• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sigourney Weaver claims there's an R-Rated cut to Galaxy Quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Social Network had two.
Forrest Gump had at least two, though one was during a battle scene and very hard to hear ("Get that pig unfucked!")
The Pursuit of Happyness had at least one said and at least one shown in writing. It may have been said twice, I don't recall.
Spaceballs has one and is PG.

Spaceballs* also has "shit" in it and was made when MPAA rules were a little more lax.

*side note....this year is Spaceballs 25th anniversary

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
edit: wait what I'm a member
VAddv.gif

Kapura

Banned
There is a scene near the end of the film, i believe, where Sigourney Weaver says "Screw that!" but her mouth is clearly saying something else.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I think I might like an unrated/r-rated cut less. It'd probably be filled with dark humor and nastier jokes, and spoil the mood for me a bit, I think. I really like it the way it is.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
From IMDb:
Director Dean Parisot and star Tim Allen have revealed in interviews that the original tone of the film was much darker, with more scenes of violence. After test screenings the film was re-cut to emphasize the comedy and obtain a PG rating.

My understanding has always been that they shot a ton of material and only really discovered the right tone in the editing bay. The movie is great as is, seems to me that there's a very good reason why that's the cut that we got.

Jintor

Story here

It's obvious that GQ was intended to be at least PG-13 at some point in production, but R-Rated seems kind of out there. When would a sex scene have fit aside from Fred and Laliari, which would have been really weird.

Even if she's overselling it, I'd love to see an director's cut to Galaxy Quest

GIVE IT TO ME

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I don't know why, but this thread just made me realize that the guy who played Mathesar, the head alien guy, is currently playing big-bad Elias on Person of Interest.

There's one for the "mind-blowing-it's-that-guy" thread.

akira28

You know, Weaver is a first class shit-stirrer, and you shouldn't believe half of the nonsense that she spews. Almost every unfounded Alien rumor over the past 20 years have originated in her imagination.

"Oh, I had a great conversation with Jimmy Cameron the other day about some new direction for Ripley's saga to go in. Stay tuned!'

Shut up, woman! You are a half step removed from Sean Young.

Nice cleavage in Galaxy Quest though.

hold your tongue lest you lose your head, knave!

squidyj

I don't know why, but this thread just made me realize that the guy who played Mathesar, the head alien guy, is currently playing big-bad Elias on Person of Interest.

There's one for the "mind-blowing-it's-that-guy" thread.

Yeah, he was also on Just Shoot Me and Flashpoint. But really it's all about Tony Shalhoub.

whenever I want someone to have a good day I tell them "Shalhoub!"

Yuripaw

Banned
It doesn't really surprise me that at some point during production, they were planning a higher rating. During the chompers scene, when Tim Allen and Sigourney Weaver run up to the chompers, when she says "well screw that", if you look at Sigourney's mouth, if you read her lips, it clearly looks like she's saying "well fuck that" instead, and they dubbed over the different line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZODzdqVptUs

you can see it at about 0:10 in this clip.

There's an even earlier scene where they're getting away and you can clearly see her say

"I'm repeating the god damn computer"

But they cut god damn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom