I don't even come close to what a lot of other people are prepared to spend on tech. Yes, I am jealous.

So finally, after promising some half a year ago to provide pics in the old thread. Here is my set up.

TV + DVD + Wii + PS2 + a very small sampling of my DVD collection (and Monkey Ball figurines for the keen eyed):
1.jpg

Close up of the two consoles. They are the only active consoles (barring hand held) in my collection:
2.jpg

Here is my 'retro' console rack. Although you'll note there are boxes from very new consoles. Basically, it's my collection so far that is going to eventually grow to be much bigger:
3.jpg

Close up of the boxed versions. The pride of my collection is a first generation C64 (quite rare):
4.jpg

My PC game collection. There's much more but they are in single CD cases and you can't really see them:
5.jpg

My PC set up (ignore the two white PCs. They don't even get powered on anymore. My actual PC is the giant black thing on the left). Yeah, that's a life size Chatterer bust. It's cool. Also, note the SX-64 on the right, with network card:
6.jpg

My game collection. It doesn't look like much in the picture. But the damn shelf is stuffed to capacity. All C64 games on the bottom shelf. Megadrive / SNES / NES / N64 / GBA / lots of other systems games in the middle. DS / PS2 / Wii / GC / PSP games up the top. Note the Q3 tin box, signed by Tim Willits and Paul Steed:
7.jpg

Ah, watching this thread makes me look so poor...but i love looking at those great setups ^^
But you guys dont like Panasonic-HDTVs, eh? How come?

Z_Y

MasterMFauli said:
Ah, watching this thread makes me look so poor...but i love looking at those great setups ^^
But you guys dont like Panasonic-HDTVs, eh? How come?

I love theses threads too. This weekend I'm going to get around to taking some some pics pf mine and posting them. I have a 50" Panny RP-LCD. I like it a lot. The main reason I got it though was for it's inputs. 4 component, 2 VGA and 1 HDMI. No switch boxes necessary. ;-)

Top Bottom