• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

krae_man

I thought the Volcano Christmas layout was doughnuts only?

It showed up for me after I cleared out some prizes. I don't think it would replace Barney or houses. Are you sure you didn't get it and not notice and it's sitting in your inventory?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
It shares a peg with one of the other rare drops. It showed up after I got the snow monster for me I think.

I have Claus Co. and not the snow monster, so that doesn't sound right.
I wish I'd paid closer attention to the changes. The last one I noticed was Mr. Plow changing to Plow King.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I just got Plow King. (only two spins after he showed up on the wheel)
Only Helter Shelter and Snow Monster left on the wheel.

Get to Christmas Quest 18 and send every one on the 8 hour missions for 27 gift cards each. Its a repeatable quest as long as you don't send Homer or Lisa to their part of the quest. And almost every character you have gets the gift card mission to do.

Add lots of people to your friend list since you get 30 from each of them and they'll probably send you gift bags/presents to your town.

That's really all you can do.

Thanks for this advice! Just now on quest #18. I already sent Homer and Lisa to hide, but I'm at 26k gift cards and since they extended the holiday I should still easily get the Costingtons reward in time :)

krae_man

Thanks for this advice! Just now on quest #18. I already sent Homer and Lisa to hide, but I'm at 26k gift cards and since they extended the holiday I should still easily get the Costingtons reward in time :)

Yeah but you will get extra spin tokens for every 1000 gift cards you earn. Get yourself a few extra spins to win $1000 Clause Co.

Yeah but you will get extra spin tokens for every 1000 gift cards you earn. Get yourself a few extra spins to win $1000 Clause Co.

Already have all the spin rewards...but I could definitely use the cash. Money is the ultimate bottleneck in this game...at least for me (only started playing a couple weeks ago).

krae_man

Already have all the spin rewards...but I could definitely use the cash. Money is the ultimate bottleneck in this game...at least for me (only started playing a couple weeks ago).

Well you can always go the blue house farm route. I know it looks horrible, but it's a means to an end and you can always get rid of them later once you have bought everything and have a nice stockpile of cash.

Blue house farms are best because you earn the 1800 it costs to build a house in 4 days. White houses are technically better since they are smaller so you earn more money per square inch but they over 4 times more expensive so they take almost 3 weeks to earn the initial investment back.

^ something to think about

So I just got the Springfield Downs. Do you guys actually use it?

$2k is a heck of a lot to me, but the dog icon makes me want to play it just to remove the thing haha

TAJ

With only 26k in gift cards? wut

TAJ

The wheel went to Snow Monster but was still moving a little bit. It got stuck on the pin between the monster and cash for a minimum of five seconds, then broke through.
Same thing next spin except it broke through faster.
The next time I got near Snow Monster was the same situation except the monster was the next space. The wheel was moving faster than either of the previous spins but bounced back.

darkwing

This is weird, I'm level 17 but I still haven't unlocked Gulp and Blow building natter how many times Homer has eaten at Krusty Burger

This is weird, I'm level 17 but I still haven't unlocked Gulp and Blow building natter how many times Homer has eaten at Krusty Burger

I had the same issue. I didn't get the Krusty Burger Heavy User quest until level 17 or 18, even though it should've popped at level 11.

This game is full of bugs but don't be concerned about this one, you will still get it :)
and it won't help your gluttony rating one bit

krae_man

I had the same issue. I didn't get the Krusty Burger Heavy User quest until level 17 or 18, even though it should've popped at level 11.

This game is full of bugs but don't be concerned about this one, you will still get it :)

I bought like 20 Gulp N Blows to get my gluttony rating up to 5 stars.

darkwing

thanks for the info, argh the OCD

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Got Mr. Plow this morning. Still need Plow King, Helter Shelter, the Snowman dude, and Claus Co. At 68k gift cards.

I only needed the ice god and plow king to be finished. I saved up 25 spins, second spin got ice god no luck with the remaining spins.

75% of the spins the pointer was touching the peg around plow king. Fuck that wheel.

I play this off and on, I try to be a good neighbor. Add me "IIDeathCubeKII"

I must have been doing something very wrong as I only have 11314 gift cards.

krae_man

oooh Apparently there is an update today that will change the wheel odds:

Claus Co.
1.56% -> 5%

Snow Monster
1.68% -> 5%

Helter Shelter
2.25% -> 5%

Ice God
2.25% -> 6%

Mr. Plow
5.05% -> 9%

Snowmen #1
13.48% -> 14%

Snowmen #2
13.48% -> 14%

Decorated Houses #1
20.22% -> 14%

Decorated Houses #2
20.22% -> 14%

Decorated Houses #3
20.22% -> 14%

oooh Apparently there is an update today that will change the wheel odds:

Claus Co.
1.56% -> 5%

Snow Monster
1.68% -> 5%

Helter Shelter
2.25% -> 5%

Ice God
2.25% -> 6%

Mr. Plow
5.05% -> 9%

Snowmen #1
13.48% -> 14%

Snowmen #2
13.48% -> 14%

Decorated Houses #1
20.22% -> 14%

Decorated Houses #2
20.22% -> 14%

Decorated Houses #3
20.22% -> 14%
What were the odds before? I only have some snowmen, the snow god, the snow monster, and plow king left.

I can't progress the Christmas quest to get more gift cards, because I don't have Moe's Tavern, I'm level 15 but it hasn't unlocked. Very frustrating, what can I do to make it unlock?
There's no way I'm going to get all the holiday items in time now :-(

krae_man

You might be leveling up faster then the questlines. You don't need to complete the quests to get the main items, just collect enough gift cards.

100 friends = 3000 gift cards per day.

You might be leveling up faster then the questlines. You don't need to complete the quests to get the main items, just collect enough gift cards.

100 friends = 3000 gift cards per day.

Yeah, I guess that's possible seeing as I have been house farming.
So what makes the quests pop if it's not levels? Time?
Do I have to be playing a certain amount of days before they unlock?

krae_man

Yeah, I guess that's possible seeing as I have been house farming.
So what makes the quests pop if it's not levels? Time?
Do I have to be playing a certain amount of days before they unlock?

They happen in order. You won't get the level 15 quests until you complete all the level 14 quests etc.

TAJ

I bought like 20 Gulp N Blows to get my gluttony rating up to 5 stars.

Carts count as restaurants and you can hide them behind other buildings. I maxed out Gluttony that way as soon as Squidport came out.
You can also stack Training Walls behind buildings to keep Righteousness up.

Got all the spin wheel items except the sweeping snow dude

Same.

Its so green!

Slightly annoying you have to remove the house decorations one by one though. Unless I missed something obvious, which is entirely possible.

scottnak

Its so green!

Slightly annoying you have to remove the house decorations one by one though. Unless I missed something obvious, which is entirely possible.

GREEEEEN!

So sad... didn't get Claus Co ToT

But I don't think there is any other way to change the houses back to normal either. I did the same... one... by one... by one...

Ozone

Am I the only way that's going to keep a few of their Christmas things out? The Holiday Tree gives out a pretty good amount of money.

Top Bottom