• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

VanWinkle

Fairly simple, but I still love it. It's really cozy. I need to get better quality pictures, though. This wasn't taken in good lighting conditions and I was using my phone.

9Pn8yh9OUzeIAb3dhRLD.jpg

U7gVDxMC4cquLethbfoY.jpg

My wife and I built that coffee table, by the way. It's awesome. Also, we just got this new 55" Vizio TV (last one was 42"), and I LOVE it.

ST3K3LLY

Banned
Ok, this is awesome!

And the small fan in the right corner for the fresh driving air in your face? :D

Not exactly but it occur to me that it was adding to the experience lol.

I like this and I'm not even that big into driving games. A really cool, dedicated set up.

Thanks.

Probably the best use of triple screens i've ever seen. It's usually a mess with 3 monitors all calibrated completely differently with the colours and contrast off and it looks awful. I'm assuming your far right monitor looks off just due to the extreme angle of an LCD.

Yeah the screens are all setup up exactly the same using the same remote at the same time lol

What is driving that driving rig?

Nvidia gtx 970 oc from msi, Intel i5 4690 with 8gb of pretty good ddr3. It all runs really well with this but as it's 3k then I may upgrade in a year and give the gtx card to my mum.

I was absolutely convinced that the speaker to the right of the chair was some sort of electronic gas pump. I was all: "Dang, this guy is SUPER committed to this."

I'm an idiot.

Haha

san00ake

This is my place. Definitely not on the same level as some of the other pictures on this thread, but I'm happy for now.
Gotta buy something to display the old consoles and a small glass table.

Mohonky

My living room / main gaming space. I upgraded my sub to a Polk DSW-pro 660 since this pic.

DSC01743.jpg

When i want to get away / home of previous gen consoles.

DSC01772.jpg

Nice looking front speakers, what are they?

Also is that a Rotel 3 channel power amp bottom right? If so what do you think of it?

I will take a better photo tonight, but this was the setup after I changed it all around a load

W6sbNyB.png

And then added the Banksy Pulp Fiction print...

ReLwNpP.png

But as you can see half of the stuff is cut off at the bottom, you can't see the speakers, and.... it doesn't hold a candle to the setups in this thread ;P

Fairly simple, but I still love it. It's really cozy. I need to get better quality pictures, though. This wasn't taken in good lighting conditions and I was using my phone.
U7gVDxMC4cquLethbfoY.jpg

My wife and I built that coffee table, by the way. It's awesome. Also, we just got this new 55" Vizio TV (last one was 42"), and I LOVE it.

That sofa looks comfy as heeellll. Awesome.

Best I could do with this small apartment.

That's cool man. I'm kind of going for this as well once I get a "real" place. Currently in a student dorm/flat kind of thing.

Enordash

Well, I looked at it as three options:

1. Two monitors
  2. Two monitors + HDTV above
  3. One super screen (monitor or TV)

I discounted just having one super wide monitor due to price and the fact that if my calculations were correct, I'd be paying more for less screen real estate. My computer is my income, and I need to clearly see what I'm working on from my RDP-VPN connection (very much text-based), which currently I put on one monitor and browse/game on the other.

If I have just one monitor or TV, I couldn't game and work at the same time (it's weird, but I actually do better work when there's a distraction). To be clear, most of my gaming comes from consoles. I only play ETS2 on my computer, and that's rare these days. So, my choice really boils down to what's easiest for me to dual task.

Yes, the bezels suck when I do PC game and stretch across both monitors. Luckily, it's not something that is a big impact on the decision process. If my math or reasoning is wrong, feel free to counter. I was just about to pull the trigger on some open-box H236HLs for about $215 total. I bought them on Friday and took them back on Saturday because while the quality was great, I was still trying to decide what to do and I wasn't sure about an expense that cleared up yesterday. My current monitors are Acer S201HL/S202HL and the difference between matte and glossy is like night and day.

Are you saying you prefer matte over glossy or vice versa? I'm currently running a setup with two BenQ RL2455HM(24") on an articulating mount. For multitasking, I completely agree that a dual monitor setup wins out over a single, larger monitor (which is of course personal preference to an extent as well). In your situation, it seems as though you'd need two screens regardless as you want to keep an eye on something at all times. You could run with one large fixed monitor with a secondary, smaller monitor on an adjustable arm.

I've found lately that I'm defaulting to couch/console gaming more and more because I don't want to sit at my desk and stare at a small screen so I thought maybe expanding my PC setup would be a reasonable course of action. Honestly, something like the upcoming Steam Link (or just a cheap streaming PC) may be the better overall solution for my specific situation.

I'd love to keep the conversation going with anyone debating this same situation. Or perhaps anyone that has experience with multiple setups and which they prefer.

Are you saying you prefer matte over glossy or vice versa? I'm currently running a setup with two BenQ RL2455HM(24") on an articulating mount. For multitasking, I completely agree that a dual monitor setup wins out over a single, larger monitor (which is of course personal preference to an extent as well). In your situation, it seems as though you'd need two screens regardless as you want to keep an eye on something at all times. You could run with one large fixed monitor with a secondary, smaller monitor on an adjustable arm.

I've found lately that I'm defaulting to couch/console gaming more and more because I don't want to sit at my desk and stare at a small screen so I thought maybe expanding my PC setup would be a reasonable course of action. Honestly, something like the upcoming Steam Link (or just a cheap streaming PC) may be the better overall solution for my specific situation.

I'd love to keep the conversation going with anyone debating this same situation. Or perhaps anyone that has experience with multiple setups and which they prefer.

Between the two, the glossy definetly showed the better picture. Although, some of that could be due to the resolution difference (1600x900 vs 1920x1080). Luckily, the room that serves as my office doesn't have a lot of light behind me, so I should be fine.

I was able to order a set of open-box of those same monitors for a little bit less. At least one should be here today.

I usually game at my desk while I work, and my kids have pretty much taken over the other two TVs in their free time. With the content of the games I play, I'm pretty much stuck back here. At least I have a comfy chair.

Enordash

Between the two, the glossy definetly showed the better picture. Although, some of that could be due to the resolution difference (1600x900 vs 1920x1080). Luckily, the room that serves as my office doesn't have a lot of light behind me, so I should be fine.

I was able to order a set of open-box of those same monitors for a little bit less. At least one should be here today.

I usually game at my desk while I work, and my kids have pretty much taken over the other two TVs in their free time. With the content of the games I play, I'm pretty much stuck back here. At least I have a comfy chair.

In my experience, glossy wins out a bit over matte assuming glare isn't an issue. My TV and monitors are all matte currently but I'm thinking of upgrading across the board. I also can't decide on whether or not to build my PC down into a smaller form factor. Or fix my standing desk in the standing or sitting position for better cable management. Perhaps the lesson here is that I'm simply too indecisive for such decisions.

Sinister

Neo Member
Nice looking front speakers, what are they?

Also is that a Rotel 3 channel power amp bottom right? If so what do you think of it?

Thanks. They're Polk Audio Rti10's. Its actually a Monster PowerCenter HTS 3600. I will, however, be adding an Emotiva XPA-3 amp to the mix here soon.

SUCH a bad-ass set-up, where is the disc storage unit from do you know?

Thank you, it was from Ikea but they don't sell the tall unit anymore. Which is heartbreaking because I was going to eventually box in that window completely with those units when my collection expanded big enough. Should have jumped on it.

finalflame

Gold Member
Probably halfway done with game room. Just got to figure out how to hook up all those consoles and hide the wires.

20150702_151212_zpswupcfnen.jpg

20150702_151939_zpss7eyilbl.jpg

20150702_152939_zps0pddizdu.jpg

Holy shit dude. Where do you get your inspiration/decoration-fu from? This is exactly my style, yet I could never replicate it. Have a terrible eye for decoration :/

Holy shit dude. Where do you get your inspiration/decoration-fu from? This is exactly my style, yet I could never replicate it. Have a terrible eye for decoration :/
I just browed online for stuff in white. Everything in there is from Ikea except the open bookshelf that my consoles are on and the lamp, which were from cb2.

Enordash

Lots of good stuff in here, everyone. I guess it's time for me to stop lurking and post some of my own pictures.

My TV is ancient, and I'm looking to replace it with a 65". I'm not really sold on anything currently. I had to pull the PS4 out of the TV stand (it's hiding behind the TV) because it was getting too hot. I'm choosing form over function a little bit by having my center speaker inside the stand and off-center.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing compared to some of you guys, but it does the job.

40" Sony Bravia
Samsung HW-F350 soundbar
Sky TV box
Now TV box
White PS4

Photo is a little old, but mostly the same but I have a new mouse and router now.

i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz
8GB DDR3
GTX 970
24" Liyama Prolite monitor
G400S (G400 pictured)
TP Link W9980 router (BT Home Hub 3 pcitured)
Logitech Wave keyboard (love it to death, big keys, big wrest rest and simple, they no longer make it sadly)
Func Surface 1030 mouse pad
Sennheiser PC161 headset

Bloodember

Here's my computer setup.

This is without flash on my phone.

Here's with flash on my phone.

The desk is a Ushaped desk. The main monitor is a 27" 1080p Asus, the second display is a 24" 1050p Dell. The case is a Corsair 800D. The Wacom tablet normally is covered when not used, I uncovered it for the picture. The headphones on the Wacom are Shure SRH550DJ, they are my main cans I use on the computer. I just ordered they're replacements though, since the headband is cracked.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
xPoL7tt.jpg

360 and small form factor gaming PC. That's it! No interest in current gen 'til Uncharted 4...

Fowler

So we don't have much space here in Hong Kong... but I turned my guest bedroom into a little man cave.

It's a little hard to take pictures of the whole room because it's so small. But it's basically only got enough space for the TV, some shelves, and a La-Z-Boy.

Here's the whole room.

Just for an idea of the size... this is the space behind the La-Z-Boy. It's just enough space to either recline, or open the wardrobe. (But not both.)

Small side table with charging stands for controllers plus drinks. Also an iPad stand, which is great for keeping an eye on sports while I play.

Main console rack, with consoles past and present. Only the PS4, Wii U and Xbox One are actively hooked up... and the Xbox One hasn't been used in about a year, hence the other things laying on it. (I know it's not good for airflow! But it doesn't really matter if it's off...)

Side shelves filled with my other passion, LEGO.

Another LEGO shelf, just... well, just because.

Not the biggest set-up, I know (I love some of the massive home theatres in here!) but I think I've managed to do alright with it.

fenners

So we don't have much space here in Hong Kong... but I turned my guest bedroom into a little man cave.

Not the biggest set-up, I know (I love some of the massive home theatres in here!) but I think I've managed to do alright with it.

That's really rather gorgeous!

Sinister

Neo Member
Main console rack, with consoles past and present. Only the PS4, Wii U and Xbox One are actively hooked up... and the Xbox One hasn't been used in about a year, hence the other things laying on it. (I know it's not good for airflow! But it doesn't really matter if it's off...)

Nice anniversary.

VanWinkle

It's a little hard to take pictures of the whole room because it's so small. But it's basically only got enough space for the TV, some shelves, and a La-Z-Boy.

Here's the whole room.

MgRAt8X.jpg

That looks INSANELY cozy.

Fowler

That's really rather gorgeous!

Thank you!

Ludono said:
Fellow Hong Konger! You're lucky to have that much space haha my entire flat is the size of that room D:

We're super lucky, we have a pretty decently sized flat in Tin Hau and it's cheaper than mot of my friends'... but yeah it's funny, so many friends always say "oh we'll come over and play!" and they never quite believe me that there's only space for one in there...

Sinister said:
Nice anniversary.

Thanks! I don't mean to leave it as only a display piece; I'm waiting for a decent hard drive upgrade to come out. Figure I'll throw a 2TB 7200rpm drive into the Anniversary PS4 when a good one comes out and then move over to that one.

VanWinkle said:
That looks INSANELY cozy.

It really is... mostly thanks to that chair. It's surprisingly hard to find a good comfortable armchair in HK; most chairs like that are either absurdly expensive or massage chairs, and I really don't like massage chairs. The chair makes the room for me, IMO.

Mahonay

Banned
Just moved, so time for a new post in here.

The current gaming setup in my tiny Brooklyn apartment. Just moved in a couple weeks ago and I really like what we have going. My girlfriend and I have very similar taste so everything flows together nicely. My little corner of gaming zen.

8dtK7sA.jpg

catabarez

Can anyone recommend a larger entertainment center so I can display a bunch of retro consoles? I can't find anything that would accomodate my consoles.

I use a Lappland TV unit. I can fit a PS2, PS3 and 360 virtically in one of the vertical cubes. Then there's a PS4 horizontal with stuff on top in another, then a Wii U vertically with some charging stuff in the third. Xbone, hifi and blu-ray player are under the TV. Lower cubes have boxes in them for storage. It's a good value for money unit IMO.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80285155/

I cover them with a Schottis pleated blind to hide them. It doesn't keep the dust off them though.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20242282/

Top Bottom