• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2011 Edition

Marty Chinn said:
Not much has changed, so I'm using old pics till I take new ones now that I have a DSLR for better quality.

Current Hardware:

Pioneer Elite Kuro 50" 111FD Plasma HDTV
Pioneer Elite SC-07 Receiver
AV123 ELT525 Speakers
DirecTV HD-DVR HR23-700
Sony Blu-Ray BDP-BX1
Zotac Dual Core Atom 330 w/ NVIDIA ION HTPC
Sony 60 GB PlayStation 3
Sony PlayStation 2
Microsoft Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
Logitech diNovo Mini
Logitech MX Air Mouse
How's the HTPC working out for you? I am thinking of getting one of those or a WD Live box.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I don't own a camera so phone pictures are going to have to do. Just moved into this place a week ago so I have it setup pretty much how I want right now.

Main Setup
Setup.jpg

Cabinet with Modded Xbox 1, Fightstick, and controllers. Also has my ghetto GT5 wheel stand I built for $3 :lol
setupcab.jpg

Seating area.
setupseat.jpg

My 360 generation love. Music games! Ion Drum, Mic Stand, 3 guitars (Strat 2, World Tour, and Beatles Hofner Bass). Also brand new RB3 keyboard
rockrock.gif

setuprock.jpg

My systems below TV. Boring I know. Surround system, 360, PS3, and Wii.
setupsystem.jpg

My DVD and game collection. All 3 boxes are completely filled. Haven't fingured out where I am going to build shelves yet.
setupbox.jpg

MWS Natural said:
How's the HTPC working out for you? I am thinking of getting one of those or a WD Live box.

Works great! Handles 1080p videos without a problem and has been super stable. You can do so much more with it compared to a WD Live box too.

tok

Neo Member
spats said:
That looks really cozy. Love the dim arcade lighting.

Thanks spats... It doesn't show up well in pics, but its black lit. The carpet and high score board (which you can't see in the pic) glow in person. I also added one more machine since pic was taken. That row on the far wall was squeezed together and its on the end.

Pretty much my same set up from last year with some slight modifications to my room such as my command center with all my remotes. I'm already running out of room for cases so I have to buy a DVD tower soon.
020.jpg

021.jpg

023-1.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

027-1.jpg

030-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

Chittagong

Gold Member
Vinterbird said:
Where's Chittagong? He always brings some of the best interior design in these threads.

thanks, though as it stands, Tabris has a cooler looking setup... but I'll be back in 2011 dammit!! waiting to buy a new apartment in London, get renovation done and get everything absolutely perfect.

my new setup should have 7.1 Genelec speakers installed and fully hidden cables. I'm currently trying to figure out whether to replace my 52X2000 with a projector or a new 60" LED/LCD/Plasma. I kind of like the idea of a TV not dominating the space, but am concerned about daylight gaming.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
You have Spider-man's body on backwards, Zero. (I got one of those from a capsule machine the other day myself, heh)

Tabris

Chittagong said:
thanks, though as it stands, Tabris has a cooler looking setup... but I'll be back in 2011 dammit!! waiting to buy a new apartment in London, get renovation done and get everything absolutely perfect.

Show a before picture though. That way people can be even more wow'd. Plus your before picture will show me what you did to improve when you post new ones later in the year.

Hey Tabris, where did you get your PC desk in the OP? And how much did it cost? I'm looking for a new desk. Yours looks neat.

http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/catalog/product.jsp?id=JMF0297&navAction=jump&navCount=3

Make sure you don't have many wires and can hide as much wiring as possible otherwise it'll look bad.

I just got my new shelf and with a good cleaning, things are really looking good now.
G8REb.jpg

ywbuD.jpg

PC Place - I pretty much only play WoW there.
V6blR.jpg

I really need to create more beads sprites. So good looking in there.
3Jwaw.jpg

Mofo

My entry this year - The DigitalNipples Man Cave

I tried to do pictures, but can't figure out how to resize them right for NeoGaf.

EDIT: Made a small 360 degree version -

small3601.jpg

I plan on repainting the man cave this year and will probably try to get rid of all the unnecessary clutter, but hey, the cave was a finalist in the "I Love You, Man" man cave contest... that's a award winning game room you're looking at!

PaperBoy_JJ

Neo Member
Here is my contribution, photos were taken right after we moved had not calibrated displays, finished building shelves in media closet and installing in wall speakers and curtains in family room. Entire home is routed to the media closet, god bless monopirce. Epson 8500, 135” 1.1 gain screen and 7.1 surround in the media room; There is one more game room set up like the media room but with flat screen for XBOX co-op and MMOs with the misses.

9.jpg

MediaRoom013.jpg

11.jpg

MediaRoom094.jpg

Tabris

Love it. More pictures of the setup! How are you controlling everything? Closet seems a bit faraway from the media room, is it long enough for the 360 controller RF signals or do you have repeaters for everything?

PaperBoy_JJ

Neo Member
Builder was nice enough to let me go in and run all my chase pipes, right now the down stairs media closet allows for xbox, ps3 and wireless peripherals for pc to work in the family room and down stairs media room. I have usb over cat5 run to the upstairs media closet and have the wireless receiver for that pc in that media closet so didn’t need a repeater there is a xbox and ps3 in that closet as well. All of the flat screens and most of my devices are Samsung so the signals get sent via hdmi from the tvs back to the equipment on the first floor.

2.jpg

Shig said:
You have Spider-man's body on backwards, Zero. (I got one of those from a capsule machine the other day myself, heh)
Haha, thanks for the heads up. Ill fix it. My friend is collecing all of them and he has gotten 5 Spider Mans so he gave me one :lol.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
PaperBoy_JJ said:
Builder was nice enough to let me go in and run all my chase pipes,
Most won't unless you do it after the inspector sees their work and before the dry wallers come in. I ran strings through my brother's wall/ceiling for speaker wire and one of the trades cut them all.

Le-mo

I just moved to a new house this year so this is my new room.

956_0176.jpg

40' Samsung LED TV
Broken PS3 (YLOD) Planning to get a slim next year
DirecTV Receiver
Yamaha Receiver

956_0175.jpg

PS3 eye mounted on top of T.V.

956_0174.jpg

956_0177.jpg

My first built computer. Overcame a lot of problems during the process, but I'm glad I stuck it out

956_0178.jpg

956_0181.jpg

956_0179.jpg

956_0180.jpg

956_0182.jpg

My resting place

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I use a laptop. It is both a gaming device and a media centre. I also have a wireless mouse when the occasion permits. What do I win?

eXistor

Ermac said:
I'm waiting for the one guy who has the mother of all setups. I think his name was existor? or expansor? Something like that.

Going to post mine tomorrow.
Why thank you! I tend to not post more than once a year though, I like to give it some time, otherwise there's too little difference every time. I'm thinking of switching some things around someday, so maybe this year my room will look somewhat different. As of now it's pretty much the same as last time, only more games and a lot of Mario toys strewn around.

Some classy et-ups already in here btw. I'm kinda jealous actually, mine is kind of lacking in the subtlety area.

Gameboy415

I recently moved into my own house and finished building my dream game room. :D
I'll take some pics when I get home from work tonight!

Tabris

eXistor said:
Why thank you! I tend to not post more than once a year though, I like to give it some time, otherwise there's too little difference every time.

Post your existing one anyways so we can see the change in the same thread. I tried finding your old post in some of the old threads and couldn't find it.

Yes Boss!

Gameboy415 said:
I recently moved into my own house and finished building my dream game room. :D
I'll take some pics when I get home from work tonight!

I'm most curious to see it considering all your crazy pick-ups in the "Pick-up" thread!

ZeMMiK

henhowc said:
Looks like you live in a giant xbox with all that green. :D

indeed that was what I want, and purple of Gamecube. Luckily it is only my attick...I only game there...The other 2 floors are just calm and normal:lol

NekoFever

Mine's mostly the same as last year, only I moved so the surroundings have changed.

fqc1x.jpg

Panasonic TH42PZ80 42" plasma TV
Onkyo TX-SR507 receiver
Tannoy SFX 5.1 speakers
Topfield TF5800PVR Freeview DVR
Oppo BDP-80 Blu-ray player
Xbox 360 Elite (UK)
PS3 60GB (US)

And this is all my media. Blu-ray followed by DVD in the left-hand sections, and games on the right. And a pile of old magazines, because I get all nostalgic when I read them.

mAq1z.jpg

rinse82

The Goods:

55" Sony EX500 LCD TV
Onkyo SR-807 7.1 A/V Receiver
SVS SCS-01 Center Channel
Polk Monitor 60 Fronts
SVS SBS-01 Front Wides (running Audyssey DSX Front-Wide 7.1)
PSB Alpha Rears
Polk PSW-505 12" Subwoofer

160GB PS3 Slim
Acer Revo HTPC

Pictures

full.JPG

side.JPG

components.JPG

PaperBoy_JJ said:
Here is my contribution, photos were taken right after we moved had not calibrated displays, finished building shelves in media closet and installing in wall speakers and curtains in family room. Entire home is routed to the media closet, god bless monopirce. Epson 8500, 135” 1.1 gain screen and 7.1 surround in the media room; There is one more game room set up like the media room but with flat screen for XBOX co-op and MMOs with the misses.

MediaRoom013.jpg

Your place looks amazing. A dedicated room for the projector?

wvfaU.jpg

Yep, that's my dead PS3 next to my shelf, awaiting whatever fate has in store for it.

Also, looking for some advice. As you can see:

GCu7p.jpg

THERE IS A HUGE FUCKING SPACE OF NOTHING above my couch. I've tried rearranging pictures and stuff over it but it always ends up tacky. Any good recommendations as far as that's concerned? I don't have any giant family portraits and even if I did I wouldn't hang 'em up. There's always shit like mantles or huge pieces of famous artwork but I'm looking for something a bit more modern.

picture is grainy because i had to lighten it. i like to keep it pretty dark in my living room.
tv.jpg

Panasonic TC-P50VT20
Pioneer VSX-520-K
2 fronts are awesome speakers I've had since high school with amazing bass response (no identifying info on them anywhere)
Center/Rear Left and Right are leftovers from a cheap Sony home theater package

currently have a ps3/360/wii/xbox 1 hooked up to it. i stream a lot of movies and tv shows from my PC on the other side of the room. most of them look surprisingly good.

Tabris

brandonh83 said:
Also, looking for some advice. As you can see:

GCu7p.jpg

THERE IS A HUGE FUCKING SPACE OF NOTHING above my couch. I've tried rearranging pictures and stuff over it but it always ends up tacky. Any good recommendations as far as that's concerned? I don't have any giant family portraits and even if I did I wouldn't hang 'em up. There's always shit like mantles or huge pieces of famous artwork but I'm looking for something a bit more modern.

You can always get a very large picture of a city scape. I personally always wanted to go to Paris, so when I saw this I thought it would be perfect as it was big and chic.

bedroombed.jpg

EDIT - You can get this picture from Ikea for only like 100ish.

There's a Hobby Lobby store right across the road from my place, they have all kinds of shit like that but kind of expensive obviously. That looks really good though.

Top Bottom