• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill pachislot 3.0 announced

So how does attaching these franchises onto slots actually enhance them financially or otherwise? The presumed majority/mainstream aren't likely to know these storied IP from some new generic IP they just made up, and the "otaku/gamers" who do are going to to be aware of Konami's tactics/negative press and would be apt to avoid them out of principle. I just don't understand what they're gaining.
See: all the pinball machines in America with franchises attached.

Same deal.

clj_13dueaabunwt2uil.jpg
hSbE0.gif

Reallink

See: all the pinball machines in America with franchises attached.

Same deal.

Aren't they like Batman or The Avengers and shit? I'm assuming I haven't seen a pinball machine in 20 years. IIRC as a kid they were HUGE properties everyone would be familiar with (e.g. Ninja Turtles, Simpsons, Blockbuster Movies). Castlevania isn't even in the same stratosphere in terms of recognition/public consciousness, which was my point.

I eagerly await the day Neogaf turns into a board for pachislot junkies.

Real talk:
I got the Black Lagoon SlotterMania game on Vita because it was cheap, and holy shit, I sunk like 30 hours into it in a couple of weeks.
I now own all three of the Vita games.
Never underestimate the power of Pachislot.

JP

Well, that's much better than letting Kojima spend money on a new Silent Hill game that would have probably been all exciting and stuff. Well done Konami, well done.

Well, that's much better than letting Kojima spend money on a new Silent Hill game that would have probably been all exciting and stuff. Well done Konami, well done.

P.T. was a mistake, it's nothing but.....

Seriously Konami, just sell this franchise.

Konami have officially become a self-parody. This is the sort of thing we were joking about months ago. Now it's a reality.

Top Bottom