• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

krae_man

Yeah they will force you eventually, Just don't manually update and you might be able to keep it for another day or two.

JTran2003

I accidentally updated the game so now I can't finish the rest of the gift card stuff! D'oh!!! Well at least I got Mr. Plow costume.

Vyer

Went ahead and updated. Only thing I wanted but didn't have was Santa's Village. 200 donuts tho. Oh well.

Everything is so green.

I didn't see any new quests kick off though...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Still holding off on updating. Just got Claus Co!

Just need Helter Shelter.

Wuh? It updated automatically for me. I still wanted to spin for the snow monster.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wuh? It updated automatically for me. I still wanted to spin for the snow monster.

What platform are you using?

I mainly play on my iPad, and I don't have automatic app updates enabled for major update that requires going to the app store. Doesn't apply of course to any updates that happens through the app itself.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
What platform are you using?

I mainly play on my iPad, and I don't have automatic app updates enabled for major update that requires going to the app store. Doesn't apply of course to any updates that happens through the app itself.

Android. Looks like this mod has it on by default. It's been off by default on all of my phones and I've never enabled it given a choice.
I had no idea they let you play without updating, though, even for a couple days. That makes no sense. Maybe that's why people fell for that Gamezino shit.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Got the game. I'm Mpl90 on Origin, fell free to add me. I'm going to add some of you, in the meanwhile :D

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Added a good amount of people from the OP.

I repeat: I'm Mpl90 on Origin, add me! :D

Vyer

My friend is looking to add to his list. Feel free to add him: jmk0618

Also, it looks like the Origin interface is scaled back with the update. I wonder how you approve requests now...

krae_man

Level 38 is here!

Courthouse with Judge Snider(hidden behind a quest right now)
Grocery Store-$261k

Knightboat-40 doughnuts
Blue haired lawyer- 90 doughnuts

Lady Justice statue-$4500
Khlav Kalish stand-$760
Greenpeace Boat-$1300

whooo!

Android users: force close your app and restart to get it to work.

TAJ

Good update.
Nice amount of non-premium content.

But I filled my EXP meter twice just now and found out that the requirements for bonus levels still get higher each time, so the donut situation is still pretty bad.

JTran2003

Level 38 is here!

Courthouse with Judge Snider(hidden behind a quest right now)
Grocery Store-$261k

Knightboat-40 doughnuts
Blue haired lawyer- 90 doughnuts

Lady Justice statue-$4500
Khlav Kalish stand-$760
Greenpeace Boat-$1300

whooo!

Android users: force close your app and restart to get it to work.

Man I gotta get the khlav kalish stand! Just saw that episode too!!! Can't wait!

Side note: It was really weird to watch that episode since the setting was at the twin towers... Difficult since there not there anymore... Still a good episode but just made me think...

TAJ

I couldn't resist knightboat.

Also I think the friends list limit increased.

Is there animation for the front of the boat? If so I'm all over that.

Vargas

The button in the top left hand corner that zipped you right to a character just stopped working for me a few weeks ago. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing but it doesn't seem to fix itself.

Vyer

So how do you access settings now. I had 'warn before using donuts' on and it appears that option is gone.

krae_man

So how do you access settings now. I had 'warn before using donuts' on and it appears that option is gone.

Touch the buy stuff icon, then on the top right corner of the pop up box is a small "i", in there is where you change volume, sound fx, push notifications, and confirm donut spend.

I'm level 27 now and still don't have things like Orange House, Muntz House, Gildred Truffle etc.
Quests don't seem to be popping and it's quite frustrating. For instance I'm on Squidport Quest part 9, both of the requirements have been met and are ticked but it's just hanging there and not progressing.

I'm level 27 now and still don't have things like Orange House, Muntz House, Gildred Truffle etc.
Quests don't seem to be popping and it's quite frustrating. For instance I'm on Squidport Quest part 9, both of the requirements have been met and are ticked but it's just hanging there and not progressing.
Quests pop in order, so make sure you always complete older quests or you won't get the new ones. And for the Squidport glitch, try putting the quest building in your inventory and back out again.

Hmmmm, well I'm 11 levels ahead of some quests that haven't popped. Must be all my house farming, whoops. Jeez, this game is super slow paced then, I'm going to lose interest soon if I'm going days without quests or anything new happening.

krae_man

Hmmmm, well I'm 11 levels ahead of some quests that haven't popped. Must be all my house farming, whoops. Jeez, this game is super slow paced then, I'm going to lose interest soon if I'm going days without quests or anything new happening.

New buildings should happen at a fairly regular clip and new storyline progression quests should happen immediately after you finish the previous one. You might be slowing yourself down by having the character required to trigger the next quest being preoccupied. Whatever time frame the next story progression quest is, set everyone else to it as well that way they will all be freed up and ready to trigger the next quest.

Check your inventory, did you accidentally put a character in there?

just had the person finder disappear about a third of the way through giving characters missions. It was so hard finding the characters individually, can't believe that used to be the norm haha.

Vargas

just had the person finder disappear about a third of the way through giving characters missions. It was so hard finding the characters individually, can't believe that used to be the norm haha.

It is an annoyance as I can tell you. What I have been doing is as soon as they finish a job I send them on one quick. It becomes a problem when you have multiple people in one location like the Church or Moe's though, Sometimes they just get behind a building and I cannot see them.

krae_man

Just earned enough money to buy the Worlds Largest Cubic Zirconia!

Now I just need to built up a couple mil in the bank and make my town Purdy.

In anticipation of the upcoming Valentine's Day event, where I'm sure it will be beneficial to have a ton of friends, I'm throwing my EA Origin name out there again. Send me a friend request if we aren't friends already! LamonsterZone

So I've been wondering, which prominent simpsons characters (or even not so prominent ones) aren't in the game yet?
I can only think of Lionel Hutz and Bleeding Gums Murphy but there must be quite a lot

So I've been wondering, which prominent simpsons characters (or even not so prominent ones) aren't in the game yet?
I can only think of Lionel Hutz and Bleeding Gums Murphy but there must be quite a lot

Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure were retired when Phil Hartman died. They will definitely never appear in Tapped out.

Marvin Monroe and Dewey Largo could both appear someday, especially because they are voiced by Harry Shearer. I'd also love to see Radioactive Man and Bartman at some point. It'd be fun to have one of the Snowball cats too :)

Bleeding Gums Murphy unfortunately probably won't appear in the game as he died in the show. Although, the game isn't considered canon so who knows!

Top Bottom