• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 3 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Loved the episode.

Big Head is funny as fuck. Like maybe the best character I've seen in a while in a comedy role on TV.

My only gripe is despite the show not trying to be true to life I found it odd that even though she was playing her character as she's been the whole time Laurie Bream seemed clueless.

You'd think if she was sooo smart she'd already been like oh shit Richard can't leave. I get that was part of the episode as a whole being undervaluing Richard. Yet if Barker saw it why didn't Bream?

So, plausible that ultimately Big Head sinks the 20 into buying a chunk of Pied Piper from Reviga to save the day for Richard? Maybe stumbles into some other opportunities, and becomes the biggest VC in town? Go Big Head!

qSMvWNy.gif

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Well I guess we're living in a post RIGBY world

The mustache scene was one of the funniest things on this show

obin_gam

Loved the episode.

Big Head is funny as fuck. Like maybe the best character I've seen in a while in a comedy role on TV.

My only gripe is despite the show not trying to be true to life I found it odd that even though she was playing her character as she's been the whole time Laurie Bream seemed clueless.

You'd think if she was sooo smart she'd already been like oh shit Richard can't leave. I get that was part of the episode as a whole being undervaluing Richard. Yet if Barker saw it why didn't Bream?

Actually, it's supposedly very true to real life in the IT scene.

Great episode. The low point though continues to be the woman that runs Raviga. Not sure if she is trying to channel Peter Gregory but she comes across more like an android.

lunchtoast

Could someone explain what happened with bighead, I missed something. I thought they said they can fire people without severance, but he's getting 20 mil?

Slacker

Could someone explain what happened with bighead, I missed something. I thought they said they can fire people without severance, but he's getting 20 mil?

We can assume his leadership position was tied to a different contract than those offered to the hoi polloi.

Denali

Everyone really likes Bighead? Probably my least favorite character on the show. Not sure if it's the actor or what.

Pocks

We can assume his leadership position was tied to a different contract than those offered to the hoi polloi.

I took it as their way of bribing him to sign the NDA. Big Head is a threat to Gavin Belson.

This got one of the biggest laughs from me. Great nod to Boston Dynamics. It still disappoints me that Google let that company loose.

snip

What do you mean? I thought BD was still under (Google) X.

Everyone really likes Bighead? Probably my least favorite character on the show. Not sure if it's the actor or what.

He's OK. I am rewatching Season 1, and his character was much more self-aware back then. He's a bit of a caricature now—a funny one, but a caricature nonetheless.

oatmeal

Banned
Good first episode.

He made the right choice at the end, which is something he NEVER did in Season 2.

Hopefully the writers stick to making sensible choices for their characters and not just choices that lead to drama and awkward shit.

Slacker

They're using him just right. Just a few seconds once in a while to illustrate the absurdity of high level Silicon Valley employment.

j-wood

Great episode. The line about Judas at least killed himself after he betrayed Jesus, you know, the CEO OF EARTH had me laughing so hard

obin_gam

He's OK. I am rewatching Season 1, and his character was much more self-aware back then. He's a bit of a caricature now—a funny one, but a caricature nonetheless.

I think in the first season the writers didnt really know what to do with him. Frmo season 2 an onwards the character has a clear path - he's

smokeandmirrors said:
stumbling his way up

Pocks

Well I guess they are, but a couple months ago Google announced that they are looking to sell BD.

Wow, I somehow missed that. Crazy. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ogle-wants-to-sell-its-robots-reality-is-hard

I think in the first season the writers didnt really know what to do with him. Frmo season 2 an onwards the character has a clear path - he's

That's a fair assessment. It's also not as if caricatures are out of place in this show, haha.

h1nch

Loved the episode.

TBH this happens all the time in the tech industry. Extremely smart people making terrible strategic decisions, especially when it involves people.

xenist

Barker didn't see anything. As far as I could tell he was "massaging" Richard.

Melon Husk

The double gulps make a return! Pretty good.

I like the subtle use of Jared, I don't mind him as a support character. In fact I feel like they used tried to use every character evenly in this first episode.

Yeah I'm just wondering if he's gonna be an abusive asshole or if he's gonna manipulate everyone into doing what he wants.

I think manipulation. I don't trust him. Seems like the dude will use Richard for as long as needs and then when he doesn't need to ....

Bitanator

Re-watched the series leading up to last night, just gets funnier. I think the funniest scenes are at the expense of Bighead, in season one when he was leaving the house and they were shitting on him and he was standing right next to them each time. Then Gavin referred to him as Baghead used him as a pawn and he gets a cool 20 million when all is said and done.

The shows highlights for me are Erlich, Gilfoyle and the adventures of Bighead. First episode to start the season was great, looking forward to the rest of the show

Timbuktu

I want to trust him, because I don't want to think that the writers would stage yet another betrayal.

It is pretty transparent for the audience though. It's pretty obvious when they cast Tobolowsky that he's going to be hilarious but not a reliable sort.

kmag

The first episode was really good.

Each of the characters actions felt in character, even though Richards were obviously self-defeating. Although real-time non laggy mustaches? That would make some bank especially when extended to other shit.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Who else thinks the new CEO is gonna be a huge asshole?
He was obviously manipulating Richard and Erlich.

I have a feeling he's going to come off as a complete dumb ass lol. I don't necessarily think he's going to turn into an asshole, but definitely someone who is an expert at manipulation, but that's about it when it comes to intelligence haha. We'll see though.

CD'S BAR

This was a great premiere. Season 2 lost my interest, but this seems to be on the right track. It's making me want to re-watch the first two seasons.

Noshino

Loved the episode.

Its a power move. She knows that the company depends on Richard, telling him so would've meant that if they were to negotiate, she would be on the losing end, hence why undervaluing him was the correct move.

Barker actually acknowledged it because at that point they know that Richard isn't willing to budge and has been actually looking and meeting other people.

From Baker's point of view he really has nothing to lose at that point. Either Richard leaves (which he already thinks is happening), or his gamble works and he gets to keep him with or without compromises.

Good first episode.

He made the right choice at the end, which is something he NEVER did in Season 2.

Hopefully the writers stick to making sensible choices for their characters and not just choices that lead to drama and awkward shit.

Except it really isn't.

The right decision wouldve been to hold his ground and get more out of it. Richard held all the cards as the company was worth very little without him. The problem is that Gilfoyle and Dinesh broke his confidence by telling him that they were staying.

I mean, I can see the event happening just like that irl, but that wasn't really "the right choice"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom