• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

i_hate_you_with_all_of_my_hate_by_yugiohart-d5d3kzc.jpg

Well here's my setup. A little messy but I love it...

http://i.imgur.com/Z7LVorN.jpg?4[/ig]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/gqSMDAE.jpg?4[/]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/j8W11Gl.jpg?2[/]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/HPATv86.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/J9VXMgm.jpg?2[/]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/s0f5OHB.jpg?2[/]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2P4jOJ5.jpg?2[/][/QUOTE]

Love it.

Melchiah

0oCzWPZ.jpg

Nothing has changed since last year. Still waiting for The Evil Dead cellar dweller painting to be finished, so I can hang it above my entertainment center.

Not much difference from before - probably only a year left here before we move to another European city so who knows what will be next. I finally added an NES to the mix as well as a Sega CD (perfect unit for just $40!). Camera wasn't charged, though, so I used my phone which definitely doesn't do as nice a job so it looks rather grainy.

HKlb.jpg

What tv stand is that? Looks nice.

Oxn

0oCzWPZ.jpg

Nothing has changed since last year. Still waiting for The Evil Dead cellar dweller painting to be finished, so I can hang it above my entertainment center.

This is so creepy.....

I wouldnt even play Captain Toad in that room.

Melchiah

Here are a few pics of my setup.

Sony 55XBR850B (I'm probably going to return for the 65")
PS4
Corsair Air 240 PC (i7 4790k/8gb RAM/MSI 970 Gaming OC/ASUS Z97-I)
Denon AVR-590 (Will replace later this year with a 4K receiver)
Panasonic BDT-210 BD Player
Polk Monitor 50 Series II Speakers
Polk Monitor Center Channel

IMG_2111_zpsb6991451.jpg

IMG_2112_zps34e599e2.jpg

IMG_2113_zps57c3d7bb.jpg

Ushay

We just moved into our first house, so taking a while to get everything sorted, but will post once the TV lounge is all good to go!

Some great setups here guys. Love the hospital one, well thought out (despite being creepy as hell haha).

Darien

My gaming setup, mainly for DRIVECLUB.

73inch High Contrast Grey Screen
ViewSonic PRO8200 1080p Home Theater Projector
SONY STR-DN1010 Multi Channel HDMI AV Receiver
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE Wheel
GT Art Wheel Stand + RECARO Seat
Sony BRAVIA TV 48" W600B
PS3 and PS4

15741268793_a62eb3e704_h.jpg

16335305726_11156373c6_h.jpg

16335139756_24f1ded1b4_h.jpg

16335322216_12df31990b_h.jpg

16175008419_1bf3507a86_h.jpg

16175914388_f69d070148_h.jpg

16360189352_8399baa106_h.jpg

16173513238_b608259a04_h.jpg

16173774250_4cd589fa7f_h.jpg

15741201443_9a2cd8eaf3_h.jpg

Bold One

My gaming setup, mainly for DRIVECLUB.

73inch High Contrast Grey Screen
ViewSonic PRO8200 1080p Home Theater Projector
SONY STR-DN1010 Multi Channel HDMI AV Receiver
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE Wheel
GT Art Wheel Stand + RECARO Seat
Sony BRAVIA TV 48" W600B
PS3 and PS4

15741268793_a62eb3e704_h.jpg

16335305726_11156373c6_h.jpg

16335139756_24f1ded1b4_h.jpg

16335322216_12df31990b_h.jpg

16175008419_1bf3507a86_h.jpg

16175914388_f69d070148_h.jpg

16360189352_8399baa106_h.jpg

16173513238_b608259a04_h.jpg

16173774250_4cd589fa7f_h.jpg

15741201443_9a2cd8eaf3_h.jpg

That is such a nice set up, I am so happy for you
wK8daRz.gif

eXistor

Seems like this thread is going slow. Don't be shy people, more setup equals more ideas.

Still working on my new game room! It's gonna take quite a while though, but I still want to photograph my current setup in the best possible way before I move out. Maybe even do a little video tour. I'm gonna miss the old setup, that's for sure, I've spent many many hours and played many many games there, so I want to at least preserve it in pictures.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
0oCzWPZ.jpg

At first I thought you were in a hospital (like a long term or terminal patient)...then i realized it was a normal room... then I saw that it was a hospital room themed normal room. You've taken me on an emotional rollercoaster!

I would get no sleep in that room or in the vicinity of that demon.

Introduction

Welcome to the annual NeoGAF Show us your Gaming Setup thread. Here we post pictures of your gaming setup, from the large collections to the small collections, from the big family rooms to the small room setups, doesn't matter what, show us what you got! After you've posted what you got, make sure to give feedback to other's setup so we can collectively get cooler and better setups.

My Gaming Setup

58YaJhn.jpg

PJaxxwK.jpg

Click to expand the below:

Previous Editions

2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

holy fuck, OP.

Aikidoka

I'm confused at all the Macbooks and iMac's in the gaming setup. Is this a new thing? since when are mac's good for gaming?

I feel that everything I know is a lie.

THE:MILKMAN

My humble setup:

Want to upgrade the TV but have had a ton of bills lately and only work part time ATM.

System List:

Samsung UE40B7020
System Audio Mantra 60 Speakers
Rega Brio R Amp
Rega DAC
Marantz CD 5005 (Transport)
VM HD PVR
Sony BDP-S370
PS4

Melchiah

At first I thought you were in a hospital (like a long term or terminal patient)...then i realized it was a normal room... then I saw that it was a hospital room themed normal room. You've taken me on an emotional rollercoaster!

I would get no sleep in that room or in the vicinity of that demon.

Heh, I guess you could say I'm a long term patient here. I have another mannequin here nowadays. I've positioned one of them so, that you can see her from the other room via the mirror. So, there's no escape from her vacant gaze. My girlfriend's girlfriend always freaks out when she sees her watching from the mirror. =)

Jonnyblaze896

Neo Member
Just bought my first house, this room is a "cave" in the basement. I'm using the Denon receiver as a HDMI switch until I can buy some proper speakers, until then I've got a Vizio sound bar and wireless sub. 55" Samsung 240 hrz 3d tv. Wii U, Ps3, Ps4, NES and Genesis(NES and Genesis not hooked up at the moment). Still need to paint the room, but suits me fine for the moment...

iuNN5yt.jpg

HayyQFP.jpg

CQnPaIx.jpg

Prd2sNJ.jpg

Chinbo37

Not much difference from before - probably only a year left here before we move to another European city so who knows what will be next. I finally added an NES to the mix as well as a Sega CD (perfect unit for just $40!). Camera wasn't charged, though, so I used my phone which definitely doesn't do as nice a job so it looks rather grainy.

HKlb.jpg

I really love this idea. Using a right angle to put systems and things on the left. Especially for older systems. Then the controller inputs are closer to you and you dont have to deal with cords running right in the middle of the floor.

If I didnt sell my retro collection I would like to have set up something like this. Very nice looking.

Just bought my first house, this room is a "cave" in the basement. I'm using the Denon receiver as a HDMI switch until I can buy some proper speakers, until then I've got a Vizio sound bar and wireless sub. 55" Samsung 240 hrz 3d tv. Wii U, Ps3, Ps4, NES and Genesis(NES and Genesis not hooked up at the moment). Still need to paint the room, but suits me fine for the moment...

iuNN5yt.jpg

HayyQFP.jpg

CQnPaIx.jpg

Prd2sNJ.jpg

Love this! Need to post mine up here soon!

eXistor

Very cozy looking!

About a year or so ago, I made a short video showing how I've squeezed 6000+ Discs into my apartment with the intent of helping hopeless collector types like myself who may be facing storage issues.

It's a little shaky & the audio could be louder, so apologies...

Big 6000+ DVD & Blu-ray Collection Storage Solution - YouTube

I also took a some photos...
Nice set-up, I love your solution. I am ripping my DVD collection, going all digital via HTPC, and need a place to store them and I may take this idea with a cheap 25$ table.

My set-up has not changed much during the year. I now have a nice table to put my TV, use the old table for my entertainment set-up in bedroom. Also moved the retro gaming station to the guest room.

I would take pictures, but last time people went on about cable management. I really don't want to put lots of work into it if I am planning to move.

cRIPticon

In 2014 we had a flood in the basement that meant I had to gut the theater room from 5 feet up the wall to the baseboards. Perfect excuse to add new lighting, molding, and to finish off the doors to the equipment cabinet. New carpeting and here we are.

Unfortunately, with the room being painted black, including the ceiling, light disappears into the room which means that taking pictures turns into a grainy mess on an iPhone. Get other pics with my Canon after I finish some artwork and bits on the screen side of the room (which is a 120" fixed frame).

pjEd0Ae.jpg

LtOrange

Some of these setups are absolutely amazing and something I hope to accomplish someday. Currently I live in a small one bedroom apartment and have a hard time keeping the place organized. Does anyone have any recommendations for some sort of console stand that could be placed on a desk? I have decent sized desk, but I would love to be able to stack my Xbox One and Ps4 on some sort of stand.

cjlove72

Neo Member
Wow, there are some seriously nice setups in this thread...love it!

Here are some pics of my various gaming rigs around the house.

Lounge Room

Since my post in the 2014 thread, I sold my PS4 and moved the PS3 into a new setup with an Epson 1080p Projector...more about that later.

So the Lounge Room now contains the following setup:
- LG 60" Plasma TV
- Yamaha YSP-2200 Soundbar
- Intel NUC D54250WYKH HTPC running XBMC 14.1 (I will never call it Kodi LOL)
- Synology DS1812+ with 8x4TB HDDs (about 25TB) storing all movies, TV, music etc
- 4x2 HDMI Matrix hooked up to the projector room so I can watch Cable on the TV or the Projector
- Eaton 5S UPS

All rooms are connected via various Netgear and HP Gigabit switches...all movies, TV and music streams from the Synology NAS. I also have a SONOS Play 5and two Play 3's dotted around the house and outdoor entertaining area which also stream (wirelessly) from the Synology.

Gaming PC
Completely new build since last year, I sold my PS4 to invest in a top of the range gaming PC...my new battlestation now consists of:-

- Intel i5 4690 Devils Canyon CPU
- Asrock Z97X Fatal1ty Killer Motherboard
- 2 x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 2133Mhz RAM
- 2 Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming Graphics Cards
- Samsung 840 EVO 128GB (OS)
- 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (Games/Music/etc)
- 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (Downloads/Misc)
- Corsair AX860i PSU
- Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 Case
- Deck Hassium Pro Cherry Red Keyboard
- Logitech Gaming Mouse
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Soundcard
- Beyerdynamic MMX300 Headphones
- LG 49UB850T 49" 4K TV supports full RGB 4:4:4 palette at 60Hz via HDMI 2.0
- Buttkicker Gamer 2 transducer
- Oculus Rift DK2 VR headset
- Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (not shown in pics...mostly for playing Elite Dangerous on the DK2...wow, amazing experience!!)
- Eaton 5S UPS

4K gaming rocks...I typically get around 45-60fps in most new games with everything on Very High or Ultra graphics settings.

Although after playing Elite Dangerous, Assetto Corsa and Alien Isolation on the DK2 I don't think gaming on a TV will ever quite be the same again...can't beat the DK2 for immersiveness...roll on CV1 :)

I also run XBMC 14.1 on this as well.

MAME Cabinet
Custom-build by myself, running the HyperSpin Front-end with approx 25,000 games for systems such as:-
- MAME,
- NES,
- SNES,
- MasterSystem,
- MegaDrive,
- NeoGeo
- N64
- and a load of others

The full album including build pics is at http://imgur.com/a/pE6gF.

Virtual Pinball Table

Custom-built (by me...again!) Star Trek Next Generation virtual pinball table:-
- Full Williams Widebody Pinball shell dimensions
- 42" LED for playfield
- 29" monitor for back glass
- 19" monitor for Dot Matrix Display
- PC with an Nvidia GTX560 GPU hosting 300+ tables for Future Pinball and Visual Pinball

The full album including build pics is at http://imgur.com/a/7tPYB.

Projector Room

I have only set this up in the last week or two. I recently moved into a new rental with a space that I decided to use as a kids games room and also to contain the MAME cabinet and Pinball Cabinet...but also took advantage of the room dimensions and added a new movie/gaming config as follows:-

- Epson EH-TW3500 1080p Projector
- Yamaha RXV377 Amplifier
- Accusound ES80 Wireless 5.1 Speaker System
- PS3
- Wii U

Currently set up filling almost an entire wall which is equivalent to a 3.5m screen...utterly amazing for watching TV, sport, movies and gaming. I don't think I'll be using the 60" plasma that much after the 'big screen' experience.

This will keep me going until 4K projectors come down in price and there is some decent content available!!

Well that's about it from me...happy to provide more info on any of the setups I have...so feel free to reply to this post or PM me.

I live in Perth, Western Australia so I'm also happy to demo any of the above to any other "sandgropers" out there ;-)

I'm really looking forward to getting more inspiration from some of the other amazing setups out there...keep up the good work GAFfers!!

cjlove72

Neo Member
Hi Everybody - I'm a long, long time lurker and year after year this has been one of my favorite threads. So many awesome set-ups!

Some of my earliest memories are connected to video games. My father brought home the original Magnavox Odyssey (complete with the translucent plastic overlays) when I was 4 years old. We all thought it was amazing, but honestly it didn't get much use after the first week or so. We later moved on to the Atari 2600 (when it still went by the name Atari VCS) and we ultimately scored the love of my gaming life, the ColecoVision, and then a bit later the Adam computer expansion module. That pretty much ended phase one of my personal relationship with video games. I still vividly recall how exciting it was when the NES hit store shelves and at the time, it seemed to pick up where ColecoVision left off. My brother picked up one - - - - and later a Sega Genesis, which I played around with a bit, but my contact with video games pretty much ended there until 2009 when we picked up a PS3 slim for my wife and I, with the primary intention of using it as our blu-ray player.

I've been collecting physical DVDs and Blu-Rays since the formats were introduced and slowly but surely, I got sucked back in to gaming too..

About a year or so ago, I made a short video showing how I've squeezed 6000+ Discs into my apartment with the intent of helping hopeless collector types like myself who may be facing storage issues.

It's a little shaky & the audio could be louder, so apologies...

Big 6000+ DVD & Blu-ray Collection Storage Solution - YouTube

I also took a some photos...

I'm speechless...what an amazing collection!! What is even more amazing is how neat and well organised everything is...it's obvious that huge time and effort has been put into getting it this way...congrats!!

Dave_6

Wow, there are some seriously nice setups in this thread...love it!

Here are some pics of my various gaming rigs around the house.

Lounge Room

Since my post in the 2014 thread, I sold my PS4 and moved the PS3 into a new setup with an Epson 1080p Projector...more about that later.

So the Lounge Room now contains the following setup:
- LG 60" Plasma TV
- Yamaha YSP-2200 Soundbar
- Synology DS1812+ with 8x4TB HDDs (about 25TB) storing all movies, TV, music etc
- 4x2 HDMI Matrix hooked up to the projector room so I can watch Cable on the TV or the Projector
- Eaton 5S UPS

All rooms are connected via various Netgear and HP Gigabit switches...all movies, TV and music streams from the Synology NAS. I also have a SONOS Play 5, two Play 3's and two Play 1's dotted around the house and outdoor entertaining area which also stream (wirelessly) from the Synology.

Gaming PC
Completely new build since last year, I sold my PS4 to invest in a top of the range gaming PC...my new battlestation now consists of:-

- Intel i5 4690 Devils Canyon CPU
- Asrock Z97X Fatal1ty Killer Motherboard
- 2 x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 2133Mhz RAM
- 2 Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming Graphics Cards
- Samsung 840 EVO 128GB (OS)
- 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (Games/Music/etc)
- 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (Downloads/Misc)
- Corsair AX860i PSU
- Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 Case
- Deck Hassium Pro Cherry Red Keyboard
- Logitech Gaming Mouse
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Soundcard
- Beyerdynamic MMX300 Headphones
- LG 49UB850T 49" 4K TV supports full RGB 4:4:4 palette at 60Hz via HDMI 2.0
- Buttkicker Gamer 2 transducer
- Oculus Rift DK2 VR headset
- Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (not shown in pics...mostly for playing Elite Dangerous on the DK2...wow, amazing experience!!)
- Eaton 5S UPS

4K gaming rocks...I typically get around 45-60fps in most new games with everything on Very High or Ultra graphics settings.

Although after playing Elite Dangerous, Assetto Corsa and Alien Isolation on the DK2 I don't think gaming on a TV will ever quite be the same again...can't beat the DK2 for immersiveness...roll on CV1 :)

I also run XBMC 14.1 on this as well.

MAME Cabinet
Custom-build by myself, running the HyperSpin Front-end with approx 25,000 games for systems such as:-
- MAME,
- NES,
- SNES,
- MasterSystem,
- MegaDrive,
- NeoGeo
- N64
- and a load of others

Virtual Pinball Table

Custom-built (by me...again!) Star Trek Next Generation virtual pinball table:-
- Full Williams Widebody Pinball shell dimensions
- 42" LED for playfield
- 29" monitor for back glass
- 19" monitor for Dot Matrix Display
- PC with an Nvidia GTX560 GPU hosting 300+ tables for Future Pinball and Visual Pinball

Projector Room

I have only set this up in the last week or two. I recently moved into a new rental with a space that I decided to use as a kids games room and also to contain the MAME cabinet and Pinball Cabinet...but also took advantage of the room dimensions and added a new movie/gaming config as follows:-

- Epson EH-TW3500 1080p Projector
- Yamaha RXV377 Amplifier
- Accusound ES80 Wireless 5.1 Speaker System
- PS3
- Wii U

Currently set up filling almost an entire wall which is equivalent to a 3.5m screen...utterly amazing for watching TV, sport, movies and gaming. I don't think I'll be using the 60" plasma that much after the 'big screen' experience.

This will keep me going until 4K projectors come down in price and there is some decent content available!!

Wow, all of this is amazing! I mean WOW. Great job! Makes me want to get a 2nd 970 for SLI so I can get me a 4K display like that :O

Kind of an odd question though; how do you like that soundcard? I'm still trying to decide whether I want one of those or a Schiit stack for my PC.

cjlove72

Neo Member
Wow, all of this is amazing! I mean WOW. Great job! Makes me want to get a 2nd 970 for SLI so I can get me a 4K display like that :O

Kind of an odd question though; how do you like that soundcard? I'm still trying to decide whether I want one of those or a Schiit stack for my PC.

Yeah, when SLI works it's great (I'm looking at you Ubisoft...GRRR!!). But most new games (should) support it, and I wanted to get my 4K rig ready as 2015 is shaping up to be an amazing year for PC gamers (Witcher 3, GTA 5, Metal Gear Solid etc)...oh god...GTA V in 4K...I think I'll need a couple of weeks off work LOL.

I love the STX Essence...I did have the Asus Xonar DX soundcard with some Astro A50 headphones...but I took an opportunity to buy the BeyerDynamics at well under cost price and bought the STX to go with them.

I mostly game with the headphones but also listen to quite a bit of music when the kids are in bed. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to lose the wireless surround sound with the A50s so tried all four combinations of both soundcards with both headphones and the STX with the BD's smashed it out of the ballpark for both music and gaming, even with the loss of the 7.1 surround and them being wired. With that combination, I have heard extra details for the first time in some songs that I must have listened to 1000 times over the last 20 years...very impressive, although they were my first 'decent' pair of headphones.

Goddammit OP you made this thread just so you could show off your amazing pad didn't you...didn't you!
OT but how much does a place like that cost?

Seriously there are some amazing setups in this thread. Can't wait till I move out and get my own.

Nice setups all around. Thought I might share mine too. Be kind...

Living room:

And some winter view as we had snow over the holidays...

Where do you live? looks like the future 0.o

Mind posting what model Sony this is and what you think of it? I recently got a Samsung that I'm not happy with and am looking to switch back to Sony.

It's a Sony Bravia W610B (60") purchased from Costco in August. Absolutely love it. I turn on the 240hz Motion Flow for all my games that are not 60fps and it mimics a smooth frame rate so nicely. Things like Xenoblade, GTAV, Driveclub, Forza Horizon, among others, look great with motionflow on, and I can't tell any lag, at least not any that is affecting any of my gaming performance.

Top Bottom