• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida: PS Plus Extra was created as a ‘Best Of’ list for PlayStation users.

Fredrik

That's exactly what I did.
My PS+ was due to expire when that was going on so I got a PSNow sub and subscribed before the change over 👍
And somehow I still feel robbed 🤔
I kinda feel the same way. It’s cheap with that conversion and it was awesome at launch, I hadn’t played Miles Morales, Death Stranding, Days gone, SOTC remake, Returnal.
But now what?
I bought GOWR so whenever that comes to PS+ it’s meh. Not sure what I’m supposed to excited at. It’s a premium best-of service for LTTP gamers. Great for those who jump in at the Pro launch I guess.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I kinda feel the same way. It’s cheap with that conversion and it was awesome at launch, I hadn’t played Miles Morales, Death Stranding, Days gone, SOTC remake, Returnal.
But now what?
I bought GOWR so whenever that comes to PS+ it’s meh. Not sure what I’m supposed to excited at. It’s a premium best-of service for LTTP gamers. Great for those who jump in at the Pro launch I guess.
Exactly, for the gamer it doesn't offer much other then a chance to play games you wasn't interested in anyway.
And the only thing that would interest you which is supposed to be the whole point of the premium they don't even release anything for it.

Kupfer

But PS2 and PS1 games should be doable. I think it's am atter of them just wanting their fans to pay for the privilegde of playing prior gen games. They could do it, they did it for PS3. It's just not a priority for them.
If I remember correctly, the PS5 cannot read CDs, so no PS1 games and some of the PS2 games released on CD. I think that with enough effort it should be possible to get PS3 games to run on the PS5 as well. But it's probably not worth the effort, since only a tiny number of users would use this feature, and it wouldn't put any money in Sony's pockets. The argument of the system seller is not applicable, since every PS5 is sold directly anyway. Let Sony sell an official PS2/PS3 emulator on the PSN for all I care. I would pay full price if I could throw in my PS2 and PS3 and play it for that.

Last edited:
I think Extra is excellent value, but Premium will be and forever will be dogshit until they have a decent PS1, PSP and PS2 library on there.

Extra definitely needs more day one releases from Indies. Stray was a great get.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
If I remember correctly, the PS5 cannot read CDs, so no PS1 games and some of the PS2 games released on CD. I think that with enough effort it should be possible to get PS3 games to run on the PS5 as well. But it's probably not worth the effort, since only a tiny number of users would use this feature, and it wouldn't put any money in Sony's pockets. The argument of the system seller is not applicable, since every PS5 is sold directly anyway. Let Sony sell an official PS2/PS3 emulator on the PSN for all I care. I would pay full price if I could throw in my PS2 and PS3 and play it for that.
Fa Real? I didn't know that it can't read CDs I guess it makes sense though. When's the last time I bought or burned a CD nowadays. Damn...ok, good point.

Fa Real? I didn't know that it can't read CDs I guess it makes sense though. When's the last time I bought or burned a CD nowadays. Damn...ok, good point.

It doesn't make sense at all since the Series X can play CD's and with a slight adjustment apparently VCDs as well.

In fact, several external disc drives, including the rare BR ones can also play CDs.

it's almost as if Sony intentionally made a drive that can't play CDs, or low level DVD's well.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
It doesn't make sense at all since the Series X can play CD's and with a slight adjustment apparently VCDs as well.

In fact, several external disc drives, including the rare BR ones can also play CDs.

it's almost as if Sony intentionally made a drive that can't play CDs, or low level DVD's well.
Those greedy bastards.

It's not a "best of" for me, it's more like "already played". I'll resub if they bother to add more day one games again. I didn't realise Stray would be the first.. and last.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Seem to me like the complaints mostly stem from many PlayStation gamers buying many games and therefore finding a service like this of limited value.

But maybe there are people who buy quite a few games a year and still didn’t buy Returnal, Demons Souls, Stray, Deathloop and they look at the service and think hey maybe there’s value there.

Sony will need to keep it coming sure, and hopefully they will focus more on games like Stray and Plague Tale and less on bringing something like Assassins Creed or Far Cry.

Top Bottom