• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2011 Edition

25hh3jm.jpg

OnPoint

Every year I don't post because my setup isn't "perfect" yet.

Fuck it. Later tonight, I'm posting.

Also, Tabris, I hate you. Your setup is incredible.

besiktas1

cnizzle06 said:
Alternate thread title: I'm rich, let me show you.

Alternate thread title: I'm rich, let me show you that my setup is way better than besiktas' as he goes to bed masturbating in bitter tears...

Quake1028

Gloomfire said:
IK9sY.jpg

26" 720p LCD mounted to my wall above my big TV. Perfect for crazy college football or basketball days. Best $15 I ever spent (mount).

mbRKi.jpg

Casablanca poster and the top of my extremely overfilled and super messy Blu-ray shelf. So bad I couldn't even take pics of it :lol .

vUMs4.jpg

42" 1080p Vizio, PS3, Dreamcast, GameCube, HD DVR, HD DVD Player.

BAza3.jpg

PS3 Collection 1 (GTA4 is missing, brother has it.)

9DyAP.jpg

PS3 Collection 2

WoOmJ.jpg

HD DVD Collection 1

KagaB.jpg

HD DVD Collection 2

bLkhV.jpg

HD DVD Collection 3

wLWwq.jpg

HD DVD Collection 4

wpqUd.jpg

KPkms.jpg

Blablurn

because i'm studying abroad my current gaming set up ist not that great. it just consists of one PSP Go, one 4th iPod Touch and an "okay" Laptop.

1pm22.jpg

can't wait to return to my PS3 and HDTV next year :lol

Shuusui

RPGCrazied said:
Haha, what do you people do for a living? <_< You guys look rich.
I think Tabris is notably cagey about what he does for a living. Speaking of Vancouver though, I might be PMing you, Tabris.... want to take a vacation to Vancouver for the fireworks this summer =)

Tabris

Tabris where did you get your furniture?

Combination of Ikea, The Brick and Sears. A lot (like the tv stand and table) don't seem to be available anymore. Anything specific you want to know?

I'm too much of a slob for this thread.

Post it up! Who cares if your place is a mess.

OP has an amazing view! Can you please take some pics at night and post them sometime?

balconyviewnight.jpg

Tabris, why do you own the vile SNES 2.0? That lacks support for S-Video or RGB output, hurr

Not much difference between S-Video and A/V Cables when outputted to an A/V receiver that's doing upscaling anyways. Unless there is? Do you have a sample image of SNES running on S-Video upscaled?

Don't want to sound like a douche but regarding the OP's setup, the PS3 looks really out of place on the table like that. Why not put it off to the side?

Where do you recommend I place it? I don't have room in my cabinet and it doesn't need to be down there as that's where my RF to IR sensors are and PS3 doesn't take IR. Like should I take it off the cabinet completely or place it just to the side on the cabinet?

BTW, it's been mentioned before, but some of you sit WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too far away from your TV's.

I need a 55" for optimal viewing but I spent $3000 on my current TV and want to get as much use out of it as I can. I don't actually mind it that much.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Tabris said:
Not much difference between S-Video and A/V Cables when outputted to an A/V receiver that's doing upscaling anyways. Unless there is? Do you have a sample image of SNES running on S-Video upscaled?

composite cables are awful. Here's the difference in clarity (taken on my cap card)

composite
brynl.png

s-video
pUO4l.png

much cleaner image.

Tabris

alr1ghtstart said:
much cleaner image.

Oh yeah I understand the difference traditionally. What I meant was won't SNES look like "ass" whether it's av cables or s-video? Can you tell the difference with SNES?

If so, I'll sell my current SNES and order an old style since I could get more money selling my current one.

DonMigs85 said:
Here in the Philippines they're still pretty expensive compared to the US, but they've dropped a lot in the past couple years.
You can get a Samsung or LG 32" here for about $400 USD.

Yeah, a lot of HDTV price drops as of late here. The Toshiba AV700E 32 inch LCD TV can be bought for 19,000 pesos (cash basis). Saw one in AV Surfer in Festival Mall, Alabang.

Trojita said:
And with that Tabris scared away anyone thinking about posting their own gaming setup :lol

You think that's bad ass? Wait til Regs or some of the all-stars from last year's thread show up. That shit will really make you cry

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I'm waiting for the one guy who has the mother of all setups. I think his name was existor? or expansor? Something like that.

Going to post mine tomorrow.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Tabris, your setup is simply gorgeous! :)
Minimalistic, clean, no wires...
I also love the PS3 right in the middle!

a1m said:
:lol :lol :lol

lolez2matt said:
damm....

and i thought here they were expensive :(
Over here, all the electronic stuff is pretty expensive.
The only time TVs were actually sensibly priced was after the World Cup ended, where along bank discounts and some places wanting to get rid of extra stock, you could get some decent deals (I got mine at that time, a Samsung UN40B6000 for about US$1300, when its retail price was about US$2200 before the WC started)

Give me another 8 years and I'll beat the OP for gorgeous living... better make that 10.

Seriously though dude that's basically my wet dream you're living there. Would you mind answering how old you are? I'd like to know whether I've been utterly defeated or if I have time to catch up.

Tabris said:
Where do you recommend I place it? I don't have room in my cabinet and it doesn't need to be down there as that's where my RF to IR sensors are and PS3 doesn't take IR. Like should I take it off the cabinet completely or place it just to the side on the cabinet?

Hmmm, even if you had room, I wouldn't place the PS3 in a closed off cabinet like that especially since you have an older model. Those things need breathing room. I think that's the problem with "IR hideaway" cabinets like that, the things that need lots of air don't benefit. Is that your only console also or where else do you keep the other ones?

And from my tastes, it's just the "loneliness" of the PS3 that kinda throws it off. Either nothing should be on that cabinet or a few other things should be.

Oh and truly awesome view of the mountains. That must be gorgeous to wake up to.

edit: really late edit but didn't see some of your other pics inside the cabinet. Now I see the other consoles and stuff. Maybe the best thing is to put the PS3 off to the side on the top.

Spike

DonMigs85 said:
Tabris, why do you own the vile SNES 2.0? That lacks support for S-Video or RGB output, hurr

I was surprised when I first hooked up my SNES 2.0 in that it looked better with the standard composite cables than my regular SNES on S-video.

kiun

Tabris said:
Oh yeah I understand the difference traditionally. What I meant was won't SNES look like "ass" whether it's av cables or s-video? Can you tell the difference with SNES?

If so, I'll sell my current SNES and order an old style since I could get more money selling my current one.

Forget S-Video, RGB output is why you want a v1 SNES.

FoxSpirit

Yeah, RGB is awesome. And it's readily visible on a HDTV what connection you use with an SNES, all the bad of composite, now in glorious 50" fuzziness >.<

Also, all that glass is going to give any serious room acoustics test a heart attack :lol

DonMigs85

Spike said:
I was surprised when I first hooked up my SNES 2.0 in that it looked better with the standard composite cables than my regular SNES on S-video.
So maybe they improved the DAC output for composite but dropped S-Video as a compromise? Still, very stingy of Nintendo.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, I am packing up right now, about the only part of the floor or even my bed that doesn't have stuff laying on it is the couple of square feet where my chair is on.

Yay, I love these threads! Subscribed.

Nice job Tabris, your setup was always one of my favorites. I hope to see Chittagong post his this year though, he didn't post anything last year :(

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You don't get to post pics like the OP posted without telling everyone your job/career, it's only fair.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just added a link to this thread in the last thread so people with subscriptions can move over here.

pj

Banned
Pretty much the same as last year except I got a new mac mini.

5303874512_3361a93d9c_z.jpg

5303881092_2deb03d4e2_b.jpg

5303878324_4a1d31e9ea_z.jpg

5303904658_d5bfc0bfd5_z.jpg
5303372339_d402fb65ba_z.jpg

Stuff:
46" Panasonic Viera G10
Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 w/ NrT upgrade in the front
Ascend Acoustics CBM-170SE in the back
HSU VTF2-MK3 sub
Onkyo SR707 receiver
Rotel RB1070 stereo amp
Pioneer turntable
2010 mac mini
Can of Dr Pepper

sn0zc0r3

Neo Member
Nothing has changed much since last year. However I finally started amassing a surround sound setup.

5269136379_179d154db0.jpg

Picked up an Onkyo 808 with two Polk Monitor 70's and a Polk CS2 center (the newegg sale was just too hard to pass up). Once I pay some bills and get a bit of expendable cash under my belt, I plan on getting a pair of Polk Monitor 40's to complete the setup.

Posted earlier in the old thread...
4706ab1d.png

IMG_1000000228.jpg

Gear:
Mitsubishi HC1500 720p Projector
Optoma Panoview Greywolf 106" pulldown screen
Onkyo 606 receiver
Paradigm Mini Monitors in front, CC350 center channel, PDR10 sub, Titans in back. Have had these forever, still love 'em.
PS3/Wii/360
Mame cab
Messy wiring that I need to get organized

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
2011 Thread!

I'm finally gonna participate again. I've got my first apartment and I have a camera on hand... but I'm at my 'rents house right now, so I can't take pics. But I will!

Top Bottom