• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 3 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remembered how funny the whole cancer foundation exchange was.

Jared:"Looks like he started a foundation in his mother's name to cure cancer."
Erlich: "Yeah, how's that going?"
Richard: "Heh, yeah. I bet his mother's dead."
Dinesh: "...yeah that's probably why he started the foundation."

Richard: "So uh good luck with the comapny there, Monica. It'll just be you, Laurie Bream, and some fucking asshole who can't even cure cancer."

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Not "easily;" not while Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is a thing.

I watched the first three episodes because of your comment. To be honest, the premise is cute, and the episodes had some amusing moments, but pretty much every episode of Silicon Valley has had at least one laugh out loud moment for me.

Grinchy

Banned
Just remembered how funny the whole cancer foundation exchange was.

Jared:"Looks like he started a foundation in his mother's name to cure cancer."
Erlich: "Yeah, how's that going?"
Richard: "Heh, yeah. I bet his mother's dead."
Dinesh: "...yeah that's probably why he started the foundation."

Richard: "So uh good luck with the comapny there, Monica. It'll just be you, Laurie Bream, and some fucking asshole who can't even cure cancer."

haha yeah that was great

Even in text form it's hilarious.

New episode tonight:
Two in the Box

The new and improved Pied Piper impresses Dinesh and Gilfoyle, but worries Richard; Jared and Erlich face housing issues; Gavin suggests a controversial move.

Bsigg12

2 episodes in and this season is off to a fantastic start. Gonna be interesting to see how the ex-Hooli employees fuck everything up.

blakep267

maybe its just me, but it seems that they don't really care about money at all, and that seems kinda unrealistic to me.

golem

maybe its just me, but it seems that they don't really care about money at all, and that seems kinda unrealistic to me.

They were always going to make the money. They had the technology and stake in the company. I think they just envisioned themselves being more Apple than Qualcomm, changing the world with a little bit of fame and ego stroking thrown in

lustrate

This episode highlighted everything wrong with small IT companies and it really has me depressed.

I work at a "tech" company with thousands of employees. Let's just say this show hits real close to home. I find it hilarious. The portrayal of sales people is too real life.

Going to be honest, I only watched because it's between GoT and Veep, and I've only seen a few episodes. But what Older CEO guy did to their product--gut it and sell it as pointless trash to idiots to turn a profit today--really hit home, because it's exactly what we are doing where I work.

Good stuff.

My friend recently got me into this and I finished season 1 tonight. It took a while, but by the end of the first season the characters had all really settled in to their personas. A few were annoying at first, but at this point I think I'm hooked.

How badly does it speak of other shows that I found the conversation---about efficiently jerking off a room of dicks---to be believable and enjoyable in guiding Richard to his "aha" moment? So many shows handle the eureka moments with cringe worthiness.

Slacker

Loved that when Jian-Yang figured out he could squat at Erlich's house, he went to smoke a cigarette in his room, "Special occasion."

element

Seriously. As someone who works in tech, this is scary how accurate it is.

The "If we have the best marketers in the world, should they be able to market something a bit more difficult?" is too fucking accurate.

finalflame

Seriously. As someone who works in tech, this is scary how accurate it is.

The "If we have the best marketers in the world, should they be able to market something a bit more difficult?" is too fucking accurate.

I started watching this show before working in silicon valley, and the show got 100x better once I started working here (before the beginning of S2). It's crazy scary how accurate everything is, down to the microkitchens and that exact brand of coconut water. Goddamn.

Oh, and the new Pied Piper building is the building I used to work in. Too close to home, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom