• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siliconera Rumor 2 Karin Kanzuki And R. Mika Will Return For Street Fighter V

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
This rumor list from a few weeks ago that the Siliconera claims are lining up very conveniently with:

-Ryu
-Chun-Li
-M.Bison
- Nash
- Cammy
- Birdie
- R.Mika
- Zangief
- Dhalsim
- Juri
- Karin
- Ken
- Urien
- Alex
- Laura (New character from Brazil)
- Rashid (New character from Africa)
- Zen (New character from India)
- New Boss

obviously this is wrong, where is T.Hawk?

Devid905

Capcom said there's not necessarily parity between the stages and the character's nationality.
I'm aware of what Matt Dahlgren said about the stages. But why would Capcom put all the time, money, and effort on that NZ stage, just for the sake of being in the game?

Tizoc

^Err I think they put in about as much effort into the NZ stage as they did for the UK stage, if not all stages in the game :p

R. Mika is for perverts and perverts only. #truth

Hey man I didn't play her for her sweet ass >=/

Capcom said there's not necessarily parity between the stages and the character's nationality.

If he really has access to insider info, then he might know the entire initial roster by now. Considering how vague he's been, there's no reason for him to spill the beans on everything.

Regarding the first point, I'm thinking the same I think at least Brazil will get a new character from there, the other 2 will be of different nationalities, especially since one of the characters that Bogard mentioned is named Rashid/Rachid, which is an arabic name.

I've a hard time imagining R Mika cheesy design in a non 2d-cartoon game.
With SF5 they went for a 'darker', more realistic style, the character would somewhat feel out of place graphically.

Mik317

The worst part of a fighting game roll out is jerks getting mad that characters they don't like get in and then act like NO ONE likes those characters.

stop being that entitled guy/gal.

The worst part of a fighting game roll out is jerks getting mad that characters they don't like get in and then act like NO ONE likes those characters.

stop being that entitled guy/gal.

Oh people like Karin and R Mika.

But they've never played as them before. They like them because they're waifus.

This rumor list from a few weeks ago that the Siliconera claims are lining up very conveniently with:

-Ryu
-Chun-Li
-M.Bison
- Nash
- Cammy
- Birdie
- Skullomania
- Zangief
- Dhalsim
- Juri
- Karin
- Ken
- Urien
- Alex
- New Boss

wow that sounds great awesome

Not as exciting as the Alex/Urien rumour, but still cool. It's nice to see so many characters that haven't gotten a chance lately.

Though now this is lining up really well with that initial rumour, and if that's so, these will be the last of the interesting reveals besides the new characters as everyone else was in SFIV.

Kouichi

If he really has access to insider info, then he might know the entire initial roster by now. Considering how vague he's been, there's no reason for him to spill the beans on everything.

True. He could also be lying with the R.Mika comment for all we know.

Luckily we're set to get some reveals this month so let's see if the leaked list holds up.

Kain

This is a little too convenient.

The thing is, Karin would be the rekka character of choice, so she fits perfectly.

Prototype

Karin is a cool addition. R. Mika not so much. Really hope she doesn't make it in the game.

Really gonna be lame without the original 8 in the game. Oh well.

Neoxon

This is the thing people should also take into consideration-
1- Ken Bogard didn't know who the full list consisted of, he likely knows some of the characters but not all of them
2- He says any list that features R. Mika is incorrect, but it contradicts with point #1

This is how I've interpreted it thus far.
He could have easily been told that R. Mika won't be in the game. Regardless, Ken Bogard's the most reliable source for SFV leaks right now, so I'm more inclined to believe him than an anonymous source that gave Siliconera a tip.

atr0cious

-Ryu
-Chun-Li
-M.Bison
- Nash
- Cammy
- Birdie
- R.Mika
- Zangief
- Dhalsim
- Juri
- Karin
- Ken
- Urien
- Alex
- New Boss

At least Karin is in this, but sucks to see Elena go so quickly. She just got here :(

Tizoc

SNK was so much superior with female grapplers :(

Are you talking about Angel and Vice?
Cuz the one grappler that comes to mind is Tsugumi from Wild Ambition and even then I felt like if she was in a game with a different system she'd be awesome :p

Razzorn34

I'm really getting tired of the bullshit people spew. Heaven forbid people actually enjoy female character movesets, and not just because of eye candy. Many of them only appear in couple of games, so is it so hard to believe people want to play them in other games?

Nah. Apparently we are all closet perverts.

Shin

Banned
What the hell is their source?

Well they did leak FF7: R on the day Sony was supposed to have their presser (or was it the day before?) and some other stuff.
I don't have anything against Silliconera, if anything I enjoy their pure focus on Japanese games.

I'm really getting tired of the bullshit people spew. Heaven forbid people actually enjoy female character movesets, and not just because of eye candy. Many of them only appear in couple of games, so is it so hard to believe people want to play them in other games?

Nah. Apparently we are all closet perverts.
I think those comments were targets more towards r Mika fans.

jett

D-Member
I almost don't appreciate Siliconera spoiling all these surprises their their "rumor" articles. We had that sketchy leaked list and that was good enough...

Seems like SF5 is aiming to please dem fanboys with their characters though.

Tizoc

He could have easily been told that R. Mika won't be in the game. Regardless, Ken Bogard's the most reliable source for SFV leaks right now, so I'm more inclined to believe him than an anonymous source that gave Siliconera a tip.

Fair enough then. I'm only half accepting this recent piece of news, but all will be revealed in due time.
As is even if we get a different character than the 4 rumored in the past few days, I'd still be hyped for the game.

kunonabi

Bullshit in regards to Karin as plenty of people played as her. R.Mika was awful but she was a cool concept with a fun personality, backstory, and a memorable design. I'm looking forward to both characters since Capcom did a pretty good job with rekka and luchador styles in SFIV. This new trend with instantly shitting on people because they happen to like attractive female character designs is ridiculous.

Sesha

I'm aware of what Matt Dahlgren said about the stages. But why would Capcom put all the time, money, and effort on that NZ stage, just for the sake of being in the game?

Dunno, but there were stages in 4 and Super that weren't at all consistent with any of the characters. With 5 the stages seem to be more clearly themed off of specific countries. Characters aren't the only way to represent a country.

Regarding the first point, I'm thinking the same I think at least Brazil will get a new character from there, the other 2 will be of different nationalities, especially since one of the characters that Bogard mentioned is named Rashid/Rachid, which is an arabic name.

Brazil definitely has a character, but it coincides with the whole market pandering that Bogard mentioned. Brazil is a huge market, and having both a new character and a stage from Brazil would be a huge deal.
I wouldn't be surprised that the new characters were all accompanied by stages that repped their general region, but I doubt the location of every stage will coincide with the nationality of the cast members.

Dremark

Banned

No there actually are people who were around and playing fighting games back when Alpha 3 came out who used these characters.

Not everything started with SF4 or Evo Moment #37.

^Err I think they put in about as much effort into the NZ stage as they did for the UK stage, if not all stages in the game :p

Hey man I didn't play her for her sweet ass >=/

Rachid is likely from North Africa, and the other is likely from India.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Fuck yeah, Karin hype!

Now just add Sean and Ingrid and I'm good.

Neoxon

I almost don't appreciate Siliconera spoiling all these surprises their their "rumor" articles. We had that sketchy leaked list and that was good enough...

Seems like SF5 is aiming to please dem fanboys with their characters though.
I wouldn't worry, them mentioning R. Mika automatically exposed their source as fake.

Sesha

I wish R. Mika's wrestling partner Yamato Nadeshiko mentioned in the Capcom Secret File was a character, if only as an alt. She has a wicked design.

Rmika-wrestler.jpg

Dremark

Banned
I prefer classy, sophisticated character designs. Take Crimson Viper. Secret government agent who has to balance doing her job and taking care of her child. Stylish attacks, costume, and hair. Perfection.

I never played Viper much, didn't fit my style but I thought she was pretty cool. Very different design for an SF character, but she was well implemented into it's world. The government agent thing was cool and being a mom gave her a bit lighter side to her character.

kewlmyc

Hahaha, I call shenanigans. Karin being back? She better not be a freaking eternal high schooler like Sakura if true.

Uh, bullshit. Plenty of people like Karin for the way she plays, myself included.

No there actually are people who were around and playing fighting games back when Alpha 3 came out who used these characters.

Not everything started with SF4 or Evo Moment #37.

Basically this.

Back on topic, it'd be hype if this was true. No Cody would make me sad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom