• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shpeshal Nick: "If what I’ve heard is true, fans of Xbox 360 era JRPGs will have something to look forward to at the showcase"

Real question: why do this leakers always talk like this? Why not just say "My source says that game X is getting remade/sequel"

It's always like "there is a game that starts with S that will make fans happy "

It’s here.
Final Fantasy XI Remake.
Lets grind!
Black Widow Avengers GIF

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FF13 remaster. Please be excited.
But in seriousness I wonder what it could be.

All 3 FF13 games are already BC enhanced to 4K/30 (4K/60 for XIII-2 and Lightning Returns) fyi.

If it's Square then maybe FF9 remake/ster gets debuted here, if it falls under their new aggressive multiplatform strategy.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Hoping for more X-enhanced, FPS boosted backwards compatibility, playing through 360-era RPGs in 720p30 is rough.

I'd rather have enhanced BC than a remaster, unless I'm upgraded for free/small fee.

Last edited:

Smoke6

Can we start holding these dudes accountable for things not turning out and making them give up the info they held dangling like a carrot?

This is getting old

Lambogenie

For real, outside of Lost Odyssey's mini novels, the game itself was average. So... meh. Not much to look forward to unless you mean suddenly Xbox versions of 3rd party are notably earlier or better.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Seems like Jez Corden is also hinting at the very same announcement
There's also always the potential for total surprises too. I've heard about some nostalgic announcements that should chase away the blues for classic Xbox 360 RPG fans, Microsoft also has Killer Instinct developer Iron Galaxy back on board, working on the franchise again. Perhaps we see some other classic games revived, or a big new Activision-aligned backwards compatibility drop. People have been holding out hope for Xbox 360 classics like Prototype and Singularity to arrive on the platform as well.

Top Bottom