• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*sigh* … I'm reluctant to buy a single PS4 game from now on.

sainraja

But not with the new graphics. You need the PS5 version for that of course.
For Xbox it is confirmed that you will get automatically the best version for your console for free.

Given Sony's history with PSN games being made available to us for no extra cost on the PS4 (if you bought it on PS3, it was available to you on the PS4); I would be surprised if they didn't do the same now with their main line games, specially when their competitor is now promising to do that. Third party publishers are a whole other thing.

Last edited:
OP you've already answered your own question. It really comes down to whether you're willing to wait 12+ months to play the games available right now, simply for what could be slightly improved graphics, if they even rerelease said games. Seems like a waste to me. Remasters happen. That's the nature of the business. But you don't even know what your circumstances will be a year from now. If you have the opportunity to play now, do it.

Top Bottom