• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity Officially Announced: [New 9 Minute Strategy Video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamma

Ah, finally. They just said that the beta was tuned so you could build up your city as fast as possible in one hour. The final game will be more of a challange. I was wondering if that was the case since I thought the beta was too easy.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Maybe I didn't notice, but was there a route query tool, or something similar to that in the beta? In SimCity 4, it made it easier to plan streets since I knew what paths sims were taking to work, and which sims went to which workplaces.

In SC5, it doesn't seem like I can do that unless I follow each sim from home to work in the morning.

Was there an info button that told me where each household commutes to everyday, and which route they took last?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Maybe I didn't notice, but was there a route query tool, or something similar to that in the beta? In SimCity 4, it made it easier to plan streets since I knew what paths sims were taking to work, and which sims went to which workplaces.

In SC5, it doesn't seem like I can do that unless I follow each sim from home to work in the morning.

Was there an info button that told me where each household commutes to everyday, and which route they took last?

That was that Rush Hour add on for SC4, right?

I need to reinstall that game, for this last 2 weeks.

chiablo

Ah, finally. They just said that the beta was tuned so you could build up your city as fast as possible in one hour. The final game will be more of a challange. I was wondering if that was the case since I thought the beta was too easy.

Easy is an understatement...

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
prepare yourselves for a lot of Golden Hour photography shot with one of the available filters... I fully expect some Instagramness to happen with this game.

Oh.

I think that's the whole point of the system, though. Play a city if you want. Then let someone else play it if you don't want to bother with it anymore.

Yes I know :p

What I meant was we can probably exploit around that so that 2 players can take turns instead of using it just as a mean to control an abandoned city.

I wonder what's going on here...

rEJFVHt.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Some good info about the dev beta from simcityhall.net

Click through for the whole thing.

http://simcityhall.net/viewtopic.php?id=277&p=1

Asynchronous nature of region play
- It takes time for a change in one city to be recognised in another, such as adding a department in a city hall, upgrading a power plant to a higher output, adding jobs or workers, etc. It doesn't take long (couple of minutes), but you should understand that it isn't instantly. This goes for cities played by different persons, or two cities of your own.
Because of this, for instance a slow but steady decrease of available workers might be seen in other cities as a more sudden collapse every few minutes or so.
- Gifting resource or money to another city will take time to leave your city and take traffic into account. So continu playing your city until you see a message confirming the gift is on its way. You can also check it on the region view.

- If you have excess power, other connected cities can buy it. However, the total excess is divided by the number of connected cities, and that amount is the maximum any city can buy. Say you have 300 MW of power available and you are connected to 5 cities, then every city can buy only 60 MW. It doesn't matter if those cities actually buy the power. The same applies to water and probably sewage treatment.

OchreHand

Is it weird that I haven't played Sim City in ages (about 10 years) yet this is one of the games I really want. I spent a huge chunk of the afternoon just watching YouTube videos of people playing the beta and I want this game naaow.

dejay

Banned
Is it weird that I haven't played Sim City in ages (about 10 years) yet this is one of the games I really want. I spent a huge chunk of the afternoon just watching YouTube videos of people playing the beta and I want this game naaow.

Yeah, I've watched quite a few vids too. I'm looking forward to trying some of my theories out on a few things.

avelle

Neo Member

My daily ritual includes opening up this thread, reddit.com/r/simcity, and twitter on #simcity and refreshing all three tabs hoping for new information to tide me over until March 5th. I need my fix really bad...

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Last month I had been thinking of doing a contest (to get hype for SC5) to see who can build the highest pop city in SC4 and then gift a steam game to the winner. Didnt really get around to it, though, but I think that it might be a cool idea to do for SimCity 5 when it releases.

Maybe something like: teams of 3, a set region, and then you have one weekend to see how big of a region you can grow.

I'll supply the prizes because I'm ballin'.

Would anyone be interested in a simcity challenge event?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'd join, but I absolutely suck at SimCity 4.

Oh, what I meant was, I was planning to do a SC4 one last month, but since it's already so close to release of SC5, we might as well just do SC5, maybe say...a week after release so everyone has a bit of time to get familiar with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom