• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida teases "very exciting" E3 plans

Please don't focus on indie and VR. Please give us some WOW, WTF! stuff to keep the train a-rollin'!

I want some big games, but Keita Takahashi popping up reminded me that I want loads more of this:

noby1.jpg

as well. And a Gradius V and VI twinpack by Treasure.

Endo Punk

I would've even care if it was all the time Vita got, Gravity Rush 2 is gonna be GOAT.

Add in Gravity Rush 2 and you've got a pretty easy "Best Conference Ever". Hell, Crash hype alone would shatter skulls.

Gravily will most likely be a multiplatform game, Sony would be stupid to keep it on Vita only considering Tearaway didn't do so hot despite the critical acclaim. I really would like buy the game as a PSN download on PS4 and Im sure there are many who want to support it but can't see themself buying into a failing handheld.

Be real, Ape Escape 4.

Be real ;-;

Right there with ya. AE can't be confirmed soon enough.

I would've even care if it was all the time Vita got, Gravity Rush 2 is gonna be GOAT.

Same. A GR2 trailer could be the only news/announcement the Vita gets at E3 and I would still be utterly content. God, I really hope it makes an appearance in some form. A worldwide release window shown at the end of said trailer would be make me backflip.

Gravily will most likely be a multiplatform game, Sony would be stupid to keep it on Vita only considering Tearaway didn't do so hot despite the critical acclaim. I really would like buy the game as a PSN download on PS4 and Im sure there are many who want to support it but can't see themself supporting a failing handheld.

Soul Sacrifice, Oreshika and Freedom Wars are all 'on Vita only.'

StuBurns

Banned
Gravily will most likely be a multiplatform game, Sony would be stupid to keep it on Vita only considering Tearaway didn't do so hot despite the critical acclaim. I really would like buy the game as a PSN download on PS4 and Im sure there are many who want to support it but can't see themself buying into a failing handheld.
I'm imagining a timed exclusive, with no touch input, to align with the Western release of Vita TV.

Prelude.

Gravily will most likely be a multiplatform game, Sony would be stupid to keep it on Vita only considering Tearaway didn't do so hot despite the critical acclaim. I really would like buy the game as a PSN download on PS4 and Im sure there are many who want to support it but can't see themself supporting a failing handheld.
The begging will never stop. They'd be stupid if they actually took an exclusive title from the Vita, not the other way around.

It's a Vita game btw, there's no "most likely", it's confirmed.

Endo Punk

The begging will never stop. They'd be stupid if they actually took an exclusive title from the Vita, not the other way around.

It's a Vita game btw, there's no "most likely", it's confirmed.

No it isn't. The trailer didn't say anything about the platofrm.

I'm imagining a timed exclusive, with no touch input, to align with the Western release of Vita TV.

It'll be easier to just put it day 1 on PS4 since the DS4 already has a touch pad.

Gorillaz

In reality what's gonna happen

Start Conference
Talk about PS4 and PS3 sales (80 million PS3's, 7-8 million PS4's)
Ignore Vita, maybe talk about remote play
Go over some more details about PSNow
Talk about new PS4 media apps
Show off some 3rd party trailers and exclusive DLC (Destiny, Watch Dogs)
TLOU PS4
Trailers for The Order 1886 and Uncharted 4
Show teaser for unannounced PS4 game
Give away some free PS Vitas to the audience to clear inventory
End conference

Right there with ya. AE can't be confirmed soon enough.
I disagree, it would be flawed logic to make a vita game multiplatform. They are trying to sell.vita. Not put it 6' under.

No it isn't. The trailer dfidn't say anything about the platofrm.

It'll be easier to just put it day 1 on PS4 since it the DS4 already has a touch pad.
They confirmed after it came out that out is a Vita exclusive. Plus, just watch the trailer. Looks like a Vita game.

StuBurns

Banned
It'll be easier to just put it day 1 on PS4 since it the DS4 already has a touch pad.
I imagine it's the last major exclusive Sony ever makes for the platform, and the Vita TV is a release that justifies something of a push. I think it'll be timed, but we'll see.

Endo Punk

Either TLG is shown at E3 this year or I erase it from my brain.

I also want to see an awesome new IP that isn't a TPS or an FPS.

A return of a PS1/PS2 era IP or franchise. I'll leave it vague that way less chance of getting let down.

They confirmed after it came out that out is a Vita exclusive. Plus, just watch the trailer. Looks like a Vita game.

Looks like a downloadable game as well :p But I respect the fact Vita has such a hardcore group of fans behind it. Hope Sony can do something about appeasing such fans at E3 too. I just want to see Sony steamrolling with PS4 game after PS4 game.

Anura

I just can't get excited by something like this. Sony may have the best E3 ever planned or the worst but he would be saying this same thing to gamespot either way.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I'd love it if they focused more on big AAA titles, but it seems that might not be the case. Sure, we'll get more Order footage, and maybe a new IP announcement HOPEFULLY, but they'll definitely peg indies and VR more. Might even see Shahid on the stage talking about Indies for 30 minutes.

There's Kill Strain and Entwined, so realistically, we can expect to see those 2 new IPs at least.

And I'm hopeful that mort was right about Sony's 'classic revival' like Paparappa the Rapper.

Daffy Duck

He'd hardly say it's going to be boring and we haven't got much.

I'm not falling for any of it. Same goes for everyone and everything.

Elios83

I hope that these exciting plans are totally about showing new games.
The bare minimum which will be discussed will consist of:
1)Playstation Now launch details
2) Gameplay demos of The Order 1886, Uncharted 4, Driveclub 2.0 and new trailers of upcoming indie titles like The Witness, Rime,etc.
3)Demos/updates of upcoming third party games where they have a marketing partnership (ex. it's likely that Assassin's Creed Unity will debut at the Sony E3 conference with a gameplay live demo, at the same time I hope that they won't lose anymore time with Destiny).
This is the 'pretty much certain' stuff.

Of course there will be surprises but here we can only guess.
So if I have to speculate I'm kinda confident that Gran Turismo will make its debut this winter on PS4 with GT7 Prologue (hints are everywhere).
Media Molecule has been silent since their February 2013 concept video so it seems resonable to expect something from them.
Sony Bend seems an other likely candidate to unveil their PS4 project.
I don't expect anything from Santa Monica considering that Stig Asmussen's game was cancelled and the God of War reboot/sequel which Cory Barlog is probably working on must be very early in development.
Guerrilla and Quantic Dream might be ready to announce their next projects with debut trailers but their announcements could be saved for Gamescom or later.
The Last Gurdian new trailer with release date seems a really good bet for a megaton suprise at the end of the conference.
I don't know if other japanese stuff like a new Clap Hanz game, Gravity Rush 2 and so on will be saved for TGS.

He'd hardly say it's going to be boring and we haven't got much.

I'm not falling for any of it. Same goes for everyone and everything.

He does have a habit of saying 'Nothing' when people say 'What have you got ready for E3, Shu?!'. And he falls asleep during other people's talks.

ocean

Banned
It seems like a recurring theme. "Please be excited", or tweets/comments to that effect seem to always precede the conference itself.

According to you guys, what have been the most hype-worthy (if any) announcements of the previous E3's? Any that you feel truly justified a "Wait till you see this!" teaser?

Please don't focus on indie and VR. Please give us some WOW, WTF! stuff to keep the train a-rollin'!

epitome of narrow-mindedness.

1) indies are the most creative right now.

2) vr is the future.

hopefully the show more indies. would like gone home to come to ps4.

and luftrausers.

tired of the same aaa shit. watch_dogs looks like modern asscreed. destiny looks like next-gen borderlands.

no man's sky looks to be more interesting. so are rime and helldivers.

Top Bottom