• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siliconera: Maybe the time for Dragon Quest in the West is upon us...

S-E just released a trailer for DQ X ver 2, so it may be that they are just covering their asses with English subtitles for it.

Hoping DQ7 is on its way here, though!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like DQ7 so its probably not that, couple of the other games or, more likely given that this is Square Enix, some browser or mobile thing.

Tizoc

Can SE just release DQVIII for ps3?

Well they're releasing KH2.5 and I wouldn't be surprised if FF12 gets an HD release on PS3, 4 and Vita.
But if they miraculously announced Dragon Quest 8 HD or just the PS2 port for PS3, I will yell at the top of my lungs- "COR BLIMEY!"

Well they're releasing KH2.5 and I wouldn't be surprised if FF12 gets an HD release on PS3, 4 and Vita.
But if they miraculously announced Dragon Quest 8 HD or just the PS2 port for PS3, I will yell at the top of my lungs- "COR BLIMEY!"

square enix are super annoying. waiting until the end of the gen to release the hd versions of 10 and 10-2. now we won't get 12 hd on ps3 :((((

Honestly, we've been without any kind of Dragon Quest in the west for so long, I don't care what game it is, as long as it's localized and not an iOS port. Browser game, DQM1 or 2, DQ7, monthly sub to DQX, DQ8 HD, any of those would do.

I promised myself that I'd stop supporting Square-Enix until they delivered more Dragon Quest games outside of Japan, which means I'm potentially missing out on Bravely Default and FFX/X-2 HD in the short term. I want to give you money, SE, but I need to see that you still care about DQ as much as I do. :\

Side note: I still remember how excited I was to hear about the remake of Dragon Quest 7 for the 3DS over a year ago. I was taking a road trip with the family and was checking Siliconera on my cousin's iPhone. I could barely keep from squealing out loud in a car full of people. Dragon Quest is my favorite series, and 7 is the best of the bunch for me.

After Operation Rainfall, it's insane some of these companies aren't bringing over their MAJOR, mainline RPG games. Just craaaaaazy. Please be the 3DS and Wii U Dragon Quests!

NolbertoS

I'm with john TV, its not DQ VII, sounds exactly like Dragon Quest II and III subtitles, since they never had any Western names to it. There should be an Operation Rainfall for DQVII :'(

This all sounds like they're setting us up for great disappointment again. Can't have true disappointment without raising your hopes up first

I'm with john TV, its not DQ VII, sounds exactly like Dragon Quest II and III subtitles, since they never had any Western names to it. There should be an Operation Rainfall for DQVII :'(

Man that will suck if true! They would probably end up being IOS titles or something. :'(

KiTA

Wow, the subtitles are perfect for those games.

Actually...

Ugh, this had better not be the goddamned iOS versions of DQ2 and DQ3.

I'll buy them, day one, even though the last few Square Enix releases on Android have literally not worked (they didn't test them on 4.3 and 4.4, so they refuse to open) but..

I'll take some Dragon Quest remakes on iOS since my wife might be getting me an iPad for Christmas. Hopefully they will have some good achievements.

creid

I was just listening to the 8-4 play episode when they talked to Richard Honeywood (who I believe worked on DQVIII, IX, IV, and V,) and he mentioned that they came up with alliterative titles for the whole series in case Square Enix wanted to use them. Sounds like these titles are from that list.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true...

Shogun1337

Square Enix: If you want free money, just give me Dragon Quest VIII HD and go back to fucking up all your franchises, make them iOS titles for all I care.

Yup, doesn't sound DQVII at all...you really have to think hard to make them match with the actual contents of the game (compared to the previous subtitles).

clem84

Gold Member
Honestly that's not much to go on. I'm a huge DQ fan and I'm praying this is true but those two names could be anything.

If this is true, I would take either DQ10 or DQ7, or even a new game entirely. Now that I think about it, anything DQ send it my way. :)

I still believe that Nintendo will put there weight behind VIIr, but aren't saying anything until Bravely Default is settled. 2014 for the 3DS doesn't have much first party going for it (only Kirby for now) and they already threw Mario, Pokemon and Zelda at the thing. Holding out for a fall 2014 release.

clem84

Gold Member
Well, technically VII is part of those mobile games, isn't it?

I have a feeling these games, if they are indeed DQ games, might end up on Nintendo systems. Remember Reggie's tweet from last month about how he'd love to play a new DQ game? Reggie's job is to promote games that will end up on Nintendo consoles. I doubt he would mention random games like that if he didn't know they'd end up on Nintendo systems. So... e-shop maybe? I'm hoping for a physical release as well.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm gonna trust John on this one, as much as I'd like it to be X or VII. I still think there's no way they won't eventually bring VII over though.

Glass Rebel

H2URq7n.png

kunonabi

I want Dragon Quest X on the wii u more than anything else. That and Bravely Default are the only things I'm interested in that Square has at this point.

Top Bottom