• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shrinking the Playstation 5

Closer

This is amazing! I was scrolling through random DIY projects and stumbled upon this beauty. This fixes about everything I don't like about the actual PS5 design and makes it so much more appealing.

Makes you wonder about how Sony is gonna shrink the PS5 in the coming years. Sony could start by looking (copy it dammit) at these custom projects for inspiration.

Codes 208

honestly even a ps4 slim-sized ps5 super slim would be impressive

I just want them to move away from that doofy asymmetrical design

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Never seen the thread. Dude got some really good skills and eye for good design.

angrod14

apple-mac-studio-cj-thumb.jpg

I wish Sony had Apple's sense of aesthetics. Imagine a PS5 Pro in this form factor and with these premium materials.

Three

apple-mac-studio-cj-thumb.jpg

I wish Sony had Apple's sense of aesthetics. Imagine a PS5 Pro in this form factor and with these premium materials.
If they did a brushed aluminium console like this or what the video in the OP did it would cost north of £800 and fail to get an install base. The OP video PS5 would even require more user maintenance. At best they could make an additional "premium" version console like the PSX or Panasonic Q but barely anybody would buy it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom