• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siliconera Rumor 2 Karin Kanzuki And R. Mika Will Return For Street Fighter V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

That article reminded me how irrelevant these characters are again. I have a feeling people just want them for a certain reason

Karin was top tier in OG Alpha 3 due to her V-ISM combo.
She was among the higher tiered characters in Capcom Fighting Jam too.

There are many characters whose personality or design stick with people and they want to see such characters get another chance in a new game.

I feel like Siliconera is just naming the most likely characters/were already rumored to be in, most people already think these 4 characters are likely to be in anyway. Yes, they broke the FF7 story, but apart from that their track record is shoddy.

delSai

Next they will post an article saying "Skullomania and Cracker Jack will be playable in SF5"

I know it will never happen, let me dream :/

Neoxon

If I recall correctly, Ken Bogard said that any list with R. Mika should automatically be seen as fake.

Goodstyle

Begging for Karin and R. Mika should be punishable by death.

Seriously this. They're such bad characters. Karin has no shred of originality, and Mika is just plain stupid the same way El Fuerte is. We're probably going to have a situation where no one even plays as them because of their "fans" just want some eye candy.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
This rumor list from a few weeks ago that the Siliconera claims are lining up very conveniently with:

-Ryu
-Chun-Li
-M.Bison
- Nash
- Cammy
- Birdie
- R.Mika
- Zangief
- Dhalsim
- Juri
- Karin
- Ken
- Urien
- Alex
- Laura (New character from Brazil)
- Rashid (New character from Africa)
- Zen (New character from India)
- New Boss

No Akuma? FUCK IT

Dio

Banned
Karin was top tier in OG Alpha 3 due to her V-ISM combo.
She was among the higher tiered characters in Capcom Fighting Jam too.

There are many characters whose personality or design stick with people and they want to see such characters get another chance in a new game.

Yeah, this. Getting playable Karin is a bit like having Luvia in a fighting game that isn't F/UC. I'll probably main her just because.

Kouichi

If I recall correctly, Ken Bogard said that any list with R. Mika should automatically be seen as fake.

Actually he said it's probably bullshit. If Siliconera really is right, then I'm going to go with Geminosity's reasoning and say Ken was just speculating that time since he claimed he didn't know the returning cast in the original rumor.

SgtCobra

Pretty sure they're just using my list:
Ryu
Chun-Li
M. Bison
Charlie Nash
Birdie
Cammy
Alex
Karin Kanzuki
Q
Urien
Rachid
Zen
Laura
[New final boss]
R. Mika/Sakura (still undecided on that one)
Oro/Final Fight character.

No but really, IF Dhalsim and Zangief make it then I'll be heavily disappointed, the hype meter will go below zero.

TheRook

Why? FF characters have been better additions than most characters. Plus FF games don't exist anymore so like Captain falcon and EB characters in Smash, this is a way of preserving the FF Universe.

As much as I love Final Fight, 5 of them were in SFIV and Haggar was in Marvel. Basically everyone important was seen last generation.

Would it be cool to see them later down the line? most definitely, but I don't think they'll be in the initial roster...

Why? FF characters have been better additions than most characters. Plus FF games don't exist anymore so like Captain falcon and EB characters in Smash, this is a way of preserving the FF Universe.
Because I don't think the FF characters have been better additions. I think maybe Poison is the only one I've enjoyed? Can't stand Guy, Cody, or Rolento.

If this is the roster though I don't think we need Gief.

Sesha

This rumor list from a few weeks ago that the Siliconera claims are lining up very conveniently with:

-Ryu
-Chun-Li
-M.Bison
- Nash
- Cammy
- Birdie
- R.Mika
- Zangief
- Dhalsim
- Juri
- Karin
- Ken
- Urien
- Alex
- Laura (New character from Brazil)
- Rashid (New character from Africa)
- Zen (New character from India)
- New Boss

Only Juri from 4, no name for the boss, mentions Ken.

Yeah. Laughably fake.

Seems like a waste of two slots to me.

Are you saying you use the entire roster on a regular basis?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Generally I think Siliconera has their own sources when they make claims like this.
How reliable is Siliconera anyways? Are they really the type of site to just post any old rumor?

Maybe the person who made that leak list is their "source" instead of the list itself :p

That's what I meant. The guy who made up the leaked list probably emailed Siliconera the leaked characters. My bad for not explaining it properly.

Tizoc

Actually he said it's probably bullshit. If Siliconera really is right, then I'm going to go with Geminosity's reasoning and say Ken was just speculating that time since he claimed he didn't know the returning cast in the original rumor.

This is the thing people should also take into consideration-
1- Ken Bogard didn't know who the full list consisted of, he likely knows some of the characters but not all of them
2- He says any list that features R. Mika is incorrect, but it contradicts with point #1

This is how I've interpreted it thus far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
again...this is just shit from the shoryuken leaked list, from weeks ago >_>

Sesha

That list doesn't include a character from New Zealand. Fake.

Capcom said there's not necessarily parity between the stages and the character's nationality.

If he really has access to insider info, then he might know the entire initial roster by now. Considering how vague he's been, there's no reason for him to spill the beans on everything.

pizzacat

Banned
Im not joking though, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

DLC son, patience.
You're judging from a list that isn't confirmed saying you'll be disappointed in 2 characters returning

When you know very well Capcom can change how they play completely and make them (at least look) fun like they did with bison and birdie compared to how they used to play.

You're judging from a list that isn't confirmed saying you'll be disappointed in 2 characters returning

When you know very well Capcom can change how they play completely and make them (at least look) fun like they did with bison and birdie compared to how they used to play.
That's why he said he would be disappointed if they were actually in lol

Dremark

Banned
Begging for Karin and R. Mika should be punishable by death.

We had help from a higher power:

MsKyAlt.png

Thanks Harada-san.

Personally I'm really happy to see her back, been wanting to play her again since SF4 got announced.

Wynnebeck

Banned
FLYING PEACHES FOR EVERYONE

IIRC, Mika and Karin are rivals, so getting them both in make sense.
Hope we're not getting taken for a ride, however. Mika was maybe the only really technical character I was decent with.

Nah Sakura and Karin are rivals. Tekken's rivalry of Asuka and Lili probably was homage to the original rivalry in Alpha.

Dachande

If Siliconera just going by the leaked list from a few weeks ago, how is this any more reliable than that?

Still though, I want Karin. She rules. Fuck all the haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom