• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill pachislot 3.0 announced

Garlador

old-man-crying.gif

I knew it was inevitable... but....

Silent Hill was really special to me. It was more than a game; it was an experience. It had a message. It moved me and made me think like few franchises ever before or since.

If video games are art, then Silent Hill 2 is its Mona Lisa.

... I knew this would happen and yet...

... I'm not even angry. I'm just horribly, miserably, completely sad about it.

"In my restless dreams... I see that town... Silent Hill..."

old-man-crying.gif

I knew it was inevitable... but....

Silent Hill was really special to me. It was more than a game; it was an experience. It had a message. It moved me and made me think like few franchises ever before or since.

If video games are art, then Silent Hill 2 is its Mona Lisa.

... I knew this would happen and yet...

... I'm not even angry. I'm just horribly, miserably, completely sad about it.

"In my restless dreams... I see that town... Silent Hill..."
I don't see how you aren't jaded after Homecoming

kmax

Well, what can I say other than; expect more of this kind of stuff from now on.

From AAA to Pachinko.

Garlador

I don't see how you aren't jaded after Homecoming

I was. Homecoming was pretty awful. Shattered Memories, however, was enjoyable enough, and Downpour was, while nothing fantastic, still a baby step in the right direction.

It was a long way from the peak of Team Silent, of course, but while Homecoming felt like the series was limping along, there was still signs of life.

... This... this is like going to an autopsy to confirm whether the body you see is actually the thing you once loved, and you have to acknowledge it's well and truly dead, and somebody killed it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
...Why is a Fleshlight asking me to do a 1-2-3 number game with it? :|

I was. Homecoming was pretty awful. Shattered Memories, however, was enjoyable enough, and Downpour was, while nothing fantastic, still a baby step in the right direction.

It was a long way from the peak of Team Silent, of course, but while Homecoming felt like the series was limping along, there was still signs of life.

... This... this is like going to an autopsy to confirm whether the body you see is actually the thing you once loved, and you have to acknowledge it's well and truly dead, and somebody killed it.
Yeah I agree on all three games. Shattered Memories isn't a good Silent Hill game per se, but it is a good game.

I do see what you mean though, and especially after PT was the RKO out of nowhere that it was and swept people off their feet.

What hurt me the most was delisting PT. This is just the final nail in the coffin.

Top Bottom