• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2011 Edition

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hey interior design GAFers... I need a picture of a city for my bedroom. What I really love is those pictures that are split into three pieces... if that makes any sense. It's like three pictures that make up the whole cityscape... yeah. Where can I get one of those?

Edit: Exactly like this:

b7guxk.jpg

That's exactly what I want!

Tapiozona

Banned
My setup (95% gaming, 5% movies)
Nothing has changed for the last few years now except for the fact that my audio equipment is beginning to die. First the sub died and literally 1 day later the receiver was starting to have issues. At this point I'm just going up completely revamp my system with a pioneer 1120 receiver and 7.2 surround with BIC Acoustech or Energy speakers.

We're putting an offer on a house with a basement in the coming weeks and if we get the house I'll be doing a complete new theater build...2.0 and do it properly.

Theater.jpg

Obviously an old pic but since nothing has changed....

Here's where I do my gaffing and mininal PC gaming...

brandonh83 said:
THERE IS A HUGE FUCKING SPACE OF NOTHING above my couch. I've tried rearranging pictures and stuff over it but it always ends up tacky. Any good recommendations as far as that's concerned? I don't have any giant family portraits and even if I did I wouldn't hang 'em up. There's always shit like mantles or huge pieces of famous artwork but I'm looking for something a bit more modern.

Colored wallpaper or painting it can make it look less clinical.

sikkinixx

brandonh83 said:
GCu7p.jpg

THERE IS A HUGE FUCKING SPACE OF NOTHING above my couch. I've tried rearranging pictures and stuff over it but it always ends up tacky. Any good recommendations as far as that's concerned? I don't have any giant family portraits and even if I did I wouldn't hang 'em up. There's always shit like mantles or huge pieces of famous artwork but I'm looking for something a bit more modern.

A floating shelf with some stuff on it could look good. Or vinyl wall stickers.

4766554738_450473e21c_z.jpg

That's what I did! You can get some sweet Asteroids ones and such now. It allows you to be as crazy or conservative as you want. There are other non-gamig ones took I imagine.

I would also suggest maybe trying a bunch of smaller pictures arranged together. I always see that look in nice houses and want to try it myself.

Tabris

sikkinixx said:
A floating shelf with some stuff on it could look good. Or vinyl wall stickers.

That's what I did! You can get some sweet Asteroids ones and such now. It allows you to be as crazy or conservative as you want. There are other non-gamig ones took I imagine.

I would also suggest maybe trying a bunch of smaller pictures arranged together. I always see that look in nice houses and want to try it myself.

That looks awesome. Post the rest of your setup in this thread or the cribs thread!

MadmanUK

Tapiozona said:
Nothing has changed for the last few years now except for the fact that my audio equipment is beginning to die. First the sub died and literally 1 day later the receiver was starting to have issues. At this point I'm just going up completely revamp my system with a pioneer 1120 receiver and 7.2 surround with BIC Acoustech or Energy speakers.

We're putting an offer on a house with a basement in the coming weeks and if we get the house I'll be doing a complete new theater build...2.0 and do it properly.

Theater.jpg

Funeral parlour gaming, nice :D

Tapiozona

Banned
FoxSpirit said:
Okay, CEO of which company? ;-)

Heh, I wish. It was actually pretty cheap to build that. Doing your own labor will obviously save an assload of money but all in all I got the whole thing built for a few thousand dollars. I did have the audio equipment ahead of time so my biggest expense was the seats, projector, and maybe 700 in construction materials.

purg3

slept with Malkin
G9feH.jpg

TV-40" Sony XBR 6
360 w/120GB HDD, 60GB PS3, and yes there are 2 DC's there...Plan on upgrading receiver and speakers this year, I'm well overdue.

SwmRK.jpg

Don't do as much PC gaming anymore, will probably change when I upgrade this year

ArzBP.jpg

games stored in the closet, don't have a whole lot of extra floor space. starting to run out of room.

Tabris

purg3, you still have one of my favorite setups. You should mount your TV and move everything back against the wall, that would look pro. If you can that is, I know some landlords if renting don't allow it.

Ultima_5 said:
*TV off to the side*

Maybe center your TV with your tv stand, put the consoles on each side. It'll look much better.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Tabris said:
purg3, you still have one of my favorite setups. You should mount your TV and move everything back against the wall, that would look pro. If you can that is, I know some landlords if renting don't allow it.

I've been thinking about it, I actually own my condo so I can do what I like. My kitchen and electrical box are on the other side of that wall, so I'm not sure what's already running through there. I'll probably find out though when I remodel my kitchen this year. If I do it, I want to do it right and run the cables through the wall. Would also probably need to get a bigger TV too.

Tabris

purg3 said:
I've been thinking about it, I actually own my condo so I can do what I like. My kitchen and electrical box are on the other side of that wall, so I'm not sure what's already running through there. I'll probably find out though when I remodel my kitchen this year. If I do it, I want to do it right and run the cables through the wall. Would also probably need to get a bigger TV too.

Don't worry about the TV, just get a mounting bracket that will accomodate a larger TV and make sure you give yourself enough room to handle a bigger TV (a mounting bracket that can slide vertical as well as horizontal will help with that.

JeTmAn81

Tapiozona said:

Theater.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is what Batman's gaming setup looks like.

sam27368

Banned
Chacranajxy said:
Hey interior design GAFers... I need a picture of a city for my bedroom. What I really love is those pictures that are split into three pieces... if that makes any sense. It's like three pictures that make up the whole cityscape... yeah. Where can I get one of those?

Edit: Exactly like this:

b7guxk.jpg

That's exactly what I want!

Find a hi res image of one you love, split it into three parts using an image editor and get all three parts printed separately.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
sam27368 said:
Find a hi res image of one you love, split it into three parts using an image editor and get all three parts printed separately.

That was distressingly sensible. Where would one get these printed, though? I'm guessing Kinko's only does ghetto-ass posters at most...

LMAO, dude I got flashbacks from looking at the OP's apartment. My ex had basically the exact same apartment layout and view, and I basically lived there for 8 months during my 'deadbeat boyfriend' phase. :lol

I would post mine, but my place is a fucking mess.

sam27368

Banned
Chacranajxy said:
That was distressingly sensible. Where would one get these printed, though? I'm guessing Kinko's only does ghetto-ass posters at most...

I live in the UK so I'm not sure about places in the US, although I hear MPIX.com is good and they do mounts and canvas

Yes Boss!

Here is my extremely MODEST setup. I moved quite a few times during the last year and 90% of my stuff is in storage. Been building up a new collection and finally brought my two beloved white Sega systems. FWIW, I live in about 80 square feet. My kitchen and bathroom are the same size as my living space. I've always liked cluttered, comfy gaming spaces so I'm perfectly happy!

Gaming space:

995d4c62.jpg

Saturn and Dreamcast setup on a cheapy tated CRT (far cry from my cabs):

451d68f0.jpg

Main setup. My two FAVORITE sticks! Couple systems of each. There is the PS3 behind the TV:

753ba39d.jpg

Wiis and 360s. Just brought back my Japanese Wii to play VC and the upcoming Last Story:

7ba5c507.jpg

Big TV for movies!

e6480be9.jpg

13e73e2e.jpg

Ryck

Great thread, I love looking at all the cool setups. Bravo to the ones that don't like an Ikea catalog or an Apple store.

CAVE343

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:

Very nice, I love the clean look, minimalistic set-ups are my favorites :)
Also great green accents.

@Tabris: wow at the view and overall set-up!

@Yes Boss: nice one on the tated crt :) Ow, and the tv barely fits on the stand haha.
When will you be able to show your whole setup? My guess is that you have great stuff to show, even some candy cabs?

Yes Boss!

Bad-joey,

That is my whole setup! :lol

Everything else I own is in storage: three cabinets, fifty arcade sticks, multiples of systems, all my bric-a-brac, movie collection...even most of my indian movies (!) Kinda started fresh six months ago and only brought my J-360, PS3, Wii, and a couple of my handhelds.

My current physical collection is so small now ;-(. Got hundreds of download games on my systems, though:

106b47de.jpg

Nitemare1

Here is the whole bloody gaming room. from filthy corner to filthy corner. I show you this now in hopes of doing a before and after when I finally get everything tidy and organized this year. Everything sort of just got thrown in there as it was acquired. A new years resolution of sorts.

First off. my custom built GT/Forza table. Very proud of it. Took me a few weekends and alot of elbow grease.
wheelstand.jpg

The main corner.
IMAG0101.jpg

The back wall.
IMAG0103.jpg

What a mess! :-/

Mosterio

Neo Member
This is my first post, I hope you enjoy!

dsc01243x.jpg

Here I have a PS3 slim 160gb, a PS2 slim, a Dreamcast, a PSP in the case and my Sony Vaio.

My house is under construction, so the window is covered.

dsc01249l.jpg

My PS3 games!

Melchiah

Tapiozona said:

I love it, particularly the atmosphere. Hopefully one day I have a big enough home, and enough cash, for a theater room like that. Although, I'd probably put X-ray, or Witkin's, photographs in the frames. :D

Melchiah

entrement said:
Are you a doctor?:lol

Seems like you appreciate the Victorian era.

No, just obsessed with all things medical. =)

EDIT: Yes, I'm somewhat fond of yesteryear's look, mostly 30's-50's.

Top Bottom